Page 117 of 125 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3114
  1. #2901
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    16,314
    Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Nice.
    Must have been 30 different campsites set up. Ran into some other Sprinterites who spent the night and they said sunset & sunrise was awesome to spectacular. That place really did turn out pretty good.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  2. #2902
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    west tetons
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Must have been 30 different campsites set up. Ran into some other Sprinterites who spent the night and they said sunset & sunrise was awesome to spectacular. That place really did turn out pretty good.
    Ya we had a fabulous 21.5 mile day out there a couple of weeks ago. Great job team SWMMBA! On another note, @Bunion 2020 , let's ride this year!

    Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

  3. #2903
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montrose, CO
    Posts
    3,244
    Motherfucking dropper post on my 6 month old Trance quit working today. Gonna clean it up and look at the cable tomorrow but not feeling optimistic. Wouldn't be that mad but riding out of town including a race the next two weekends. Fuck.

    On the bright side, I have another bike with the same seatpost diameter that needs a dropper. Wonder if I can even find one within a reasonable drive of here though?

  4. #2904
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    3,305
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Motherfucking dropper post on my 6 month old Trance quit working today. Gonna clean it up and look at the cable tomorrow but not feeling optimistic. Wouldn't be that mad but riding out of town including a race the next two weekends. Fuck.

    On the bright side, I have another bike with the same seatpost diameter that needs a dropper. Wonder if I can even find one within a reasonable drive of here though?
    You may have already done this but check the air cartridge pressure. I have to top mine off about every 6 months.

  5. #2905
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montrose, CO
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    You may have already done this but check the air cartridge pressure. I have to top mine off about every 6 months.
    The Giant post is a sealed cartridge that can't be adjusted. A little research tells me they are prone to sticking and failure. Gonna mess with it this morning when I can take a break from work and go from there.

  6. #2906
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    1,496
    Order the replacement cartridge. Then you aren’t in the middle of nowhere with a collapse. That is the worst!

  7. #2907
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montrose, CO
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Order the replacement cartridge. Then you arenít in the middle of nowhere with a collapse. That is the worst!
    Cartridge swap looks way simpler than I thought it would be. Waiting to hear back from a shop now to see if they have/can get one.

  8. #2908
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    827
    Every time I buy a new bike and love it someone posts online about how much they hated it and sold it and it is a really bad design and then I have to sell it and find a new bike that someone online really likes. It is getting really exhausting. What is the bike that everyone on the internet likes but will never hate so I can finally be happy?

  9. #2909
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    14,614
    Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    Every time I buy a new bike and love it someone posts online about how much they hated it and sold it and it is a really bad design and then I have to sell it and find a new bike that someone online really likes. It is getting really exhausting. What is the bike that everyone on the internet likes but will never hate so I can finally be happy?
    I'm pretty sure if you drew a Venn diagram for your question with Pinkbike commenters and MTBR posters, there would be absolutely no overlap. Therefore the answer to your question is "null", or "empty set".

  10. #2910
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    1,496
    I’d go direct to the manufacture as well. Yes the cartridges are easy if you are semi competent mechanic. I’ve done a few and haven’t managed to screw it up yet.

  11. #2911
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    30,215
    Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    Every time I buy a new bike and love it someone posts online about how much they hated it and sold it and it is a really bad design and then I have to sell it and find a new bike that someone online really likes. It is getting really exhausting. What is the bike that everyone on the internet likes but will never hate so I can finally be happy?
    Get the red one.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  12. #2912
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Treading Water
    Posts
    5,426
    Finned brake pads. Just loving that rattling sound, that has me constantly wondering if somethings about to fall off the bike.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

  13. #2913
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Mid-tomahawk
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Finned brake pads. Just loving that rattling sound, that has me constantly wondering if somethings about to fall off the bike.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Little strip of mastic tape along the top edge of the caliper, underneath the bottom of the fin works really well.

  14. #2914
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    1,496
    When I am descending, do I need to stop for an E bike on the up? When does an E bike become a motorcycle. Some of them seem to have 4' tires and bigger suspension than most of my motorcycles from the early 80's.

    Not really a rant, but a question.

  15. #2915
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    When I am descending, do I need to stop for an E bike on the up? When does an E bike become a motorcycle. Some of them seem to have 4' tires and bigger suspension than most of my motorcycles from the early 80's.

    Not really a rant, but a question.
    Yep - DH rider yields to the UH rider. Unless they aren't supposed to be there - then run em over.

  16. #2916
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Treading Water
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    When I am descending, do I need to stop for an E bike on the up? I hate ebikes.

    Not really a rant, but just wanted to let you know where I stand on this issue.
    Edited to clarify your point.

    FWIW, when Iím climbing on an ebike, itís super easy to pull over for another trail user. Starting up again isnít hard, so I can focus on being considerate and friendly. Not being a dick is at the top of my list of trail etiquette rules.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

  17. #2917
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    30,215
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yep - DH rider yields to the UH rider. Unless they aren't supposed to be there - then run em over.
    The ‘rules’ need to be revisited.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  18. #2918
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,533
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The Ďrulesí need to be revisited.
    Revist them at the bike park. For multi use trails the rules are appropriate. Yield to uphill.

  19. #2919
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    30,215
    I dunno, not if they are on an ebike. Needs to be reviewed.
    Maybe a sign suggesting that e-bikes yield to all other non motorized users?
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  20. #2920
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,533
    Yeah? So ebikers need to carry a sign or have a flag so we can tell they are on an ebike when we are coming downhill?

  21. #2921
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,592
    Really, it should be that whoever its easy for should pull over. If its easy for both riders, then you can wave each other on how you like. People who follow the letter of the law even when it doesnt make much sense, but just to make a point, suck.

    Yes, i always yield to uphill riders and other trail users, but if i am on a long grinding climb that is a fun fast downhill also, you bet your sweet ass im pulling off and cheering on the descending rider. IDK, i get a little enjoyment out of making someone else's day better, even if its as small as giving up the ROW priority so another rider can keep their flow/momentum going. It takes less time than stopping on climbs to scrap drains clean with my front wheel after a storm and i dont think that ruins my ride....

  22. #2922
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,533
    ...it isn't all about the downhill...

  23. #2923
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Revist them at the bike park. For multi use trails the rules are appropriate. Yield to uphill.
    I disagree. Iím happy to pull over when climbing to let someone enjoy the the down. You work hard on the up to earn that downhill reward, donít ruin it.

    Especially true if the trail is obviously meant to be ridden in one direction and you chose to climb up the downhill - fuck those guys (and gals)

  24. #2924
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    7,166
    I mean, there's nothing WRONG with yielding to the DH rider. I do it. But I don't ASSUME when I'm going DH that every one is going to do it for me, since it's MY responsibility as the DH rider to yield.

    I do appreciate it, though, when people yield for me on the DH.

  25. #2925
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,533
    SS gets it

    Assume hikers/bikers/horses are climbing up your fun trail if it is multi use and multi directional. You don't get a free pass to bomb the DH unless the uphiller says so, even then the next uphiller may not grant it.

    I swear I learned more about trail etiquette from riding motos because full speed on singletrack will either kill you or kill someone else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •