Page 161 of 183 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4557
    Quote Originally Posted by bbergey View Post
    You working on the 100a project?!
    Working construction for a local Ludlow guy. Building a house near the top of the Chapman Rd. Beautiful spot.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Working construction for a local Ludlow guy. Building a house near the top of the Chapman Rd. Beautiful spot.
    Nice

Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Current Ski Conditions on the Best Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    Current Ski Conditions on the Best Coast!
    Yep, saw you guys over on Mother-in-Law yesterday in Great Gulf.
    Snow did look nicer there than where we were in Airplane Gully.
    But we were facing such a long downhike along the bare Cog at the end of the "tour" that we decided to stick with laps where we already where.
    (Wait, what? Oh, right. Well, I fly out on this same day last month, so nice to see the truly great conditions out there that await me!)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Maybe you gals should get together for some Chablis , when yer out there.
    Take a lap, beaters.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Take a lap, beaters.
    Awww, how cute!

I got more vert in the first 10 turns than you got in January!

Your handle sucks ass. why are you here?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post

I got more vert in the first 10 turns
    Completely irrelevant if you suck. And this is, with out a doubt, completely irrelevant in ecrc thread.

East Coast Roll Call 10 [ten] SKI or SKI NOT, There Is No Try

Why do the mountains look like over filtered smokers lungs?
    Last edited by t-the-east; 05-14-2017 at 07:22 PM.

[...]Take a lap, beaters.
    Already did, and on the East Coast too, specifically five on Wednesday, five on Thursday, and four on Saturday.
    (Yes, a bit modest on vertical for all three days, but was constrained for time on each end of each day.)

I'll agree though that I'm mystified as to the relevance of either the PNW picture or the PNW poster to the ECRC thread.

We don't care, Jon. We like to drink and smoke, and eat seared tuna and steaks, in the Kmart parking lot and ski bumps in the sun.
    By all means, keep taking laps. Keep running from the demons, guy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

We don't care, Jon. We like to drink and smoke, and eat seared tuna and steaks, in the Kmart parking lot and ski bumps in the sun.
    By all means, keep taking laps. Keep running from the demons, guy.
    Mmm, seared tuna and steaks, that does sound good!
    I enjoyed skiing the Superstar bumps in the sun last week, although my apres ski food was definitely lacking.
    (As you can probably figure out though, neither drinking nor smoking is my thing.)

Eat some more Gu, guy. You're so core!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Eat some more Gu, guy. [...]
    Only while out skiing.
    Seared tuna sounds great for afterwards!

Giddeeup rockpile!

24-Hour Data
    Precip Snow High Low Gust
    2.28 in 22.9 in 29.8° F 22.7° F 75 MPH
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    24-Hour Data
    PrecipSnowHighLowGust
    2.28 in22.9 in29.8° F22.7° F75 MPH
    Sorrry I'm dumb. This is for Washington?

Yep, snowfields should be prime.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Yep, snowfields should be prime.
    Oh man!

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Well the wife, kid and I are taking the plunge and moving to the good ol' Green Mountain state for good. I just accepted a teaching job in Barre, handed in my letter of resignation, paid the final rent check and now it's time to get the fuck outta Boston for good. This summer is going to be interesting.

Not to derail the thread too much but any suggestions for a town to buy in within 30 min of Barre would be great. We're fairly familiar with the area but we'd like to end up somewhere where we can still get to restaurants, grocery store, pub, etc pretty easily. We glanced at few good places in Waterbury, Northfield and Montpelier but local advice is always welcome.

Close proximity to bike trails and skiing is a given.
    Before folks poop on Northfield, I'll chime in here. As far as recreation out-the-door, we have it all over Montpelier and Waterbury in my opinion. It is a matter of what you want. We have hours of trail riding, including machine built and old school single track. We have hours of ski touring. We have one of the 50 best trout streams in New England, and one of 2 in the state that is an all wild trout population. We are exit 5 off of the interstate, but don't have to deal with the traffic associated with tourism. We are a small college town with 2500 acres of open public land surrounding town. Housing prices are the best value in all of Washington and Lamoille County. Norwich endowment is huge. They are always growing and the town will grow with it. I saw the potential and house hunted for 2 years looking at Waterbury, Stowe, Morrisville, Middlesex, Moretown. We bought here for the quiet nature of the town and the potential for growth in the housing market, and I feel like we nailed it.

The town of Roxbury is merging with Montpelier mostly due to the requirements for merger and the size of the school system. My son is going into second grade next year and I am very happy with his school situation. He is a very high energy kid, difficult in the classroom and the support he gets has been great. My experience living in town is that many fine young adults have graduated from the local schools. The teachers are dedicated and there is a high level of parental support. At the end of the day, if you are an engaged parent you kid will excel.

The biggest issue facing out town is the duplicity of our little society. There is a lot of old school Vermont here. Conservative values socially. The town is morphing out of that and the investment is happening. In the last 7 years we have seen a new Medical Center built, Scott from the Three Penny Tap Room has opened his new ventures here, Carrier Coffe Roasters, and Good Measure Brewing. The Herring family has built a Winery, Fresh Tracks. The old general store has seen a 2 million dollar refurbishing, a craft beer store just opened last week. We have seen almost 20 miles of trail built. We will see the entire lost ski area re-cut including glading of the front side top to bottom. Pump track going in this summer. Corner Stone Berger Company moved in.
    There is a lot going on, and a town vision that seeks to maintain the quiet nature of Northfield while providing the amenities folks want in their town. I love it here, and we will likely have a lot more equity in our house than if we had bought in Waterbury or any of those other towns. Funny, when I moved to Vt, Waterbury was the town no one wanted to live in. Now people flock there and it's just a bit much these days. I think we are established in a town that is on the cusp of the same transformation. 8 miles from Montpelier, on the HWY. Inevitable.

25 minutes to Waterbury. 15 minutes to Millstone. 15 minutes to Montpelier. 25 minutes to Waitsfield Sugarbush. 45 minutes to Burlington. 45 minutes to Hinesburg Town Forrest. Within an hour you can be riding in Stowe, Killington, Kingdom trails, Champlain Valley, but once you know the local trails I think you won't drive too much to ride.

I love Northfield.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 05-15-2017 at 06:38 AM.

^^^. I thought you were moving to Maine....

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    ^^^. I thought you were moving to Maine....
    Yup. 15 years. My kids leaves the nest...(hopefully), and the house we've been renovating realizes it's potential....we punch out with $ in pocket to buy something out-right and live small until we die....hopefully on a sail boat.

Northfield is a nice town for sure. Amazing how it is changing. My parents live in Warren, and a colleague has a camp in Northfield. For years they were so different. Warren was cappucino, yoga and bagels. Northfield was Bud Light and snow machines and hunting. I can see how the Warren/Waitsfield influence is spilling over the Roxbury Gap and making established folks uneasy. I have to say, the paving of the upper part of the gap had something to do with it.

I have not spent much time in Barre, but I would live where I work.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Before folks poop on Northfield, I'll chime in here. As far as recreation out-the-door, we have it all over Montpelier and Waterbury in my opinion. It is a matter of what you want. We have hours of trail riding, including machine built and old school single track. We have hours of ski touring. We have one of the 50 best trout streams in New England, and one of 2 in the state that is an all wild trout population. We are exit 5 off of the interstate, but don't have to deal with the traffic associated with tourism. We are a small college town with 2500 acres of open public land surrounding town. Housing prices are the best value in all of Washington and Lamoille County. Norwich endowment is huge. They are always growing and the town will grow with it. I saw the potential and house hunted for 2 years looking at Waterbury, Stowe, Morrisville, Middlesex, Moretown. We bought here for the quiet nature of the town and the potential for growth in the housing market, and I feel like we nailed it.

The town of Roxbury is merging with Montpelier mostly due to the requirements for merger and the size of the school system. My son is going into second grade next year and I am very happy with his school situation. He is a very high energy kid, difficult in the classroom and the support he gets has been great. My experience living in town is that many fine young adults have graduated from the local schools. The teachers are dedicated and there is a high level of parental support. At the end of the day, if you are an engaged parent you kid will excel.

The biggest issue facing out town is the duplicity of our little society. There is a lot of old school Vermont here. Conservative values socially. The town is morphing out of that and the investment is happening. In the last 7 years we have seen a new Medical Center built, Scott from the Three Penny Tap Room has opened his new ventures here, Carrier Coffe Roasters, and Good Measure Brewing. The Herring family has built a Winery, Fresh Tracks. The old general store has seen a 2 million dollar refurbishing, a craft beer store just opened last week. We have seen almost 20 miles of trail built. We will see the entire lost ski area re-cut including glading of the front side top to bottom. Pump track going in this summer. Corner Stone Berger Company moved in.
    There is a lot going on, and a town vision that seeks to maintain the quiet nature of Northfield while providing the amenities folks want in their town. I love it here, and we will likely have a lot more equity in our house than if we had bought in Waterbury or any of those other towns. Funny, when I moved to Vt, Waterbury was the town no one wanted to live in. Now people flock there and it's just a bit much these days. I think we are established in a town that is on the cusp of the same transformation. 8 miles from Montpelier, on the HWY. Inevitable.

25 minutes to Waterbury. 15 minutes to Millstone. 15 minutes to Montpelier. 25 minutes to Waitsfield Sugarbush. 45 minutes to Burlington. 45 minutes to Hinesburg Town Forrest. Within an hour you can be riding in Stowe, Killington, Kingdom trails, Champlain Valley, but once you know the local trails I think you won't drive too much to ride.

I love Northfield.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Before folks poop on Northfield, I'll chime in here. As far as recreation out-the-door, we have it all over Montpelier and Waterbury in my opinion...
    Not to mention easy access to the World's Fair, down Tunbridge.

Another note: Better spring for good Mud&Snow tires for direct access to MRV.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well