Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 82 of 82
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Summit North
    Posts
    5,898
    Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Yup... We're so overinvested in progress, we're leaving a trail of half baked bullshit problems behind us that will one day align to take the whole thing apart.
    This resonates, I feel the same way...

    So, now that his has happened, has drawn a lot of attention, what is the potential fallout?
    Alpental Indigenous

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,610
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    This resonates, I feel the same way...

    So, now that his has happened, has drawn a lot of attention, what is the potential fallout?
    I'd imagine the fallout from treating our electrical grid like it's some tertiary consideration will be an issue long before the smart refrigerators are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    9,850
    "Our electrical grid" - like you'd let the Federal Government own the American electrical grid like some kind of Worker's Paradise. heh

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    7,782
    Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    I'd imagine the fallout from treating our electrical grid like it's some tertiary consideration will be an issue long before the smart refrigerators are.
    True. However, refrigerator as attack vector was not my point.
    Real VTers tap trees.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,610
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    True. However, refrigerator as attack vector was not my point.
    I wasn't responding to you. I don't take moral issue with building a machine to automatically write a grocery list, except when it's considered a higher priority than building the electric grid needed to power it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    603
    Posts
    251
    I'd be curious to know if this hack and publicity factored into the price that Oracle paid for them.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,626
    It should, you buy a car and agree to a price, and right before you hand the money over the bumper falls off? Discount...
    sigless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •