Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Tbs always was good with children. Did he finally get off supervision bracelet. Cool shot Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Woohoo!

I just found out I won a throwback snowboard!

Picked it up and found this note at the bottom

Oh well...ride it a few times for fun and hang it in the rec room

wow that's a tad lame.

Quick edit from Wed Morning. Field notes: Firm surface; very wind-affected; little to no ski penetration while skinning;

Anybody else going to Warren Miller tonight? I know that the Schnitz is probly too fancy for most mags, but I can't stand the Alladin...

Edited to add link to video for mobile users:
    Last edited by FatKidFromFL; 10-21-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Damn. Thread delivering on page 1. Nice work dudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Thanks for the video Matthew. I haven't been to a Warren Miller tour in probably 15 years now. Back then the movie experience seemed less than top notch and I never used any of the coupons they gave out. Has it been good in recent years? That snovana thing at the Colosseum seems like a better bet. Only $5, should be good music tonight. I saw the Dandy Warhols this summer and I'm liking their new songs.

video says not available on my phone and tablet

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    video says not available on my phone and tablet
    I'll add a direct link to vimeo... the forum doesn't render the video on my phone either... works fine on the desktop. Thanks for the headsup.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Thanks for the video Matthew. I haven't been to a Warren Miller tour in probably 15 years now. Back then the movie experience seemed less than top notch and I never used any of the coupons they gave out. Has it been good in recent years? That snovana thing at the Colosseum seems like a better bet. Only $5, should be good music tonight. I saw the Dandy Warhols this summer and I'm liking their new songs.
    I totally get it if it's not for everybody... 3 of us Floridians like to go every year and get all excited... I used to go to the big Ski show at the convention center but I always find better deals on the internet... Dandy Warhols for $5 aint bad. We already pulled the proverbial trigger on Warren.
    Last edited by FatKidFromFL; 10-21-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Anyone go to Snowvana? It felt pretty lame to me. Felt like an anorexic version of Ski Fever. Not to mention having to go through the fucking gestapo check point to get in the place. Highlight was meeting a Mag who I have shared many words with on here (Powtron). And saving some shipping on a TGR shirt. Beyond that. It was lame. Maybe I just need more friends who ski.
    Training for Alpental

i wanted to go but just going to pt for an hour friday killed me. they did keep sending me notifications of the drawings i didn't win, though.

Eating fried Spam with the rain hitting my tent down by the river next to the tracks I can only hope snow is falling in the mts. With only precious weeks away from the season opener I look forward to crushing snowflakes under my skis.

Set it on the exhaust manifold for 15 mins @ 1500 rpm. Teamsters 101. Mmmm road kill fresh off the Interstate tasty.

Crow pie & Possum stew

My Burton throwback arrived today at the post office even though they used fedex. $89 shipped, had to do it. I like the floaty shape and seems durable. Seeing the $400 tag on the Jones Mountain Surfer makes it all the more a palatable purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by smallies View Post
    My Burton throwback arrived today at the post office even though they used fedex. $89 shipped, had to do it. I like the floaty shape and seems durable. Seeing the $400 tag on the Jones Mountain Surfer makes it all the more a palatable purchase.

Nice to see there's a few shameless snow surfers on here

Any of you Central Oregon backcountry enthusiasts with some free time this weekend? Wood cutting weekend for the yurts at Tam Macarthur rim with the boys at Three Sisters Backcountry outfit. Earn a free trip falling, splitting and stacking firewood. All the while enjoying the finer things Oregon had to offer.

Anybody else notice the change on the Bachelor Conditions page or on the policies on the Safety page? Could they actually be changing their spots on off season access? A change in their off season climbing policy would be a very big improvement! Could they actually be giving up their "Fuck off and die/I, Me, My Mountain" paradigm? If so... WAY TO GO BACHELOR!

I have been climbing that mountain in the off season for 15 years. It is the easiest off season, highway accessible, snow in my part of the state. Tax dollars built that highway and the public should be able to take advantage of the exceptional access their money paid for.

If Bach can go back to the enlightened policies of yesteryear (open, off season, access) it will be a good thing for skiing in Central Oregon.

Now if they can only get all the lifts turning, in the morning, on powder days, I may have to change my bruised opinion of Powder Corp.

POWDER TO THE PEOPLE

plow the parking lots would be nice

Yeah, but if they plowed the lot, they wouldn't be able to turn the snow blower on the people in line at the base of Red Chair.

@snojones what's your take on the new college traffic on Century Dr and getting to the hill.

Psyched for winter

#firewood #threesistersbackcountry by Ves, on Flickr

#splitnstacked by Ves, on Flickr

Snowing by Ves, on Flickr

A plan to habituate and numb people into acceptance of waiting in long lines on powder days?

I have devised a plan to thwart interlopers that may stray near our mountain. Recently I secured a few construction road signs that will be placed strategically at the bottom of Century Dr. You may disregard them as the road won't really be closed.

Brilliant! I have always wanted to put up street signs, along Century Drive,reminding drivers that obstructing more that 5 vehicles on a 2 lane highway is in violation of Oregon Traffic Law. Further stating the legal requirement that the offending vehicle to pull over and let the traffic pass.

But your idea is much more direct... No rear view mirror skills or comprehension required. I second the blinking lights augmentation. Maybe that derelict cop car that used to sit just north of La Pine is now available as well. Could tame even the dread bachelor "Powder Day Fluster Cluck"!
    Last edited by snojones; 10-31-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Haha the old squad car. Use to have a dummy in it. Last time I saw it just before jakes Northbound on 97. Perfect. Thanks for the tip Bobby. If by chance a few riff raff disregard the signs. I have a backup plan. Detour signs just past Inn of the 7th routing the blaggards to Fall River. Its going to be a good season.