Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Thats a lot of packaging.
    I ordered a lot of food - 3 months worth. I'll recycle it all but it's post consumer packaging to start with (I called and checked before I signed up). I know you like to buy local but you might check out their site to see all the great things they do such as their Rescue and Shelter Network:

The Chewy.com Rescue and Shelter Network is open to all registered non-profit organizations that specialize in assisting pets in need. By joining our free Rescue Network, your non-profit organization will have access to programs providing donations and fundraising opportunities.
    We are dedicated to supporting non-profit organizations that help animals in need.

Last edited by KQ; 10-23-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I order from them all the time too! I try to buy local, but the only store that carries the dog food I feed the pups is an hour away and they close early.

Another shout-out for Chewy! Went to my local Petco on Wednesday and they were out of the dry food I needed for the kittens. Honestly they are so unreliable with regard to stock, it's like they strive to keep a low inventory.

When I got home I logged on to Chewy.com - placed my order and less than 48hrs later it was delivered to my front door. No shipping cost and cheaper than I would have paid at Petco.

In the past I'm only ordered wet food for my barn cats from Chewy because as I said Petco is HORRIBLE about keeping the brand I like stocked but they were more reliable about the dry food. Think I'll be ordering both from Chewy from now on. When it comes to delivery they are the Zappos of pet food and supplies!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Chewy is reliable for me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Our Petco is hit and miss for the dogs. If I change up the diet it’s diarrhea roulette. I’ll be giving chewy a try.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Amazon carries Kirkland brand dog food, so there's no need to set foot in a Costco ever again.

I may have to check out Chewy, if they're cheaper.

We used Chewy when we lived on a 4th floor walk-up. Really nice to have the 35lb bag of food show up at your door. They were having issues keeping our brand in stock when we needed it, so we haven't used them much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Kirkland dog food is as good as other top brands. All I'm saying.
    No way. We're currently using Kirkland (their premium kind) since we're broke as crap and can't afford the good grain/veggie/filler-free stuff from the feed store any more. Now both dogs shed like mad, they require more cups per day, and they dump way more. We've switched back and forth before and every time we go to Kirkland out of necessity, the same thing happens. When we use the good stuff, their shedding goes down, their coats look shinier, their poops shrink in size, they eat maybe 2/3 as much, and generally better looking overall. Their muscle tone definitely is better on the good food. It is definitely better than Purina and some of the other cheap brands, I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Amazon carries Kirkland brand dog food, so there's no need to set foot in a Costco ever again.
    I call shenanigans. I've looked for the blue bag fish brand from Costco on Amazon. No dice. You have a link?

Our local Ace Hardware store is amazingly well stocked
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I missed this thread earlier. Let me just say fuck Costco, Petco, or any big box store. Why would I want to go in those? The quality of my life is, to a degree, inversely related to the amount of time I spend in stores.

And my UPS guy hates delivery day for cat litter too.

Do you Chewy.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I call shenanigans. I've looked for the blue bag fish brand from Costco on Amazon. No dice. You have a link?
    I buy the blue bag, although it appears to be on backorder. The green bag is in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I buy the blue bag, although it appears to be on backorder. The green bag is in stock.

Fuck yes! Thanks!

The blue bag readily agrees with my dog; he sheds less, poops less and his coat is all the better. When I previously tried to search for it, I couldn't find it. Score!

Happy to help!

Chewy is great for prescription food too. While it's not cheap, it is still cheaper than buying it from the vet. Rosie had bladder stones and had to be on special food for a while. I am slowly transitioning her off of it, but Chewy and my vet were super easy to work with getting it set up for automatic delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Chewy is great for prescription food too. While it's not cheap, it is still cheaper than buying it from the vet. Rosie had bladder stones and had to be on special food for a while. I am slowly transitioning her off of it, but Chewy and my vet were super easy to work with getting it set up for automatic delivery.
    yep, that's what I buy (prescription diet food, not the bladder stone food). Honestly, my vet is fairly competitive on price, but he doesn't deliver two 30lb bags to my front door every 10 weeks.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Some stuff may be cheaper but taste of the wild is a lot cheaper at my local farm and ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    I am strangely ok with this. I mean, just cuz I die doesn't mean they have to die.
    I'd like to think they would jump the easy fence and go get help Lassie style. So yeah, I'm dinner.

Wouldn't it be better to not feed the cats and let them kill more mice, etc. I know they'll still kill them but if they're hungry they would eat them too--less for you to clean up. A cat really isn't a domestic animal, after all.

My cat (RIP) would leave the guts on the floor. Or the ones he didn't like. Maybe he just wanted us to cook them up with a little catnip seasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to not feed the cats and let them kill more mice, etc. I know they'll still kill them but if they're hungry they would eat them too--less for you to clean up. A cat really isn't a domestic animal, after all.
    No, it is not better. My cats are all fed well (barn cats included) and they are killing machines. I esp. think it's important to feed breeding females and young cats. I've seen the difference in litters where the queen was fed a proper diet and one that lived off the land. The queens that were fed had much more robust kittens.

I've tried to shop local, especially living in a resort town. Neither of the 'local' pet stores carried my pup's food. One of the shops ordered it, but for a $20+ markup, even compared to when I lived in the city. I did it once and said never again. I still buy my dog's treats from them once in awhile if I'm in a pinch, but otherwise I use Chewy.com all the way. It really does save me money and time. No brainer. And they still hand-write their christmas cards...I don't even do that anymore.

I wondered if that card was really hand written!

Thanks. Canceled my subscription from Amazon and switched to this. Saving $20/shipment.