Page 9 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Snowing here in the NEK.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Anyone going to Boston Tight Loose tonight?
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Anyone going to Boston Tight Loose tonight?
    I'm on the fence about going. I sent out PM's to a lot of the Boston regulars but didn't get much of a response.

Not going. Not going to expo either. Used to go to those but aside from seeing a few friends, the flics and the expo...not so interesting.

I usually make my efforts directly in the terrain....or into preparing to make those efforts.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Stowe has been flexing over the last 24 hours. I drove by yesterday and the base area and bottom of North Slope were completely bare, today there was full coverage top to bottom. Took out the new-to-me Kendos from neufox47 and had a blast. With a little warmup and some sun tomorrow should be even better.

Anyone care to comment? Hoping to get this squared away without starting any new threads.

Momma has decided that the whole family is to go skiing the week between Christmas and New Years. New England is the destination, NY to ME. Destinations in Canada would also be considered, but should be no farther than about Quebec City. The chief requirement is to keep her appeased with groomed, intermediate runs with more than a single fall line. Something resembling a park and steep bumps/off piste that can be lapped in a single chair lift ride would be appreciated.

My first thought was somewhere in upstate NH or ME, hopefully to avoid the bulk of the city crowds. I know only that it will be fukt, am looking for advice for where will be less fukt.

Yikes. Tough time to go, expect nothing but a WROD and be happy if it's better.

Le Massif and St. Anne might be your best options for snow. Long drive bit the low CAD might take the sting out of it.

Massif is a magical place.

@ghosthop - the Peruvian family will be in QC and Mte Ste Anne post Xmas. QC apparently puts on a serious NYE party and it's the sesquicentennial of Canada, to boot. Ski all day and party in the streets at night.

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    Stowe has been flexing over the last 24 hours.
    I know there's a lot of hate for K-mart but you want to talk about flexing? This was taken just before 1pm on Friday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Killington Snowmaking.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	192386
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	120 
Size:	481.6 KB 
ID:	192385  

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Yikes. Tough time to go, expect nothing but a WROD and be happy if it's better.

Le Massif and St. Anne might be your best options for snow. Long drive bit the low CAD might take the sting out of it.

Massif is a magical place.

Will agree that Massif and MSA are are the best choices around.

Depending on snow, Orford is a nice little mountain and would be a bit of a shorter drive.

I love Sutton (not far of a drive from Jay), but a variety of terrain accessible from a single chair is not it. The fun steeps and woods are a long traverse away involving 2 or 3 chairs from the main lodge/chair where the family-friendly terrain is. Which ensures lack of gapers and pow that lasts. Somewhat.

45` and breezy under sunny skies bob. bush shutting off guns on upper Jester as I write, lots of ice encrusted trees sparkling in the sun right now.

Going to keep riding until I can't as it has been fun with perfect temps. Riding around Denny with my pal Michael on Tuesday

D Long the week before

Moon is likely going to make a good showing this full cycle as November is not living up to it's rep as the cloudiest month

Glad the election is over. This screwball got 8808 votes in the gov. race.

Picked up some Stainless Friday, missed getting more Hippy Powers by an hour. Was loving the HP and hoping to do a side by side, oh well.

Quebec City is beautiful and would be a nice place to visit. Bring your French/English dictionary.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Patrol refresher live at the Glen

www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

What a great day to be outside.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1479083231.931200.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  340.0 KB

Mischief Managed, now it is all about patience.

One warm stretch and maybe some lasting snow next w/e.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I know there's a lot of hate for K-mart but you want to talk about flexing? This was taken just before 1pm on Friday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	122 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	192386
    I would imagine the World cup race less than two weeks away is some pretty good motivation to blast the shit out of Superstar. Hopefully it sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    I would imagine the World cup race less than two weeks away is some pretty good motivation to blast the shit out of Superstar. Hopefully it sticks.
    It was an even bigger (much, much bigger) snow pile today. Here's hopin.

58` bluebird and calm bob, pedal time.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Another SUPER MOOOOONNNN

Super Moon Burke and Barn by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Super Moon and Burke Mountain by Tim_NEK, on Flickr
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Not skiing related, but headed to Montreal this weekend for my birthday. Any must do activities and/or eats? Since I'll be the wife, strip club recommendations are appreciated but unlikely on this go around.

We also rented a house at Stowe from 1/13-3/15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Le Club Supersex is lady friendly....or so I've heard from a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Not skiing related, but headed to Montreal this weekend for my birthday. Any must do activities and/or eats? Since I'll be the wife, strip club recommendations are appreciated but unlikely on this go around.

Montreal has a lot to do, anything specific you like? What area are you staying in?

Don de dieu for great microbrew. Montreal has a vibrant music scene, check out camuz.ca to see if any gigs you'd be interested in a are going down. Places like Divan Orange, PDB, Casa del Poppolo, etc are really fun small rooms to drink beer & party with bands.

Otherwise, the classic touristy things are Old Montreal/Old Port and hiking up Mt. Royal to get a cool view of the city at the belvedere/chalet.

And you're not going to strip clubs, you won't be going to Chez Paré.

There was a good thread on Montreal recommendations just a little while ago. Many great suggestions in here!

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=298057
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    There was a good thread on Montreal recommendations just a little while ago. Many great suggestions in here!

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=298057
    Excellent. Thanks. We are staying in the Old City.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Jean Talon Market (localvore aplenty), Mont Royal (Olmstead designed park), that's all I have at the moment.

PM me when you hit Stowe, I'll show you around

Excellent. Thanks. We are staying in the Old City.
    Best day we had was spent walking all over the place. Such a cool city to walk and so easy to access. We had crepes for breakfast, hit the old churches, museum, park / mountain with the cross on top, university campus, etc. We found good restaurants when we were hungry and ate outside of prime hours. As a result we were able to get into places that required reservations long in advance. Plan on doing it again this Thanksgiving weekend.