Apple ID/iPhone hacked?

Is my Apple ID hacked?

My mom is in my contacts under her name, but occasionally I start a text to "Mom". When I do this, it brings up a phone number for "Mom". I do not know this number or this person. There is no Mom in my contacts. When it automatically pulls up Mom, there are also some other contacts associated with it. Again, none of these people are in my contacts.

What the fuck is going on? I haven't had any other problems or weird shit that I've noticed.

Siri has a mom too.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Odd - my phone (Windows phone) keeps dropping contacts. Deletes their photo, adds back old phone numbers, drops other. Real pain the the arse. I suspect it is a Gmail issue.

Found this when doing a search on your issue - appears other experience it too:

Random contacts on my iPhone 5
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Yeah, but these people aren't in my contacts. They only come up when I type in "Mom". I can't find them any other way.

Did a quick Facestalking. They appear to be real people in Kansas.

Maybe that's your real mother? Apple is pretty savvy.

Thats a fucked up way to find out you were adopted!

Is your or your "Mom"s phone a second hand unit? Afaik, here have been instances where used (or refurbed units that have come back from repairs) retain some Apple ID information of the previous user and can cause mayhem.

At least some older 3/4G phones had issues, if I remember right?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

ur avatar sucks
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Is your or your "Mom"s phone a second hand unit? Afaik, here have been instances where used (or refurbed units that have come back from repairs) retain some Apple ID information of the previous user and can cause mayhem.

At least some older 3/4G phones had issues, if I remember right?
    yea my sister had the same issue with her phone that she got as a replacement
    I'd text her and sometimes it would go to the previous owner's acct and sometimes to my sister
    skid luxury

My phone is new. Maybe "Mom's" phone is pre owned. I don't know who the person is.

Maybe I'll ask mystery mom if she knows anything. That's the only phone number that shows up. I've been hesitant in case there was something malicious going on.

On the plus side, I'm glad DD doesn't like my avatar. Probably makes him uncomfortable.

1. post buzzfeed article
    2. profit?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/i-fo...xQ3#.frxA7mw6a

have you ever lost your phone? could explain things..