Page 92 of 112 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2783
    i siped my mountain bike tires

Those tires are sipped abit for stockers. Or you can get tires sipped by a machine. He thought a lot of sipping for town driving. Ok I'm done.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

70k tread wear, bone stock ko2's. Additionally, working from home, 80%+ of my miles are to/from the mountain.

The oem Michelins are even more siped, and they're a great all season tire.

Sipping increases tire life by radiating heat. Decreases stopping distance,ect. I run a heavy traction block with sipping. Last year in Central Oregon they were titty. Only drawback is large sharp rocks chunk out pieces.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Does anyone here have a scoop on when the Palmer lift will spin? Are they even making an effort to dig out the mid-station/lift before the summer season kicks off?

I hate walking long distance and like to cheat/catch the palmer and walk the rest of the way up for a long descent down to govy.

I was up there a couple weeks ago and they had the entrance to the top station cleared. So they are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupski View Post
    I was up there a couple weeks ago and they had the entrance to the top station cleared. So they are trying.

Anybody climbing on Wed or Thurs? Hows access to Adams this week/month?

Wed. looks great for Hood, Thurs looks iffy for Adams.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Did Wyeast face Saturday morning from meadows lot. The top 2,000 ft was surprisingly good! Looking at Wednesday as well. Not sure of the route. Would be an early start... 1-2am. If it looks like it will be blue I'll be there. We are trying to pull of something that has never been done up there to my knowledge.... but need bluebird.

2016-2017 ORYGUN - Annual Pow, Beer, and Duct Tape Thread

Also, without a sled or SERIOUS road miles Adams won't be in play till at least Memorial weekend or later. Tons of snow and trees down on the road. Last year I drove within 2 miles of Morrison creek and stayed the night at the shelter. Summited the next morning and had a glorious 7,000ft+ run. Right now you're probably 7-8 road miles from Morrison Creek. Hoping to get up there ASAP with a couple people and a few sleds to check out the road and get ready for a multi-day basecamp later in the month. Basically gonna go up the road, drink a bunch of beer and build the biggest fire possible at Morrison creek to get that shelter melted out.

April 24th, 2016. I bet there is at least 4-6 feet more right now.

May 1, 2016 Morrison Creek entrance. There was probably 1-2 miles of road skinning/walking to get here from the truck.

May 2, 2016 SouthWest Chutes from about 1-1.5 miles above Morrison creek using the Shorthorn Trail. While more effort this run is much nicer than traversing back to cold springs. You can ski the SW chutes or avalanche head wall right back to your camp with little to no traversing. Over 7,000 ft from the summit.
    Last edited by CelebratedSkier; 05-01-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Saturday morning about halfway up Super Bowl.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    Did Wyeast face Saturday morning from meadows lot. The top 2,000 ft was surprisingly good! Looking at Wednesday as well. Not sure of the route. Would be an early start... 1-2am. If it looks like it will be blue I'll be there. We are trying to pull of something that has never been done up there to my knowledge.... but need bluebird.
    Sick man, good work on WyEast, that's still on my list for the spring. We're hoping the weather cooperates this weekend so we can try giving Cooper Spur a ski.

Quote Originally Posted by plurpimpin View Post
    Sick man, good work on WyEast, that's still on my list for the spring. We're hoping the weather cooperates this weekend so we can try giving Cooper Spur a ski.
    Forecast has been all over the place the last couple days. Guess that's PNW spring...

May 2, 2016 SouthWest Chutes from about 1-1.5 miles above Morrison creek using the Shorthorn Trail. While more effort this run is much nicer than traversing back to cold springs. You can ski the SW chutes or avalanche head wall right back to your camp with little to no traversing. Over 7,000 ft from the summit.
    I'd like to ski that way next time I'm up there. Always done Cold Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I'd like to ski that way next time I'm up there. Always done Cold Springs.
    Always a good way to avoid the potential cold springs shit show. I've been up there many times when CS is packed and there is literally nobody at MC

Good stuff, CS!

FA, looks like little C is progressing!

Also, without a sled or SERIOUS road miles Adams won't be in play till at least Memorial weekend or later. Tons of snow and trees down on the road. Last year I drove within 2 miles of Morrison creek and stayed the night at the shelter. Summited the next morning and had a glorious 7,000ft+ run. Right now you're probably 7-8 road miles from Morrison Creek. Hoping to get up there ASAP with a couple people and a few sleds to check out the road and get ready for a multi-day basecamp later in the month. Basically gonna go up the road, drink a bunch of beer and build the biggest fire possible at Morrison creek to get that shelter melted out.

April 24th, 2016. I bet there is at least 4-6 feet more right now.

May 1, 2016 Morrison Creek entrance. There was probably 1-2 miles of road skinning/walking to get here from the truck.

Yeah you're looking at long sled ride to access adams, friend hit it on Saturday. I didn't ask where they dropped the sleds in, but i would guess buck creek or lower. The toilets at cold springs are buried. Think I saw your skin tracks up there last april when I was checking it out.

Thanks for the Adams beta.

With Adams off the table, whats the group consensus on surface conditions for a hood summit/ski tomorrow AM?

My read is either hard snapped, wind affected, previously-slush-surface with overnight accumulation of a tiny bit... OR.... grippy-slushy-snowcone for 5k.

Anybody see the potential for a rad-ride in the forecast, and I'm being a pessimist? Or should I save my ski-day for this week for Friday @ MHM? Anybody else headed up on Friday?
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

I'm going up to TLine tomorrow. Gonna try out some new skins and maybe ride the resort a bit. Doubt I will go very high though. My wife was up yesterday and she said the mile was rock hard ice. Hoping the new skins work out and I get some turns on Palmer, I'll consider anything outside of the area a bonus.
    Forecast Friday doesn't look good enough to cash in any time off.
    Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    Thanks for the Adams beta.

With Adams off the table, whats the group consensus on surface conditions for a hood summit/ski tomorrow AM?

My read is either hard snapped, wind affected, previously-slush-surface with overnight accumulation of a tiny bit... OR.... grippy-slushy-snowcone for 5k.

Anybody see the potential for a rad-ride in the forecast, and I'm being a pessimist? Or should I save my ski-day for this week for Friday @ MHM? Anybody else headed up on Friday?

Hey I'm visiting Hood from Canada around 12-18th may, anyone wanna ski cooper spur or wyeast? Coming back after getting some gear stolen last year, really stoked this time!

Good skiin' with you and the fam today Bobby

Name:  IMG_0681.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  75.6 KB

BTW, I met the guy who absconded with the No Ganja sign at Skyliner - it's now a giant refrigerator magnet

How was the liftie leering?

Will you be @ bachelor this weekend bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen, bro. See you at lacrosse practice later.
    Ben, you're tilting at imaginary windmills...give it a rest and post something of value

Hey Ben. How ya been. Didn't know that was you. Sorry about stfu.