Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2783
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170703_113353.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	208976
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Good AM for the extended MtB season. Our crew of six from OAS scored
    - first tickets
    - first two chairs
    - first beers from the garden.

Snow was funky by 1000.
    Had a great view of a boarder on a head first slide for life down Beverly Hills. His forward momentum was stopped by a pile of rocks.
    The scenery was spectacular for our group of old pervs, err mature fantasists.

Sad to miss Puma, who reported a hangover and sore ass after a night of partying with his PDX bros. I don't judge.
    Think by buddy Jarl must have been in your crew.

Jarl was definitely with us...he was first in line, but only the second ticket purchased. He got first chair though.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Sad to miss Puma, who reported a hangover and sore ass after a night of partying with his PDX bros. I don't judge.
    I thought it had something to do with the long mountain bike rides. I will admit to being very groggy that morning, but thought it was self induced...

On a serious note, great to mountain bike with you. Central Oregon treated us very well! I wish I would have made it up to Bachy!

I noticed your crew out there. Asked the Lady in the pink jacket if she had change for a nickle but she was too stoked/rocking out to her budz to hear it. I thought the line took hours for tickets on the 2nd but I timed it and it was actually 35 minutes. Summit lift line was fast to non-existent since we were going through the singles line. Snow was great for sliding of all sorts. Banana was stoked and gave me a woohoo! Stay stoked Banana!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	449.8 KB 
ID:	209067
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    sorry we missed the regular benders but we did have fun with the replacements that we encountered as well as a few Alpentalics that showed up to the hill.
    Thanks Bachy Mgmt for the ride.

Sliding on he 4th was super awesome fun times
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

^^^Pics or it didn't happen

Ugh, I lost a friend to a bicycle crash today outside Redmond. She was part of a group of friends on a weeklong tour from PDX => Eugene via the Cascades (specifically, up the Clackamas then back via McKenzie Pass). They were on their way from Smith Rock to Sisters this morning when she decided to continue ahead of the main group. They found her lifeless in the shoulder headed westbound on the Lower Bridge Rd. just east of the bridge over the Deschutes River. Initial investigation seems to indicate she crashed, possibly due to a mechanical issue, and hit her head which wasn't protected by a helmet.
    http://komonews.com/news/local/seatt...n-oregon-crash

Hug your loved ones, wear your helmet and live to ride another day....

Damn. Sorry man. That's tough

2016-2017 ORYGUN - Annual Pow, Beer, and Duct Tape Thread

That is awful! Sorry to hear that!

i'm sorry to read that, pipedream

I am very sorry to hear of your bad news pipedream. Thoughts with friends and family.

As more details trickle-in, it seems more and more like a freak accident. She crashed, for unknown reasons, but not related to traffic as the only cars they saw were headed in the opposite direction (one stopped to ask if they were missing someone, another was on-site at the accident scene and had already called 911). Friends said she had a very bad head injury and was in a very contorted posture on the ground, unresponsive w/ labored breathing. By the time the first responders arrived, which was only 5-10 mins, she had passed. A chopper was scrambled but ultimately dismissed, drugs & alcohol were ruled-out and after a long day the rest of the group made it back to Seattle via friends/SO's who dropped everything to get them.

It was a beautiful day in a harsh, beautiful place. There was a view of the high Cascade mountains around us and the Deschutes river wound around below us. Small birds were flitting in and out of holes in the bluff right above the road.
    Thanks for all your kind words. You Oregon people are more than alright. RIP, Katie

Wow... Condolences to all.

Vibes Pipedream and vibes for everyone that knows her.

Sad situation. The area around the refuge is truly a harsh and beautiful place.
    Vibes pipedream.

RIP and condolences
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Few shots of a long day on the north side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2901.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	209278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2920.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	986.7 KB 
ID:	209276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2931.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	582.9 KB 
ID:	209275   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2942.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	514.8 KB 
ID:	209277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2947.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	641.0 KB 
ID:	209274  

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Few shots of a long day on the north side.
    It's been a few weeks since I stopped by here... And this is waiting for me.... Holy shit, thanks for the July stoke, klaus! How long was the approach before skinable snow?

i took two floridians on thier first tour on Sunday... Two AT rookies with very limited ski-ability... Dad didn't make his first turn for 2000 vert. ft or so. But you know what they say: "the first turn is the hardest." Eventually, After he made one, he started linking them. We skied from about 8750 all the way to within 20ft of the car.

PSA: if you swap your roofbox to your sibling's car, make sure you bring the key for it when you go to the mountain. Needless to say, I felt like a dumbass... Wifey did me a solid and made a 6am drive to Sandy to bring it to us. Thanks BD.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

The road to cloud cap was still closed so 4 plus miles to snow. I'm still feeling it. The wild flowers through the fire zone were robust though.

came across this elevation map of mt. hood and surrounding area, figured it belonged here:

http://www.vividmaps.com/2017/07/mt-...29-meters.html
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Climbed Bachelor on Friday. Hit snow around 6500 feet, and had steady pack above the top terminal of Sunrise. The skiing was also quite good even though I didn't start down until 11:30. No sticky snow, maybe because it was only one run on the hot wax job. But still quiet enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    Climbed Bachelor on Friday. Hit snow around 6500 feet, and had steady pack above the top terminal of Sunrise. The skiing was also quite good even though I didn't start down until 11:30. No sticky snow, maybe because it was only one run on the hot wax job. But still quiet enjoyable.
    good on ya for getting out. As if my plate couldn't get any fuller, I said "F it" and went and took another trip to the proverbial-buffet. I might get to ski again before winter...?

I'm headed up for a mellow tour tomorrow, starting early from tline, gotta get some turns in and my schedule opened up! Anybody out there want to join, pack some food and hit me up

Surface was surprisingly firm yesterday at 7. Hiked in sneakers all the way to the top of Palmer. One could have found skinable snow for most of the way up, if one were so inclined as to skin up the mile halfpipe park/runout. I took said route down, making for a great 2500 ft descent, finished by a short run to the car.

Snacks consumed: 1 chocolate covered glazed donut, 2 GU packs, 1 honey stinger waffle, 1 Kirkland protein bar, 1 pack of belvita cinnamon, 1 EVOL green chile and egg burrito.

climbers lost and found at Tline is STaCKeD again. Food for weeks. Somebody's expedition-cache, still labeled with names and dates, is is sittin unclaimed. Get it while the gettin is good. Paging smallies.