Page 106 of 112 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2783

2016-2017 ORYGUN - Annual Pow, Beer, and Duct Tape Thread

Some poor group is up there pissed and hungry looking for all their food.

holy sheeit. one oh fucking 7, too hot....oops, just jumped to 108.2*

108 degrees, that's fucking nuts.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I look forward to the return of the snow's! Seems like a long way out at this point...

Super stoked for snow instead of 95 degree heat and 2 mile visibility due to smoke. Fuck this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cooler today...
    Name:  WU 8-3-17.PNG
Views: 344
Size:  24.0 KB
    Correction, at 4:42 it's 107.4*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainr.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	620.8 KB 
ID:	210283
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

The week before last my girlfriend was at a conference in Portland so I threw my skis in the car and drove up from SF to meet her and road trip back.

I crashed the first night at Devil's Lake and climbed South Sister the next morning.

Name:	SouthSisterCorrected.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	622.8 KB 
ID:	210357

I ditched my skis at the cinder cone half way up and summited with a light pack.

It was snowing butterflies:

One of them seemed very interested in my tech fittings.

Name:	Techbutterfly.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	948.4 KB 
ID:	210348

Nice place!

Name:	FromSSisterCorrected.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	210358

I skied from here and managed to ski about 1500' of vert, with a few short carries.

Name:	SouthSisterDescent.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	210350

The next day I skinned up the Palmer as Timberline was shutting down. Pretty rad that they let you skin up pretty much wherever you want. It was nice to ski a long groomer at the end of July.

I wasn't planning on skiing anymore, but when I came across this patch of snow in Crater Lake that went from the top of Llao Rock to the road (it connects to the right of the frame below), I couldn't help myself.

Name:	Llao2.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	760.0 KB 
ID:	210351

Skiing with lake views; just like home!

Name:	LlaoSlopeCorrected.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	929.5 KB 
ID:	210359

Skiing is cool, but so is jumping into volcanoes.

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	210353

I was hoping to come back and use the eclipse as an excuse to ski Mt Jefferson in a couple weeks, but looks like the Whitewater fire has other ideas. Oh well, nice place you guys have!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SouthSister.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	663.2 KB 
ID:	210347   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FromSSister.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	210349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LLaoslope.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	925.7 KB 
ID:	210352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SouthSisterCorrected.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	753.3 KB 
ID:	210354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FromSSisterCorrected.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	210355  

Name:	LlaoSlopeCorrected.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	210356  
    Last edited by jorion; 08-07-2017 at 03:53 PM.

♡ suncups. Nice write up. Come on Winter.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

i'm sorry to bring this up but it is a troubling read. i watched it happening from palmer without realizing it until i got home and i know at least one of you witnessed it from close proximity.

Mount Hood climber died after delays slowed rescue

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...bileshort_home

The dispatcher transferred Cornett to a Clackamas County Sheriff's Office community service officer – an employee who isn't a sworn officer and doesn't carry a weapon but helps the Sheriff's Office in a variety of tasks. On this day, community service officer Connie Haider was fielding phone calls from Clackamas 911.

What was said next is in dispute.

Cornett insists he provided nearly identical information to Haider as he'd given to the dispatcher. But the phone call between Haider and Cornett wasn't recorded.

Cornett said Haider told him to call Timberline Ski Patrol. Cornett said he was taken aback by the advice and emphasized again that it was a climbing accident, not skiing. He said Haider again said to call ski patrol.

Haider, through the Sheriff's Office, said she interpreted Cornett's statement about the location – "just above timberline" – to mean the fall happened just above the Timberline ski area, and that's why she suggested he call Timberline Ski Patrol.

Both the Sheriff's Office and Cornett, a novice climber who once ran for Portland City Council, agree that the call ended with Cornett saying he'd call back if Sheriff's Office assistance was needed. Cornett, however, said he was flummoxed by the unhelpful response and laced his goodbye with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

"So, I'm at 10,500 feet," Cornett said, "... Googling Timberline Ski Patrol to find their number."

He didn't find it. Instead, Cornett located the Timberline Lodge main number, called it and was transferred to ski area guest services. He described the situation again. The person who answered said they would help and, a few minutes later, someone from ski patrol called Cornett.

"At this point, we're 20 minutes into it," recalled Cornett, who, three months after, is still frustrated that his first phone call didn't launch the Sheriff's Office rescue.

At 11:25 a.m., Timberline Ski Patrol Director Brett Wesson called 911 to report the climbing accident – 37 minutes after Cornett's first call.

The Sheriff's Office's description of events differs from Cornett's.

In a statement issued to The Oregonian/OregonLive, the Sheriff's Office said Cornett told Haider that the Sheriff's Office help wasn't needed, that 10 climbers were at the scene and they "thought they could all help get him out."

The statement also noted that Portland Mountain Rescue members were on the mountain when Jenkins fell.

That information, however, wasn't relayed to Cornett, he said.
    Last edited by wyeaster; 08-12-2017 at 07:04 AM.

soooo ... who are the Corvallis/Eugene/Springfield/Cottage Grove mags in here?

I just moved to Eugene a few weeks ago and am finally getting settled in. Keith just shipped my Praxis GPOs, and the wife and I will likely each get Bach 12-packs.

Hit me up if you like to pedal on dirt, I'm into both XC trails and blue-level gravity trails as well. I've been exploring Alsea and Whypass lately, still haven't gotten onto any of the Oakridge stuff.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

i'll be in eugene (hometown) aug 17-22. beer maybe if you're up to it.

I'm a Eugenian. Where abouts are ya? I'm 5 miles SW of city limits

wyeaster, will let you know if I stick around for eclipse weekend or not!

I'm near Amazon park, up on the hill behind the masonic cemetery. We picked this spot for easy access to I5 via 30th and good for socializing our future puppy via neighbors and dog parks. Rental market was kind of nuts this summer, and such few rental homes will allow both a cat and a dog, let alone a puppy, so we paid a bit more than I wanted ($2K/month for a 3-bd ranch home) but it works for being newcomers to the city and being able to raise a dog ourselves.

SW by 5 miles huh? I've been doing the Lorane drive via Crest/Lorane highway at least 1x per week ... do you pedal at all? Sadly, my road bike got stolen a year ago and I used the insurance money to buy my wife a trail bike, so now all I've got is an MTB. I still have my road shoes, but gave my spare SPD-SL pedals away to a friend before we moved.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

^ looking forward to it! Gotta save up some Delta miles, as they fly nonstop EUG-SEA!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

That's not a terrible drive either as long as you can time it correctly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    wyeaster, will let you know if I stick around for eclipse weekend or not!

I'm near Amazon park, up on the hill behind the masonic cemetery. We picked this spot for easy access to I5 via 30th and good for socializing our future puppy via neighbors and dog parks. Rental market was kind of nuts this summer, and such few rental homes will allow both a cat and a dog, let alone a puppy, so we paid a bit more than I wanted ($2K/month for a 3-bd ranch home) but it works for being newcomers to the city and being able to raise a dog ourselves.

SW by 5 miles huh? I've been doing the Lorane drive via Crest/Lorane highway at least 1x per week ... do you pedal at all? Sadly, my road bike got stolen a year ago and I used the insurance money to buy my wife a trail bike, so now all I've got is an MTB. I still have my road shoes, but gave my spare SPD-SL pedals away to a friend before we moved.
    Unfortunately I don't ride at all but I should start again. My fat ass could use really use it!! Bike was stolen years ago and I never replaced it.

You have prolly ridden by our place. We are at the end of Spencer Creek.

Its looking like a nice day on the hill tomorrow, if anybody wants to join? Hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I'm trying to get everything done before the blur of winter begins again.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

not surprising. glad he made it through unscathed. tough kid.

Schralph, welcome to OR -- happy to have new peeps in our humble thread

FA, glad Q had a good time -- challenging heat while he was here...at least he was up high

FatKidFromFL, have fun today

Just overheard in the office that the town of Bend is expecting 250,000 folks for next Monday's eclipse

Anyone already seeing eclipse traffic around their parts?

My friend convinced me to drive out to Painted Hills / Sutton Byway on Sunday night and try to pitch a tent on random BLM/NF roads somewhere. Have to drive through Sisters to get there ... afraid it's going to be a total junkshow.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell