Page 160 of 183 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4557
    ^^^ great news! strange they don't plan to open for the holiday monday though

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    Actually I realized that it was the long weekend, I just knew that they were opening that extra weekend, so maybe they'll be open on that Monday also. Anyway, going to see Adrian Belew at Club Soda on Saturday night, so I'll be driving thru MSS this weekend so a few turns (my pass is good at MSS).
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Checking in from K-Mart today. Still fat, soft, and delicious.

Oh shit, that looks really good. The bumps got mashed down by Mother Nature. Noice.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Hope it's still there when I'm back home next sun

Friday for me. Let's party!

next Friday, the 19th, at K

who's in?

Quote Originally Posted by bbergey View Post
    Hope it's still there when I'm back home next sun
    It's still stacked up 20-25 feet in spots from the looks of it. I think it'll go for a few more weeks. June definitely seems like a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    It's still stacked up 20-25 feet in spots from the looks of it. I think it'll go for a few more weeks. June definitely seems like a possibility.
    Saawwweeet

Well the wife, kid and I are taking the plunge and moving to the good ol' Green Mountain state for good. I just accepted a teaching job in Barre, handed in my letter of resignation, paid the final rent check and now it's time to get the fuck outta Boston for good. This summer is going to be interesting.

Not to derail the thread too much but any suggestions for a town to buy in within 30 min of Barre would be great. We're fairly familiar with the area but we'd like to end up somewhere where we can still get to restaurants, grocery store, pub, etc pretty easily. We glanced at few good places in Waterbury, Northfield and Montpelier but local advice is always welcome.

Close proximity to bike trails and skiing is a given.

Middlesex, middle of what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Not to derail the thread too much but any suggestions for a town to buy in within 30 min of Barre would be great. We're fairly familiar with the area but we'd like to end up somewhere where we can still get to restaurants, grocery store, pub, etc pretty easily. We glanced at few good places in Waterbury, Northfield and Montpelier but local advice is always welcome.

I would think that with a kid school districts would be the primary driver of where to live. There is a lot of consolidation happening across the state so be sure to double check that the district you are moving to wont be changing as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I would think that with a kid school districts would be the primary driver of where to live. There is a lot of consolidation happening across the state so be sure to double check that the district you are moving to wont be changing as a result.
    Absolutely, schools in Montpelier seem like the one of the better school systems in the area.

I spoke to the superintendent of Barre schools yesterday and he mentioned the same thing about consolidation of school districts. Our little guy is only a year and a half so we'll have to keep an eye on any redistricting.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Absolutely, schools in Montpelier seem like the one of the better school systems in the area.

I spoke to the superintendent of Barre schools yesterday and he mentioned the same thing about consolidation of school districts. Our little guy is only a year and a half so we'll have to keep an eye on any redistricting.
    I know someone who is a real estate agent in that area. solid dude that helped a former coworker of mine get a house. Happy to give you his contact info if you'd like. He's got that area dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    You are correct. They will be reopening Sat-Sun-Mon, so May 22 is the new target. I've updated my blog.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Echoing what others have said, adding Moretown as a place to look. I commute from Waterbury to Berlin and you'll find it is a dream to not deal with whatever level of traffic you are used to. Are you looking to buy right away or start off in a rental?

This is rich, some refund.

resort-magnates
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    This is rich, some refund.

resort-magnates
    yeah, wtf?

Nice Hank! The green state lowers blood pressure.

No Kmart stoke? What gives? I busted ass in Plymouth/Tyson, all day. All I could think about was how good the skiing was, as I was driving the shovel and rake.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Well the wife, kid and I are taking the plunge and moving to the good ol' Green Mountain state for good. I just accepted a teaching job in Barre, handed in my letter of resignation, paid the final rent check and now it's time to get the fuck outta Boston for good. This summer is going to be interesting.

personally, I'd live near or where I work, that's kind of the charm of the area (otherwise you're just another outsider working to play and living away).

Barre Town, E. Montpelier, are better districts than Barre and Northfield (montpelier is in the works of having Roxbury join the school district which speak volumes about Northfield). Middlesex is nice if you either live near Rumney school or 100B, otherwise you're driving mud roads every which way and not really near anything, ymmv.

You really can't go wrong in the area, even Graniteville has its charms and assuming you are invested in helping your child learn all the schools are adequate to great. With a small child Montpelier and E. Montpelier have wonderful childcare facilities, check out North Branch Nature Centr and All Togethr Now for hippy dippy kid care.

Skiing wise, the closer to any of the 5 exits south of Waterbury the better.

Biking distance from work. Preferably on dirt. Life will be better. You will be better. The world will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    personally, I'd live near or where I work, that's kind of the charm of the area (otherwise you're just another outsider working to play and living away).

Barre Town, E. Montpelier, are better districts than Barre and Northfield (montpelier is in the works of having Roxbury join the school district which speak volumes about Northfield). Middlesex is nice if you either live near Rumney school or 100B, otherwise you're driving mud roads every which way and not really near anything, ymmv.

You really can't go wrong in the area, even Graniteville has its charms and assuming you are invested in helping your child learn all the schools are adequate to great. With a small child Montpelier and E. Montpelier have wonderful childcare facilities, check out North Branch Nature Centr and All Togethr Now for hippy dippy kid care.

Skiing wise, the closer to any of the 5 exits south of Waterbury the better.

Glorious day on Superstar. Probably the best bumps on SS this season so far.

Bucket was feeling the groove today.

Blisscam

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Glorious day on Superstar. Probably the best bumps on SS this season so far.

Bucket was feeling the groove today.

Blisscam
    Damn dude, you're an animal!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    No Kmart stoke? What gives? I busted ass in Plymouth/Tyson, all day. All I could think about was how good the skiing was, as I was driving the shovel and rake.
    You working on the 100a project?!

Looks like winter weather

24-Hour Data
    Precip Snow High Low Gust
    1.01 in 8.9 in 33.1° F 24.4° F 48 mph
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime