Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
    Singapore - I can see how public caning for vagrancy and other misdemeanors would cleanse a city. Capital punishment for drug possession. Vienna? How can Portland be more like Vienna in your opinion?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Singapore - I can see how public caning for vagrancy and other misdemeanors would cleanse a city. Capital punishment for drug possession. Vienna? How can Portland be more like Vienna in your opinion?
    Public caning seems like a good place to start. We finished the week in Bend and that place is like that Jim Carrey bubble movie, I don't think I've seen a cleaner, well kept city in the USA. Of course they had sheriff's inmates cleaning the roadsides and medians so maybe Portland could start there.

Ever see a real chain gang? I mean chains and stripped suits. Saw that in Georgia
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Public caning seems like a good place to start. We finished the week in Bend and that place is like that Jim Carrey bubble movie, I don't think I've seen a cleaner, well kept city in the USA. Of course they had sheriff's inmates cleaning the roadsides and medians so maybe Portland could start there.
    You obviously didn’t spend much time on the east side of town...