Page 118 of 183 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4557
    7` w/ light breeze bob 0` summit under clear skies. If I closed my eyes yesterday [other than being warm] it sounded like be at HoJos hunkered down as the wind blasted all day. Cats went crazy last night tilling the trails, saw 4 on Birdland from my bed. If it stays calm and sunny I might explore a bit. Only Jester open off the summit, I guess they want to avoid long sliding falls on the ungroomed Ripcord.

Tomorrows Castlerock Extreme should be interesting on an ungroomed icy Paradise, Saturday; A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 8am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -6. Wind chill values as low as -41. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 26 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Vibes.........

Some good skiing this week as I passed the million vert threshold, not likely to make 2 but having a good time nevertheless.

Certainly brown to the west

Wondering if Wednesdays run down Lower Birdland was my last of the year, this must be comparable to the Riv.

Scratchy OG was no problem for sharp edges. Skiing 88 UF in hard bumps has kept my feet happier. I think it's because my outside forefoot doesn't get jammed into the shell as much.

Monday Morning looks good.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

We skied SB on Tuesday. There was plenty of soft, quality snow to be found, but when you ski with a 9 year old, it is also important to sample offerings such as:

Lew's line

Paradise

And a nice, firm Spillsville to close out the day

There were some nice bumps off of north lynx, but damn that chair is slow...!

Sad trombone.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

Sad trombone.
    And here I thought air traffic was banned from the area immediately surrounding the Mighty, Mighty. Color me surprised.

East Coast Roll Call 10 [ten] SKI or SKI NOT, There Is No Try

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Posting for Kokomas and Goniff who wanted me to go with them to Wyoming this week...I hate myself. Photos by Goniff who makes us look good. Hard to believe these are cellphone pics.
    Kokomas at JHMR
    Attachment 201339

Dentist Dave ripping at Grand Targhee
    Attachment 201340

Another of Kokomas, again at JHMR
    Attachment 201341
    JHMR delivered the goods last week. I didn't take many pics - too busy skiing pow. I snapped this one about to drop into Rock Springs Bowl.

Sad trombone.
    Aside from the snow situation...cool pic of The FACE!

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    JHMR delivered the goods last week. I didn't take many pics - too busy skiing pow. I snapped this one about to drop into Rock Springs Bowl.
    Awesome!
    Glad you guys had fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by ADKmike View Post
    Aside from the snow situation...cool pic of The FACE!
    No, it's the Mighty Snow Bowl, the ski area with the highest vertical drop East of the Continental Divide. Nice try, though.

Guess I'm not in tune to some insider info here....maybe someone can explain the mighty snowbowl to me...

Quote Originally Posted by ADKmike View Post
    Guess I'm not in tune to some insider info here....maybe someone can explain the mighty snowbowl to me...
    It's a closely held secret. We could tell you but then we would have to ... well ... you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    It's a closely held secret. We could tell you but then we would have to ... well ... you know.
    Been skiing there for 27 years and haven't found out yet...I think it's time...

And that's only 1 side, the backside is huge!

Sunshine and Ski and Ride with the Point milf potential drew me in for a couple of hours. Split when after the clouds started to dominate.

Shit was firm on Parachute

Nice untracked bumpline

Those are Wednesdays tracks ^^^

Looks like patrol had some good pow turns on Ripcord

I went across HG Traverse it rattled my feet and knees in a painful way. "Snow" is so hard you can barely chip a bit off with a kick. I wouldn't hike anywhere without full crampons.
    Groomed wasn't terrible with razor sharp edges, early skiers had pushed the sand to the edge and that made for nice turning. Way too many tailgunning skidders going way too fast for their skill set. Easy to wait until jongs had moved on and ski empty trail. Unfortunately this weekend will keep EMS busy.
    Thankfully the bush finally postponed the Castlerock Extreme comp.

Bummed to have missed the Stainless release last week after drinking my last two cans. Stoked to see these locally today.

www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Moved my car for the first time in a week, the sound the tires made when they popped the ice glueing it in place was pretty memorable.

Thanks for the comments about the pic, I was stoked to wake up over the high peaks this morning. But yea, the snow is gone. Also pretty cool that whiteface is big enough to sustain 3 ski areas. Is that more than bachelor and big mountain, Montana?

Noticed Platty had the guns on today, hoping for an assist from Mother Nature too. Looks like there's still a bunch of snow up north, probably not the best quality within a couple hours of montreal, but if anyone wants to take a look.....

April 5 2016. Bellayrre

1` bob -8` summit, breezy with a new inch of snow. I think the tailgunners will keep patrol busy today.

savemeasammy, if you think North Lynx is slow you should have been here when that lift was Sugar Bravo.

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

High winds blew last nights 3" refresher to god knows where. I'm heading to big Bromley for the tele festival in a few but don't expect to lead the woods clinic like years past. Maybe Greg will have me run an edge sharpening class downstairs.

Good luck getting in that warm basement ^^^.. We got a 1/2-1" Thursday and I watched out the window as these giant vortexes sucked it up to a height of 4-500' and dispersed it. Winds picked up here and down to -2` now.

Looks grim at the Glen, 3 pair of skis and a bike? Is Damien there?

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Looks like it is time to start buying tickets west... or far north.

Heading to Utah on Friday. Anyone else going out?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Sad trombone.
    Looks very Icy
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Also pretty cool that whiteface is big enough to sustain 3 ski areas. Is that more than bachelor and big mountain, Montana?.....
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Heading to Utah on Friday. Anyone else going out?
    Enjoy winter!

Some dope politician wants to drop the 3.2abv to .5 beer in mo mo land. Utah is one of the greatest outdoor recreation areas in the country with the most fucked up politics of any state.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Enjoy winter!

Some dope politician wants to drop the 3.2abv to .5 beer in mo mo land. Utah is one of the greatest outdoor recreation areas in the country with the most fucked up politics of any state.
    LDS = LSD

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Huh?
    Middlebury college snowbowl, WF, and the other secret one.