Snowboard Repair Inserts for Skis?

So mags some help is required with this and I have had a search but haven't found much. I remembered seeing a picture of a set of GPO's Keith had made for Drew with them in.

So I've got a pretty buggered set of skis with the holes in the right place that I don't want to bin, could I use the board tool and drill through the base of the ski and epoxy these in?

http://www.tognar.com/plastic-capped...wboards-white/
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Only obvious problem I see is snowboard bolts are M6, ski bolts (for inserts) are M5. You could use that insert and widen the holes in the binding mount to fit the M6 (only 1 mm difference..). Or you could find some stainless steel M5 T nuts.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I suppose you could do that, however it the core is otherwise fine you might try this instead?

Basically, you drill out the old holes, then pound in the expanding brass insert, screw the binding down, and done.

Drill bad holes to 1/4" and install Binding Freedom inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Drill bad holes to 1/4" and install Binding Freedom inserts.
    ^^^this, if the holes are too buggered they have helicoils.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Brass inserts look like the best call, I didn't see them until I looked a bit deeper into Tongars website. I got a set of pretty much free bentchetlers that someone had decided to overlap the holes on. I've got BF inserts in my other skis and the overlap looked a little too much for the BF inserts so I had been thinking of other methods.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    So mags some help is required with this and I have had a search but haven't found much. I remembered seeing a picture of a set of GPO's Keith had made for Drew with them in.

So I've got a pretty buggered set of skis with the holes in the right place that I don't want to bin, could I use the board tool and drill through the base of the ski and epoxy these in?

http://www.tognar.com/plastic-capped...wboards-white/
    a tele guy did that and the ski broke , buddy fell got hurt actualy lost his leg due to complications, it might really weaken a ski but be ok on a much wider snow board?

I would just shift the binding 1 cm for or aft

unless you are a special flower you won't feel 1 cm on pow snow
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Those Tognar inserts suck ass. Good luck getting them not to spin and the ptex caps just fall off if you look at them funny. Better off going with a forstner bit & regular t-nut in m-whateversizeyouwant. Cheaper too. Voile sells ptex caps you can epoxy in over the hole in the base, though I've only ever bothered once and usually just epoxy flush with the base on my DIY splits.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

The brass one don't expand much and end up spinning. Plastic inserts are seen as way better than the brass ones.
    Last edited by daught; 10-20-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    I've got BF inserts in my other skis and the overlap looked a little too much for the BF inserts so I had been thinking of other methods.
    I'm confused by that. If the spacing/overlap among existing holes is too close for BF inserts, they will also be too close for the brass (which require a 5/16" drill bit). Perhaps I missed something or am just dense.