Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Oh and the levels of permanent eye injury is going to be off the charts, just from talking to fairly smart people I know who think that because 97% of blockage is good enough to gaze at.
    I know you can't just wear normal sunglasses, but what if you also squint really hard? That's probably good enough, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I know you can't just wear normal sunglasses, but what if you also squint really hard? That's probably good enough, right?
    Try it and report back!

Just look thru a dark beer bottle.

Just look thru a dark beer bottle.
    My my my Corona...duh duh duh du dah du dah du dah myyyy eyyyeyyye Corona

You small-mountain- town folk wouldn't have lasted an hour in Snowpocolypse ATL.

Bananas. Pfft.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You small-mountain- town folk wouldn't have lasted an hour in Snowpocolypse ATL.

Bananas. Pfft.
    Hey bmills. Where are you? By some questionable life choices I may be in Tennessee instead of Idaho for the eclipse. Want to meet for a drink roughly around somewhere?

Bananas. Pfft.
    That was one of the greatest shit shows in the history of shit shows. Fail on so many levels.

Bananas. Pfft.
    Bwahahahaha. Since I grew up in Nashville I can say this with confidence. If any major southern city was hit by one of our multi-day snowstorms with a full on ground blizzard of constant 25+mph winds pushing serious snow drifts, half the city would die in car crashes and the other half would die fighting over the last carton of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Hey bmills. Where are you? By some questionable life choices I may be in Tennessee instead of Idaho for the eclipse. Want to meet for a drink roughly around somewhere?
    Haha! I'm in ATL and would love to meet up around somewhere for a drink but I'll be traveling back from South Carolina the day of the eclipse.

Look for the walking dead like scene on I-16 that day. I'll be the guy going in the opposite direction.

That was one of the greatest shit shows in the history of shit shows. Fail on so many levels.
    To this day it ranks very high on the Ogden meter for a 3 day stretch of bizzarre fun partying.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Bwahahahaha. Since I grew up in Nashville I can say this with confidence. If any major southern city was hit by one of our multi-day snowstorms with a full on ground blizzard of constant 25+mph winds pushing serious snow drifts, half the city would die in car crashes and the other half would die fighting over the last carton of milk.
    That's assuming there's no more eggs or bread left, right?

I might be Charleston bound. I'm watching the weather. Monday changes every time I look. If there's a really good chance of clear skies, I'll be heading down. I won't be spending any time on 95 or 26, though.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I might be Charleston bound. I'm watching the weather. Monday changes every time I look. If there's a really good chance of clear skies, I'll be heading down. I won't be spending any time on 95 or 26, though.
    There's a front pushing south this weekend and it's supposed to stall out then is supposed to creep back north. Question is how far south. The forecast just got better for the mountains where I'll be. But who knows. Columbia could be the big screw zone.

I plan to cancel my work day, get a 6 pack of good beer and nice nugget and sit on the deck and crank Dark Side of the Moon and Meddle.

Supposed to be 97% here and my welding helmet will make for fine eye protection.

One of my co-workers is also the mayor of our little town. She is in full on stress mode about the eclipse. I'm wondering if she will have a breakdown by Monday morning. It's quite the show. Of course, I like to help by asking her random question about the town's preparedness and events.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    One of my co-workers is also the mayor of our little town. She is in full on stress mode about the eclipse. I'm wondering if she will have a breakdown by Monday morning. It's quite the show. Of course, I like to help by asking her random question about the town's preparedness and events.
    Ask what the contingency plan is for the banana supply.

Per OPB (our NPR), there's already traffic in Prineville heading towards the music festival (east of there)

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Ask what the contingency plan is for the banana supply.
    Oh, there were never any bananas, so crisis averted there. One of only two restaurants within a 50 mile radius may be at risk of running out of pizza supplies though. Hopefully the local rodeo club bought enough beer to keep things going at their steak fry Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Garbanzo View Post
    my welding helmet will make for fine eye protection.
    Or not. Check the shade number on your glass, needs to be #12 minimum and #13 or #14 is preferable for extended viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    We thought about driving up to Charleston for the day then thought that going to test drive minivans while gouging chopsticks into our eyes sounded like a better plan.

Sticking to HHI and driving back to the big city on Monday morning to avoid the shitshow.

I can't imagine what 95 and 26 will look like trying to get all the eclipse fans on top of regular tourist traffic down onto the peninsula.

bananas are disgusting so this shortage is fine by me

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    skid luxury

Well, family issues just might be putting the Central Oregon migration for this spectacular solar event off. (I guess there is the chance that it will flip about ten times between now and our previously planned departure...who knows what it will actually land on) I guess it's time to put together a last minute alternate plan. (This was a plan in place for...ahh, I don't know, a year?) painful...

Just went to Albertson's. It was business as usual, not too crowded, shelves/produce more stocked that usual. No worries...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Re tried to rent a car at the airport yesterday for a non-eclipse related photo shoot this weekend. There were zero vehicles available...zero. I don't know what the typical inventory is or if she tried any off-airport locations, but still. All headed to SV/Jackson/Jellystone, hopefully.
    Kayak says +633% of normal demand in SLC. Some cars available, but not cheap.

Not really a fan of bananas either.

I went and asked if they got their public bathroom / port-o-potty situation sorted out. Wow! Glad I don't need to be in town over the weekend or Monday! She tells me she doesn't want to talk about, what a mess, blah blah blah. Then proceeds to give me 30 minute rundown on the situation.

I am a little bummed that she's not working tomorrow. Oh, well, there's always text!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Per OPB (our NPR), there's already traffic in Prineville heading towards the music festival (east of there)
    The Ochoco Highway west of Prineville had a steady stream of traffic heading east this morning; lots of RVs and cars with roof-racks full of gear. The Powell Butte Store parking lot was packed. Friday evening is gonna be gridlock.

my sister is trying to leave for s.f. from eugene on i5 south right after the eclipse.