Page 155 of 183 FirstFirst ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4565
  1. #3851
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,854

    East Coast Roll Call 10 [ten] SKI or SKI NOT, There Is No Try

    What a day! Did it rain? Yep.
    Did it snow? yep.
    Was the snow good, nope. It was fantastic.
    Max Creek rules, great to see a bunch of maggots stuck around and got the fuck down!
    Scarlet Begonias encore was choice!
    crab in my shoe mouth

  2. #3852
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    3,444
    As penance for runnin' from the rain, I and wifey are doing the Killington Triathlon on Saturday. See y'all out there at the Superstar glacier.

  3. #3853
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,949
    Seems like you all had fun at K yesterday. I had work related shit I couldn't escape and had to miss out. Headed out soon to meet Surface Whore for some K skiing soon.

    37` 0 mph wind and clear blue skies bob.

    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  4. #3854
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    705
    ^^I'm at K today. Should be a great day. Creek rocked. Last day of the gondi.

  5. #3855
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    What a day! Did it rain? Yep.
    Did it snow? yep.
    Was the snow good, nope. It was fantastic.
    Max Creek rules, great to see a bunch of maggots stuck around and got the fuck down!
    Scarlet Begonias encore was choice!
    Great to finally meet buttah and biggins in person yesterday. Can't make it today but I'll be at Killington next w/e unless the weather is really good up on MTW.

    Mac Creek was awesome...thought for sure that Scarlet Begonias was going to transition into I Know You Rider. Great band!

  6. #3856
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    3,385


    It ain't over until we say it's over!

  7. #3857
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,168
    Where is that?

    Anyone know what's up with Monroe Brook at the Rockpile? Still possible to get across (to the left bank, looking down) down low, or is that long since rotted out? Looked at timefortuckerman but didn't see anything about that particular part of the hill.
    [quote][//quote]

  8. #3858
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in the barrel again
    Posts
    1,721
    Another early rollout but the main Pinkham lot was already full. Fortunately it was just a short extra walk. 8AM on the uptrack.

    Gulf of Slides Ski Trail (GOSST) was up to it usual late season tricks with stream wading first on the agenda. The Alt Up was 98% good and 2% exposed leaves, moss, dirt and rocks. Some discontinuites above alt, but many between either end of the Alt.

    Made it to 4960 in #1.


    Blue sky and such conditions in Gully #1, stupendous day. The new snow was a tad sticky but a deep edge solved that.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

  9. #3859
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Granite State
    Posts
    3,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Where is that?

    Anyone know what's up with Monroe Brook at the Rockpile? Still possible to get across (to the left bank, looking down) down low, or is that long since rotted out? Looked at timefortuckerman but didn't see anything about that particular part of the hill.
    PM Rog, Connecticut douche.

  10. #3860
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    2,966
    Such butter there rob, nice.

  11. #3861
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,168
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    PM Rog, Connecticut douche.
    Rog is from CT?? I thought he was banned.
    [quote][//quote]

  12. #3862
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Amherst, Mass.
    Posts
    4,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Where is that?

    Anyone know what's up with Monroe Brook at the Rockpile? Still possible to get across (to the left bank, looking down) down low, or is that long since rotted out? Looked at timefortuckerman but didn't see anything about that particular part of the hill.
    Only a single short portage up high yesterday afternoon from Lakes hut all the way through Monroe Brook and then ART to the Cog upper parking lot.

  13. #3863
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in the barrel again
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Only a single short portage up high yesterday afternoon from Lakes hut all the way through Monroe Brook and then ART to the Cog upper parking lot.
    How's the AG looking? Thinking Saturday will be my last chance to get to the Rockpile before Memorial Day Slackfest.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

  14. #3864
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Only a single short portage up high yesterday afternoon from Lakes hut all the way through Monroe Brook and then ART to the Cog upper parking lot.
    Yeah, I'm late this year (thanks, Alaska! Totally worth it...). I assume it's mostly/all hiking on the ART (you can't ski down it)?
    [quote][//quote]

  15. #3865
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Only a single short portage up high yesterday afternoon from Lakes hut all the way through Monroe Brook and then ART to the Cog upper parking lot.
    JS, did you notice the condition of the snowbridge between the AR proper and the ART down low. Anyone have beta on the ravine itself this weekend?

  16. #3866
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    on the rivah, VT
    Posts
    2,021
    Stein's was choice yesterday afternoon.
    go Go GO!

    18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

  17. #3867
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in the barrel again
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by yardsale2 View Post
    JS, did you notice the condition of the snowbridge between the AR proper and the ART down low. Anyone have beta on the ravine itself this weekend?
    Ten days ago(Sat 15th) the lower AR involved open water crossings, as seen from the ART.

    Ben H. went down AR Central and had to bushwhack around open water partway down. Then, after skiing below there, he went up in AR South without crossing any water.

    Remember, that was two Saturdays back. By now there's bound to be open water at the bottom of Central, probably South too.

    If you go, take some rope and a couple of stout-hearted partners.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

  18. #3868
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    Stein's was choice yesterday afternoon.
    Who are you trying to kid ya fucking beater? You couldn't make your way down Stein's if your life depended upon it.

  19. #3869
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    272
    Back to Killington. This is probably not the right ski for today but I just got them and wanted to try! Anyone else in Killington this afternoon?


  20. #3870
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    272
    Back to tucks - any of you guys tent or camp in shelter up on the mountain this time of year? Thinking of doing a one nighter soon

  21. #3871
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Ten days ago(Sat 15th) the lower AR involved open water crossings, as seen from the ART.

    Ben H. went down AR Central and had to bushwhack around open water partway down. Then, after skiing below there, he went up in AR South without crossing any water.

    Remember, that was two Saturdays back. By now there's bound to be open water at the bottom of Central, probably South too.

    If you go, take some rope and a couple of stout-hearted partners.
    Sounds a little too exciting for me. Will try to convince my partners to head to the east side. Thanks for the beta.

  22. #3872
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by bbergey View Post
    Back to Killington. This is probably not the right ski for today but I just got them and wanted to try! Anyone else in Killington this afternoon?

    It's a tad heavy but you will rock with that ski.

  23. #3873
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    209
    Yup done it before. I usually sleep like crap. Fun time though. Almost easier I think to stay at Joe Dodge Lodge, maybe. They still have the great breakfast in the morning at Pinkham Notch?

  24. #3874
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by bbergey View Post
    Back to Killington. This is probably not the right ski for today but I just got them and wanted to try! Anyone else in Killington this afternoon?

    Was there for a few hours this AM. Skiing was "interesting." Lots of people on that damn Hill!!!

  25. #3875
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in the barrel again
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by yardsale2 View Post
    Sounds a little too exciting for me. Will try to convince my partners to head to the east side. Thanks for the beta.
    Assuming no really hot days and plenty of cloud cover, let me recommend starting up on the Westside to nab a Great Gulf classic and the East Snowfields. Less of a zoo and more of a wilderness. If you do go Eastside there will be extended walking on the way out. Believe it or not the second brook crossing on tthe GOSST had a snow bridge I used going in and coming out. It will be gone by now. The lowest crossing was already a matter of wading.

    If you go to GOS and know the alt, use it; only a little open dirt and such. The main line has more than usual open spots between the lower and upper junctions of the alt.

    If you get to Pinkham by 7AM you should be good with the main parking lot. Getting there by 7:35 on Sunday put me in the little lot just South of the Cutler River, a short walk from the JSMST/GOSST trailhead.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •