Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    that somewhat speaks to my question of gears vs CVT, I could get a sled if I wanted but ... I don't

He's right, the kits do beat up the 4 strokes, thus why some guys are doing the 300 or bigger 2 smokers. Way cheaper and easier to maintain.

Gears vs CVT is just something for diehard sled guys vs moto guys to cat fight about. Personally don't like CVT myself. Double clutch tranny is the future, but that will be awhile for offroad.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Renting is for tourists. Having many cc's of fun and the mechanical aptitude to fix them is the real deal.

Yeah, but when you work on crap every day for living, sometimes nice to tear up somebody elses crap on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Yeah, but when you work on crap every day for living, sometimes nice to tear up somebody elses crap on vacation.
    Vacation? What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Having many cc's of fun and the mechanical aptitude to fix them is the real deal.
    Yeah i could build a garage to put them in buy a larger truck to tow them to the snow where I make noise get em stuck blow em up, take em back to the garage to fix em up ... but I dont wana
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Great! Another oil-burning beast to make the backcountry even noisier. I really hate the sound dirtbikes make when people are goosing them (which is nearly 95% of the time), now they"re going to be goosing these two-stroke dirtbikes on skis all over snow country??

Skis and skins are quiet.

Edit: Seems there are always two kinds of people for outdoor pursuits:

Power boaters vs. sailors

Jet-skiers vs kayakers

Ultra-lighters and small plane pilots vs balloonists and hang-gliders

Dirtbikers vs hikers and mountain bikers

Snowmobilers vs snowshoers, x-country skiers, telemarkers, backcountry boarders and AT skiers.

Sure, there is and will be plenty of cross-pursuits by the same people between motorized and non-motorized depending on sport and season, etc. I realize that.

But I think, perhaps, it simply boils down to "oil-burners" who don't give a crap about the noise and disturbance they make vs those more into quiet pursuits using their own strength and that of mother nature...wind, gravity and O2.
    Last edited by Alaskan Rover; 10-22-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Yeah, always gotta love the sight of beer belly bald head yahoos driving by in a massive pickup truck towing the snowmobile/jet ski/dirt bike/atv twins on the trailer. It's like, my purpose in life is to burn up fossil fuels until the day I die, and pay a ton of interest rates on the loans for it all. And eat a lot, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Great! Another oil-burning beast to make the backcountry even noisier. I really hate the sound dirtbikes make when people are goosing them (which is nearly 95% of the time), now they"re going to be goosing these two-stroke dirtbikes on skis all over snow country??

Skis and skins are quiet.

Edit: Seems there are always two kinds of people for outdoor pursuits:

Power boaters vs. sailors

Jet-skiers vs kayakers

Ultra-lighters and small plane pilots vs balloonists and hang-gliders

Dirtbikers vs hikers and mountain bikers

Snowmobilers vs snowshoers, x-country skiers, telemarkers, backcountry boarders and AT skiers.

Sure, there is and will be plenty of cross-pursuits by the same people between motorized and non-motorized depending on sport and season, etc. I realize that.

But I think, perhaps, it simply boils down to "oil-burners" who don't give a crap about the noise and disturbance they make vs those more into quiet pursuits using their own strength and that of mother nature...wind, gravity and O2.

Quit parking at the trailhead that us OHV users pay to maintain, get out in the gazillion acres you got us banned from using, and you won't have any noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I'm going to have to get one next year. What does the conversion kit cost and what is the optimum size bike?
    Timbersled is around 5-6k.

You want a big fuel injected four stroke.

Yep. Snowbikes are fun but need torque to be really manuevrable
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Have they started making snow specific motors yet?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cbw5007 View Post
    I was picturing a downhill ski bike but this is pretty cool as well!
    Are you some twat who used to post and is now using an alias? Reviving old shit threads is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Reviving old shit threads is stupid.
    Shhh ... Core Shot might hear you

Hahahahaha! Yes, but I can't hear him.