Page 124 of 238 FirstFirst ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 5949
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Specialized rep rolls in with a fleet of new ebikes last week. Takes everyone at the local Specialized dealer out for a show and tell tour. Which is great - sounds like the gen 3 bikes are rad. Except they all go ride a bunch of trails that aren't legal on ebikes and where there's already a bunch of tension with the land managers and the neighbors, and there's constant issues with user conflict. Great move guys.

And (separate but related), there's this hilarious ad on Pinkbike today.

Attachment 376738
    Ha! Specialized did nearly the exact same thing here in UT 10+ years ago when they stayed at Snowbird for a dealer launch. They flagged an illegal trail with Specialized tape so their retailers from around the country wouldn’t get lost.

I was hoping you were gonna tell me all the e bikes caught on fire…

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Exactly, she was being all passive aggressive, and didn’t simply ask, which I would have no problem doing. But she buzzed my tire on purpose twice, for Chrissakes.
    Not the way to act if you are trying to gain acceptance.

EDIT: for clarity’s sake, I passed her not once, but twice earlier on the uphill where there was more room. She didn’t like that. She kept yo-yo-ing.
    Most importantly, get your coconut seltzer drinking northern ass off of our front range trails man!

Other than that, I agree.

Not quite bike related but I was having a post ride beer with one of my buddies from Boston at the trail head other day. Some random douche sees my buddy's Mass. plates and yells, "Got back to Mass, we don't want you here!" My buddy (who grew up in Vermont) confronts him and verbally tears him apart for being a dick. The dude backed down like a scared rat.

Who are these miserable fucks and why do they want to ruin a good time?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Not quite bike related but I was having a post ride beer with one of my buddies from Boston at the trail head other day. Some random douche sees my buddy's Mass. plates and yells, "Got back to Mass, we don't want you here!" My buddy (who grew up in Vermont) confronts him and verbally tears him apart for being a dick. The dude backed down like a scared rat.

Who are these miserable fucks and why do they want to ruin a good time?
    In all my years living in VT I never saw anything like that directed towards MA plates. Maybe NY but that's a whole different story...
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Never seen that, but Barre is a different place.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Never seen that, but Barre is a different place.
    This was at Perry Hill. But I think see what you're saying - there's a different vibe towards out of towners in Barre versus other towns.

70+ degree dew points. Oofta.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    70+ degree dew points. Oofta.
    I was in the FL Keys last week and we had that kind of weather. That stuff is BULLSHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I was in the FL Keys last week and we had that kind of weather. That stuff is BULLSHIT.
    I have no idea how people live in places that regularly have weather like that.

I suppose that's why "Florida man" is a thing.

It goes pretty far up the east coast this time of year as well. Tuesday morning at 6 was 72 @100% humidity. Felt like pedaling through soup. Hands were prune-y for an hour afterward... it's pretty bad

Windy and cool here today, might snow to 5500'. Perfect timing, the skeeters were starting to piss me off.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I have no idea how people live in places that regularly have weather like that.
    Water. Lots of time spent in pools, lakes, and swimming holes…and the ocean if you’re a Florida man. As bad as it gets here, it’s noticeably worse the further south you go.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I find the brake thing funny.
    Shimano: "Every disc brake they've sold at every price point in the last decade will stop a bus. They're easy to bleed. Not perfect, but They....... Work........ Peirod"
    SRAM: "If you buy the Code RSC they're just as good as Shimano, maybe even better, maybe....... depends on how quickly you want to stop your bus. And the special $60 bleed kit makes it almost doable for a competent mechanic after he's had some practice."
    Shimano: "So, if I buy the XTR level brakes from Sram, they're good. Wow, I'm definitely switching over immediately! Oh, and I can finally upgrade from the $4 bleed cup that Will...... Not ........ Die? FKNA Awesome!"
    Sram: "Damn it, I just get so emotional when you don't agree with me!"

I find it's almost funny enough to distract me from you guys bitching about some people being assholes but you accidentally blaming it on the types of bikes they ride. Well, the one about the illegal ebike riding the illegal trail in an area where ebikes are often allowed but not following the unwritten illegal bike trail rules and getting totally served by someone who seems to have spoiled their own day by administering said justice in such a persistent and time consuming manner. Yea, I enjoyed that anecdote.
    However many are in a shit ton.

It's on you if you can't hear the slipknot from my bluetooth speaker and aren't getting out of my way. i'm buzzing the wheel. Don't know how these geriatrics ever won WWII

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Eh. I think MTB brakes are prime YMMV territory. I've owned one pair of Shimanos (SLX), and they definitely did not work period. Would not hold a bleed, and when they did the bite point shifted constantly. Have owned 4+ pairs of Sram (Juicy 7, Elixer 5, X0, Guide RSC) and no issues (might be a record). My main riding partner has had numerous problems with RS Sram brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Shimano: "Every disc brake they've sold at every price point in the last decade will stop a bus. They're easy to bleed. Not perfect, but They....... Work........ Peirod"
    Is the Peirod the part where they randomly pull to the bar?

Specialized rep rolls in with a fleet of new ebikes last week. Takes everyone at the local Specialized dealer out for a show and tell tour. Which is great - sounds like the gen 3 bikes are rad. Except they all go ride a bunch of trails that aren't legal on ebikes and where there's already a bunch of tension with the land managers and the neighbors, and there's constant issues with user conflict. Great move guys.

And (separate but related), there's this hilarious ad on Pinkbike today.

Attachment 376738
    Haaa even teh algorythyms are fkn with you

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Is the Peirod the part where they randomly pull to the bar?
    Why are you so focused on slowing down?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Why are you so focused on slowing down?
    My brakes are for show, not for slowing me down.
    So I just buy the shiniest ones, aka the XTRs.

^^ I know we're all joking here but anyone ever see the BrakeAce? Raced the inventor, Matt Miller, a bit when he lived around here and trained some pretty high level athletes before he moved to NZ.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/brakea...is-system.html

Wonder if EWS and/or DH teams have investigated this? I'm certainly not in need one for my own uses, but talk about marginal gains.

Oh and the best feeling brakes I own are freshly bled 2-piston super shiny XTR race circa 2015 w/ mixed shimano/knock-off pads. Doubt they actually stop faster than my 4 pistons, but lever feel of shimano can be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Water. Lots of time spent in pools, lakes, and swimming holes…and the ocean if you’re a Florida man. As bad as it gets here, it’s noticeably worse the further south you go.
    I was gonna say: The key is to stay within 1/4mi of the beach. Once you get away from the water and the breeze, you're doomed. I have ZEROFUCKINGIDEA how people live in Central Florida.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I was gonna say: The key is to stay within 1/4mi of the beach. Once you get away from the water and the breeze, you're doomed. I have ZEROFUCKINGIDEA how people live in Central Florida.
    There was a period where work required me to spend a fair amount of time in SE Missouri. Summer conditions were usually 95*/95% RH, just completely miserable. Cold as balls in the winter, too.

I prefer the humidity, I actually like sweating out of every pore. Feels good on my old joints also. Older I get the more I like it hot and humid.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I gotta say... while it was *almost* tolerable being right on the beach with a fairly decent breeze, I had to stay in the shade and not move for it to be that way (tolerable). 89F with a heat index of 101F simply sucks.

That kind of weather can lick my nuts.

I carved out today to ride and it's smoky from the fire in Moab area.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.