Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115
Results 2,851 to 2,855 of 2855
    Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Few shots of a long day on the north side.
    It's been a few weeks since I stopped by here... And this is waiting for me.... Holy shit, thanks for the July stoke, klaus! How long was the approach before skinable snow?

i took two floridians on thier first tour on Sunday... Two AT rookies with very limited ski-ability... Dad didn't make his first turn for 2000 vert. ft or so. But you know what they say: "the first turn is the hardest." Eventually, After he made one, he started linking them. We skied from about 8750 all the way to within 20ft of the car.

PSA: if you swap your roofbox to your sibling's car, make sure you bring the key for it when you go to the mountain. Needless to say, I felt like a dumbass... Wifey did me a solid and made a 6am drive to Sandy to bring it to us. Thanks BD.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

The road to cloud cap was still closed so 4 plus miles to snow. I'm still feeling it. The wild flowers through the fire zone were robust though.

came across this elevation map of mt. hood and surrounding area, figured it belonged here:

http://www.vividmaps.com/2017/07/mt-...29-meters.html
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

Climbed Bachelor on Friday. Hit snow around 6500 feet, and had steady pack above the top terminal of Sunrise. The skiing was also quite good even though I didn't start down until 11:30. No sticky snow, maybe because it was only one run on the hot wax job. But still quiet enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    Climbed Bachelor on Friday. Hit snow around 6500 feet, and had steady pack above the top terminal of Sunrise. The skiing was also quite good even though I didn't start down until 11:30. No sticky snow, maybe because it was only one run on the hot wax job. But still quiet enjoyable.
    good on ya for getting out. As if my plate couldn't get any fuller, I said "F it" and went and took another trip to the proverbial-buffet. I might get to ski again before winter...?
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business