Page 116 of 247 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 6153
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    They might be drowning in work currently, but contractors as a whole are the most irresponsible, disrespectful “professionals” on earth. Way worse than delivery drivers. Almost every one I’ve ever dealt with, even those I knew personally, have had some fatal flaw when it comes to anything related to accountability or responsibility. Most of them just don’t give a fuck, or have no concept of what it takes to run a legit business.
    The contractors that are responsible etc become general contractors and start businesses. They hire the contractors that are semi responsible and deal with them for you. Independent contractors tend to not always have it together (or out having fun instead of tiling your bathroom). So the job might take longer as they juggle jobs, they might not call you back because they don't have a admin person and they are tiling or whatever. But it should cost you less if you can deal with it.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I think we need to gently steer our outrage back towards bike problems in this thread...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ok, so I have a 2007 Jamis DS bike for sale, everything works (fork needs an overhaul). . Guy posted on FB that he was looking for such a thing, great! I told him $450, seems fair...he asked me to hold it for two months while he saves up some money.
    Umm...

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ok, so I have a 2007 Jamis DS bike for sale, everything works (fork needs an overhaul). . Guy posted on FB that he was looking for such a thing, great! I told him $450, seems fair...he asked me to hold it for two months while he saves up some money.
    Umm...
    You're going to be the biggest jerk in 2 months..... when he calls and is like, I have ~90% of the cash, I've worked really hard and deserve that bike... and it's gone.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I could do that...but there will be a $5.00 a day storage fee.

Sorry cant hold back

Yeah contractor s suck I know I give blow jobs daily it's a thankless shitty job with no appreciation

I actually pretend to care smile and remember what you said most of the time I just smile pretty stoned sure it's an easy job you could do it you writ computer shit manage money maybe your a smart lawyer even run your own business maybe a CEO or you invented some stupid thing that people buy

My job is easy just a few phone calls and point your finger and it's done fuck I barely got out of high school took every class almost twice in summer school

Every day I wake up I have to be a best friend a banker a social worker a referee a quick problem solver

I got grown men who whine to me (these are the customers) whine I kid you not the guys who work for me are the biggest bitches on earth tough guy construction workers are huge cunts I've seen the most frightening racist tirades between white people black people and brown people I've seen guys get cold cocked at work

I get phone calls at 7 PM on a Saturday cause the customer was thinking about something or had an idea or th hey want to bitch about something i never get a call from a customer at 7pm on a Saturday nite raving about the bench in there shower and the niche and how they want to put th he grab bars in asap cause banging the shit out of his wife in there 40 sq ft shower was money

The fuckex up thing is I have 4 carbon full suspension bikes laying around and I'm too lazy to sell one or two it's easy to buy em ride em hard and put em away wet

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Umm...
    Take it in installments like the old old days!

I offered!

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Rant: little kids decked out in matching roadie spandex and Oakley glasses for the kids ride.
    Kids should ride. But kids should be kids.
    What's even worse is when the kid isn't fast.
    ugh, I feel that too here in the Sea to Sky, but it's enduro racing programs, it's the new hockey/soccer jocks and the attitudes are about the same....yes it's super important to teach kids how to be selfish aggressive riders everywhere and on everything

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I asked what a spare battery costs, $ 100.00. I had to point out that a shifter cable is about 5 bucks and never needs charging.

Hilarity ensued.
    Sounds like your buddy may have been had. Replacement AXS batteries are $45-$55 basically everywhere.

Slightly annoyed. I've had a few of these and never had an issue with the factory installed bolts. Apparently they don't use loctite.

Destroyed my rear rim over the weekend then started to tear it down to send back for a warranty. I pulled the cassette off and then noticed the freehub was cracked. What are the chances of getting a new rim and a new MicroSpline freehub in reasonable amount of time? Probably fucking zero.

Back on the hardtail for.......well.......who knows?

Holy crap, I am impressed with the post office.
    I mailed some XT cranks yesterday.
    At 4:00 PM.
    estimated delivery was May 17th.
    it arrived to Bluffdale, Utah, today at 11:00 AM.
    amazing.

On a recent ride I counted 60 (!) fresh drainage ditches dug in one mile of trail. Not one of them was located or constructed so as to do anything beyond provide fresh soil for weeds, and the two drainage/erosion issues in that draw were unaddressed.

I know and like the people doing it, but after over 10 years of trying to change their approach I’m getting worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    On a recent ride I counted 60 (!) fresh drainage ditches dug in one mile of trail. Not one of them was located or constructed so as to do anything beyond provide fresh soil for weeds, and the two drainage/erosion issues in that draw were unaddressed.

I know and like the people doing it, but after over 10 years of trying to change their approach I’m getting worn out.
    I don't know if they still do it, but Bike Dr. in Missoula used to do "checkpoint" rides where everyone walked up Curry Gulch in the Rattlesnake with beer in hand. Drink at every unnecessary water bar (every 50 feet or so). Drink another beer at the top, then ride down. Was pretty fun until a buddy got a little to aggressive with both the drinking and riding and broke his collar bone on the descent.

I'm positive the Forest Service hated that event, but it was probably a good way to highlight how dumb the water bars were.

Years ago they did a bunch of these up Bovine in Horseshoe canyon.
    A few ‘Random People’ may have gone up and cut the water bars down 1/2 size (or really made them better launchers), to absolutely no ill effect in the long term.
    Or it could have just been some ‘overnight erosion’.

"Buddy" of mine goes out and buys a $5k $pecial-ed Aethos RB and wants to show it off so we meet up and he's all it's got tubeless this blah blah this and blah blah that. Im like keewl, lets go then. Four hours in he gets a rear flat, he has patches and MTB levers...no pump, no CO2, no plugs, AND only has experience with QR not TA... I'm like "Dewd!? You're leaning hard." I give him my only tube and proper levers after I show him how to take the axle out and he then pumps it up to about 30 psi and calls that good...
    "DUDE!! WTF!? Keep pumping...JFC this isn't a fucking MTB tire"
    Spends the next 10 minutes bitching about my pump....
    Finally gets it up to pressure, then we hop back on the road and it's stuck in one gear and won't shift.
    "You gotta charge that shit."

I had someone come through one of my trails and dig some drains where they are completely unnecessary. They also built up dirt ramps onto some rocks where it was also completely unnecessary. Now that we likely won't receive any more rain this year I can probably go out and remove them with minimal chance of them reappearing.

More gates, signs and chicanes now that we have a pilot program going on in the Boise foothills. All the new signs on a popular trail that I live near informing users of the one way "experiment" are annoying as fuck and definitely take away some of the naturalness of said trail. I just hope that no one crashes into the new signs, chicanes and other log fences that have been constructed to keep people on a very obvious trail. Alas, people are illiterate and will just walk side by side anyways...assholes.

Ordered a new bar for OneUp...
    ...3 weeks ago...
    ... and I'm pretty sure Canada Post lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Ordered a new bar for OneUp...
    ...3 weeks ago...
    ... and I'm pretty sure Canada Post lost it.
    Sure

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA

Rave not a rant.

Went out to the local trails system this am. Got there at about 10. Place was already busy, lots of families and some ripping little guys and gals < 10 who were having a blast.

Ran into some folks I hadn't seen since the Covid hit and that set the tone. Eventually lost track of all the folks I was able to stop and chat with. Beautiful day, light winds, excellent trail conditions and the stoke meter was pegged. Last guy ran into was with his 10 year old and another guy with his 11 year old, they were sessioning a rock problem and eventually the demand was made, Dad!!! take some footy of us.

Dad had to borrow kiddos phone to get the shots.

It was a good day.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Brown pow brought out the Enduro idiots who want to Strava race on public trials.

Weirdo hikers who insist that multi use trails are hiker only.

Ebikers out on trails that are not open to them.

All are equally bad for the future of mountain biking.

^^^ Sorry to hear that. Still being a 3/4 full kinda guy.

And another thing. I started mtn biking in 1985 and there were very few women who rode, today there were tons of beautiful, fit women riding in pairs, solo or with a guy.

Good stuff!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Rave not a rant.

Went out to the local trails system this am. Got there at about 10. Place was already busy, lots of families and some ripping little guys and gals < 10 who were having a blast.

Ran into some folks I hadn't seen since the Covid hit and that set the tone. Eventually lost track of all the folks I was able to stop and chat with. Beautiful day, light winds, excellent trail conditions and the stoke meter was pegged. Last guy ran into was with his 10 year old and another guy with his 11 year old, they were sessioning a rock problem and eventually the demand was made, Dad!!! take some footy of us.

Dad had to borrow kiddos phone to get the shots.

It was a good day.
    Nice.