Page 122 of 238 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 5949
    Same here with the ShimanoScrewsMyKnees shitaqua. Special8

I just gave up my last pair of shimano pedals after my knee surgery. On flats until next year and will be on time (again) next season.

Rant:
    Not sure which is scarier, getting passed by the old lady that hesitates a few times before passing you or the lifted F350 guy who likes to blip the throttle on their way by.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    This took me <15 seconds.

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/time...oaAuFuEALw_wcB

Friends don't let friends ride Crank Brothers pedals.
    I want to find them local.... Like your mom. Also, who the fuck pays $140 for pedals?!!!!
    Last edited by YourMomJustCalled; 06-03-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Also, who the fuck pays $140 for pedals?!!!!
    People who are too cheap to pay $190 for XTR's or $170 for Mallets?

Dammit

This has only happened to me with shimano pedals, so you’re f’d either way.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Flats FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Flats FTW
    Though I agree 100%, I’ve seen that happen on several pairs of of Race Face Atlas pedals and one Deity TMAC.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Meh, its fashionably core to hate on the Cranks. I use them and I like them.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Not a rant, just a weird one for us. My friend's DHF exo was spinning really f'd up the last ride. Initially, we thought the rim was out of true, but it was just the tire. Drained some air and pumped it back up. Still kinda tweaked looking. Last night he hit a little drop and the thing went full whack! So bad it was rubbing the stanchion! We let all the air out of it and in one section the sidewall became all wrinkly. I've never seen that before, but obviously, the sidewall just broke down. Pumped it back up to a lower pressure so it barely rubbed, but wouldn't flat and he was able to ride out. Just odd.

a lot of years ago, I ripped a CB pedal body off the axle going a high rate of speed and almost went head first into a tree...haven't/won't consider CB products since.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Yet another reason why I don't buy anything from CrankBros

when the surgeon says, "smoking weed and riding your bike isn't good you need to stop now I thought you quit?"

me
    "bro I'm so much happier"

Dammit

I maintain you’re lucky to be alive riding those things all these. Case in point #97647. Every pair of Times I’ve bought since 1994 is still functional. I’ll actually GIVE you a pair.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    ’ll actually GIVE you a pair.
    Got 5 pairs hanging around.... and perhaps a spare?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Not a rant, just a weird one for us. My friend's DHF exo was spinning really f'd up the last ride. Initially, we thought the rim was out of true, but it was just the tire. Drained some air and pumped it back up. Still kinda tweaked looking. Last night he hit a little drop and the thing went full whack! So bad it was rubbing the stanchion! We let all the air out of it and in one section the sidewall became all wrinkly. I've never seen that before, but obviously, the sidewall just broke down. Pumped it back up to a lower pressure so it barely rubbed, but wouldn't flat and he was able to ride out. Just odd.
    I had that happen last year or the year before. Tire bubbled. Did on online look and there was talk of a bad batch and numerous others having the problem. It was an old enough tire that I didn't attempt to warranty.

Snapped a tire lever trying to push pistons back in, bc I’d rather go buy new brakes then try bleeding any SRAM garbage.

Besides Crank Brothers which make the absolute worst shit, a bit back in #2 is the SRAM Brake “engineering” who have for years continually made horrible shit over many generations; Juicy, Elixir, Rival/Apex. May go buy Shimano XT instead of bleeding my SRAM guides when it comes time.

Also WTF do we have flat mounts? Another horrible idea, didn’t we sort this disc brake shit out on mountain bikes over the last 20 years!?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Snapped a tire lever trying to push pistons back in, bc I’d rather go buy new brakes then try bleeding any SRAM garbage.

Besides Crank Brothers which make the absolute worst shit, a bit back in #2 is the SRAM Brake “engineering” who have for years continually made horrible shit over many generations; Juicy, Elixir, Rival/Apex. May go buy Shimano XT instead of bleeding my SRAM guides when it comes time.

Also WTF do we have flat mounts? Another horrible idea, didn’t we sort this disc brake shit out on mountain bikes over the last 20 years!?!!

Coming from years of having XTs for a couple years I had Code RSCs and they were ridiculously easy to bleed with the push connect fittings. Easier I thought than Shimano XT and they held a bleed for 2 years and almost 2,000 miles of riding.

I have XTs again and prefer them but SRAM is no longer hard to bleed

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

You’re not helping me fuel my years of not-so-much pent up annoyance and assumptions they didn’t get it right... though guess it’s good to know they may have to get their act together. Historically I hated the tap process to get all the bubbles out, compared to a gravity bleed or at most just syringe push/pull for Shimano.

Still stand by my road brake suck arguments

Last edited by VTskibum; 06-04-2021 at 05:46 PM.

All I can say is FUCK straight pull spokes, right in the fucking eye.
    Having to use duck bill pliers to build a wheel is bullshit.
    What should have been a 1/2 hour rim swap was like an hour, what with the stupid things spinning all around.
    Jbend FTMFW.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    All I can say is FUCK straight pull spokes, right in the fucking eye.
    Having to use duck bill pliers to build a wheel is bullshit.
    What should have been a 1/2 hour rim swap was like an hour, what with the stupid things spinning all around.
    Jbend FTMFW.
    One word... Bladed Spokes

Well, I was just swapping a rim, so no new spokes.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Well, I was just swapping a rim, so no new spokes.
    Tape the new rim next to the old one, loosen all the spokes. Then swap spokes on the side closest to the new rim one at a time. then the other side, done.
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    Tape the new rim next to the old one, loosen all the spokes. Then swap spokes on the side closest to the new rim one at a time. then the other side, done.
    This Is The Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    I mean, yeah, that's how you swap a rim. But it doesn't solve the straight pull spinning issue.

Best I can offer for that particular issue is to mount a couple really loose tires on the rim before you do the swap. Then, when they inevitably blow off the rim and spray sealant everywhere, some of that sealant will get on the hub / spoke interface and gum up the spokes enough to keep them from spinning.

After quiting most other social media I may have to quit Strava. Every fucking day these Enduro "dads" get out and ride trails that they drive almost an hour to. How the fuck do these front range dudes have 4 hours to kill every day to mountain bike? The teachers in summer I get. The stay at home dads who do this all year plus a few weeks in Utah or Whistler I wanna be adopted by. These same guys get their brake pads replaced at the bike shop. The $$$ they drop!