Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    So your point is that you're a lost cause. What makes you think that minorities want to be spoon fed? It seems to me that trying to drive social and political change by talking about it is a less intrusive way. Fucking white savior complex is just another way to be racist and condescending.
    No, my point is that neither of them, DBS or Spook, has shown they have done anything material to help black people or minorities. Quoting "The Atlantic" magazine. Power to the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Greed good. Money good, people bad

Fuck people

Glad I lucked out in the market that one time.. and now tread water.

so I can mock the paupers. And hit white balls

While hanging onto the legacy of old whitey
    Oh please. Huffing the pipe and trading 3x etfs. Glad your are so concerned about ghetto gentrification.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Oh please. Huffing the pipe and trading 3x etfs. Glad your are so concerned about ghetto gentrification.
    Your intellect isn't very impressive, tough guy.

No, my point is that neither of them, DBS or Spook, has shown they have done anything material to help black people or minorities. Quoting "The Atlantic" magazine. Power to the people!
    So you rely of fallacious logic to back your bigotry.

Original as the whores that raised you.

has shown they have done anything material to help black people
    There was all that time when DBS campaigned for Ron Paul.

"reveal decades worth of obsession with conspiracies, sympathy for the right-wing militia movement, and deeply held bigotry against blacks, Jews, and gays"... That Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Your intellect isn't very impressive, tough guy.
    Your toughness isn't very impressive either, intellectual guy.

I don't have a dog in this fight any more, but let's do another hike sometime where we actually start early enough to get somewhere before hiking season is closed.

Ok. I apologize to all you compassionate citizens deeply concerned about the racial division facing this great nation. Keep fighting the good fight.

The Racist History of Portland, the Whitest City in America

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Your toughness isn't very impressive either, intellectual guy.

I don't have a dog in this fight any more, but let's do another hike sometime where we actually start early enough to get somewhere before hiking season is closed.
    You could go to the local youth center or church and bring along a couple disadvantaged minority kids.

Kind of amusing to listen to self professed greedy, rich white country club guys try to feel comfortable with their racist bigotry.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Hey let's not bring Trump into this.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Kind of amusing to listen to self professed greedy, rich white country club guys try to feel comfortable with their racist bigotry.
    I'm glad it comes across like that. I've done work with disadvantaged kids. Gotten them jobs at those same white country clubs. Admittedly, I could do a lot more and will in the future but the rhetoric from people that have really done nothing but nod their heads and point fingers is kinda pathetic.

That's cute, Judge Smails as an altruist.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    what about swimming, 4matic? do black people like swimming?
    Last edited by 4matic; 10-26-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Feelings of amusement from "listening" to these posts? That's white privilege, cracker.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

And then there's this. Wrong Portland, but just as stupid:

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/10/2...rtland-street/
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

........... but the rhetoric from people that have really done nothing but nod their heads and point fingers is kinda pathetic.
    I must have missed the post where the OP said he never did anything to help the cause, and yet he started this thread.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

If you can't engage, stifle debate by raising the barrier to entry.

i met tommie smith at hayward when i was a kid. i had no clue what he'd done.

New York Daily News: Peter Norman supported civil rights at Olympics — and paid dearly. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwyp-pkTA

Norman was reprimanded by Australian Olympic officials, and that was only the beginning of the high price he would pay for wearing that button. He was excluded from the Australian Olympic team for the 1972 Munich Games even though he was the country’s most dominant 200 meters runner. He was not invited to participate in the Opening Ceremonies for the 2000 Games in Sydney.

“It was really a dangerous thing to do for a white Aussie in a racist country to stand up for black anything — let alone black America,” Norman’s nephew Matt Norman said. “For him, it was a simple gesture, but it ended his career."

Norman struggled with alcohol abuse and depression before he died of a heart attack in 2006. But African-American athletes did not forget his contribution to the Mexico City protest. U.S. track official Steve Simmons arranged for Norman to attend the Sydney Games as a guest of the American contingent.

How Power Works

By Chris Hedges

http://m.truthdig.com/report/item/ho...works_20161023

The New York Times columnist Tom Wicker, who was part of the negotiating team that tried to resolve the Attica uprising without bloodshed, singled out white fear as the central issue in the 1971 case. “White fear fixed itself upon the literal presence of black human beings. Black people, to whites, were the symbolic representation of the evil in man and thus were also the handy instruments by which white people could hold themselves symbolically innocent of that evil.” Wicker concluded, “The heart of the matter was the fear of blackness.”

This white fear remains unexamined in America. It allows us to stand by passively and watch the daily murders by police of unarmed black men and women. It allows us to maintain a prison system that holds a staggering 25 percent of the world’s prisoners, the majority of them poor people of color. This white fear condemns us as a nation. It perpetuates the evil of white supremacy. Poor people of color have been robbed of the most elemental forms of justice and basic constitutional rights. But the state, in the age of deindustrialization, has no intention of stopping there. These forms of social control, so familiar to poor people of color, will bear upon all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Ever been to Utah?

There are only 109 black people in the entire State.
    Colorado's numbers aren't much higher than that.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    How Power Works

By Chris Hedges

http://m.truthdig.com/report/item/ho...works_20161023

The New York Times columnist Tom Wicker, who was part of the negotiating team that tried to resolve the Attica uprising without bloodshed, singled out white fear as the central issue in the 1971 case. “White fear fixed itself upon the literal presence of black human beings. Black people, to whites, were the symbolic representation of the evil in man and thus were also the handy instruments by which white people could hold themselves symbolically innocent of that evil.” Wicker concluded, “The heart of the matter was the fear of blackness.”

This white fear remains unexamined in America. It allows us to stand by passively and watch the daily murders by police of unarmed black men and women. It allows us to maintain a prison system that holds a staggering 25 percent of the world’s prisoners, the majority of them poor people of color. This white fear condemns us as a nation. It perpetuates the evil of white supremacy. Poor people of color have been robbed of the most elemental forms of justice and basic constitutional rights. But the state, in the age of deindustrialization, has no intention of stopping there. These forms of social control, so familiar to poor people of color, will bear upon all of us.
    Have you read this book?

The War on Cops exposes the truth about officer use of force and explodes the conceit of “mass incarceration.” A rigorous analysis of data shows that crime, not race, drives police actions and prison rates. The growth of proactive policing in the 1990s, along with lengthened sentences for violent crime, saved thousands of minority lives. In fact, Mac Donald argues, no government agency is more dedicated to the proposition that “black lives matter” than today’s data-driven, accountable police department.

Mac Donald gives voice to the many residents of high-crime neighborhoods who want proactive policing. She warns that race-based attacks on the criminal-justice system, from the White House on down, are eroding the authority of law and putting lives at risk. This book is a call for a more honest and informed debate about policing, crime, and race.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Have you read this book?

The War on Cops exposes the truth about officer use of force and explodes the conceit of “mass incarceration.” A rigorous analysis of data shows that crime, not race, drives police actions and prison rates. The growth of proactive policing in the 1990s, along with lengthened sentences for violent crime, saved thousands of minority lives. In fact, Mac Donald argues, no government agency is more dedicated to the proposition that “black lives matter” than today’s data-driven, accountable police department.

Mac Donald gives voice to the many residents of high-crime neighborhoods who want proactive policing. She warns that race-based attacks on the criminal-justice system, from the White House on down, are eroding the authority of law and putting lives at risk. This book is a call for a more honest and informed debate about policing, crime, and race.
    Racists desperately want to believe that the policies they support aren't racist.

http://reason.com/archives/2016/07/1...no-war-on-cops

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Racists desperately want to believe that the policies they support aren't racist.

http://reason.com/archives/2016/07/1...no-war-on-cops
    Yeah I read that review. As a debunking of the book, it was lacking to say the least. But I haven't read the book so I don't know. Just curious if anybody has.

Oregon City High School students are fighting back against a racist tweet that possibly involved current and former students of the school. The tweet, sent out Monday, showed a group of friends holding a sign with a racial slur. One of the women i...
    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...ol_studen.html

^^^that story reeks of juvenile judgement but not necessarily racism. It said airport which led me to think they made a sign for a friend whom they were picking up. Context is everything and severely lacking from that story.

Sorry but just because some dumb young white HS student used the word nigger on a sign doesn't in any way justify a walkout unless you can tell me the sign was being used to actually put down or belittle a fellow black student.