Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Howe Sound service blows and their food is mediocre. Only tourons would recommend it.

Mags99 to Americans??? Who have good Mexican food? We just like it cos we're desparate for anything. Plus its going to separate 20 people intonsmall tables

The Watershed is pretty good. Or The Nest should be able to fit your group. Both are in Brackendale.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Howe Sound service blows and their food is mediocre. Only tourons would recommend it.

Mags99 to Americans??? Who have good Mexican food? We just like it cos we're desparate for anything. Plus its going to separate 20 people intonsmall tables
    Less venom Lee.

Howe Sounds pot pies are good, and their beer is as well, but most of their standard bar food is just that, standard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaGrench View Post
    Less venom Lee.
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    hahaha
    I know eh? Imagine if I'd really cut loose

It's been decent up there this year, hopefully this current system will give us snow rather than rain so that we can carry through till end of April with a decent base. Was raining from mid Red down yesterday; snow up top (very top) was decent, but today's even warmer by a couple degrees. Wednesday's looking very warm (not sure where they're getting their potential snowfall readings when the freezing temps will be around 2000m).

Whatever, less typing, more shredding.
    Later dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMoJo View Post
    It's been decent up there this year, hopefully this current system will give us snow rather than rain so that we can carry through till end of April with a decent base. Was raining from mid Red down yesterday; snow up top (very top) was decent, but today's even warmer by a couple degrees. Wednesday's looking very warm (not sure where they're getting their potential snowfall readings when the freezing temps will be around 2000m).

Whatever, less typing, more shredding.
    Later dudes.
    I'm seeing forecasts of FLs dropping as the day goes by on Wednesday. The end of the week is calling for FLs below 1000m. Should be a great end to the week if it holds up. Since I'm taking my annual trip, we should assume all rain.

I wonder if the close-down of Spanky's late last week was due to this inbounds avy

Thats been doing the social media rounds for a while prior to Friday (when they shut down spankys)

Looks like he was about to get cliffed-out anyway. Good for the snow to give him the push he needed.

Was he okay?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Looks like he was about to get cliffed-out anyway. Good for the snow to give him the push he needed.

Was he okay?
    I believe he posted on one of the Whistler Facebook groups that he was ok from that fall, and said he felt it was a dumb move to slash into that unsupported pocket and dump his speed like that.

Forecast looking good for weekend warrioring again. Might even brave fresh tracks on Saturday after swearing it off last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I believe he posted on one of the Whistler Facebook groups that he was ok from that fall, and said he felt it was a dumb move to slash into that unsupported pocket and dump his speed like that.

Forecast looking good for weekend warrioring again. Might even brave fresh tracks on Saturday after swearing it off last year.
    Did the fresh tracks breakfast used to be run differently? I remember doing that with my old man when I was a kid - it was like a new thing. Pretty sure you had to buy the tickets for the next day's breakfast the day before, and if they sold out, too bad for you. There seemed to be way less people as well - like 200 maybe but it was a long time ago so I can't remember. And waffles. I distinctly remember waffles.

Now it's like an insane free-for-all that you need to line up at 6am for.

Did the fresh tracks breakfast used to be run differently? I remember doing that with my old man when I was a kid - it was like a new thing. Pretty sure you had to buy the tickets for the next day's breakfast the day before, and if they sold out, too bad for you. There seemed to be way less people as well - like 200 maybe but it was a long time ago so I can't remember. And waffles. I distinctly remember waffles.

I've only been skiing WB since 2010 but it's always been the same deal, you can buy tickets in advance and they aren't bound to any specific day. First 650 people are let up on a given day. You can buy tickets the morning of, but guest services doesn't open until 7am so you need someone holding your spot in line.

I think the earliest I've lined up is 5:45am on a 40cm weekend pow day 3-4 winters ago and it was worth it. Last year I showed up at 6:00am on a 20cm weekend day and the line was already back past the Pan Pacific onto Sundial crescent so I turned around and went back to bed. Swore I would never bother on a weekend again haha.

I think they just didn't get the word out as well before. It used to be a pretty good deal. Now not so much... for pow days, at least.

although I've done it a handful of times on sunny days to rip some groomers with my wife, and that was pretty good. way mellower crowds and you get bacon and some corduroy laps... which is something I'm not used to chasing, but still fun.
    Last edited by Judo Chop!; 03-15-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    although I've done it a handful of times on sunny days to rip some groomers with my wife, and that was pretty good. way mellower crowds and you get bacon and some corduroy laps... which is something I'm not used to chasing, but still fun.
    that's always been my way to do it too, show up on non pow weekend morning at 7:30, go up have leisurely breakfast and gorge myself, go rip groomers

Anyone know when Magic chair runs until (seriously)? Trying to figure out how late one can have a beer @ Handlebar and make it back to Base 2 without walking to the village for Excalibur.

I think it's 5, or maybe 5:30. Last time I was up, I was having a pint and to got carried away till 5:35 and had to walk to Excalibur. Magic was still turning, but the liftie wouldn't let me on. It was only a 10, maybe 15 min walk to excalibur but it sucked in ski boots. Some asshole told me magic was open till 6, and that's why I stayed.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I think it's 5, or maybe 5:30. Last time I was up, I was having a pint and to got carried away till 5:35 and had to walk to Excalibur. Magic was still turning, but the liftie wouldn't let me on. It was only a 10, maybe 15 min walk to excalibur but it sucked in ski boots. Some asshole told me magic was open till 6, and that's why I stayed.
    If that liftie lets you on he has to wait another 20 minutes for you to get off at the top!

That ski down to the village from the magic chair always makes me feel super drunk - it takes me a few minutes to remember my ski boots are all undone. maybe I am drunk...

umm.... or you could just walk the 500m.

In AT boots yeah... painful in alpine boots.

How's the snow today? Another 20cm enough to cover up the rain crust? Gonna be skiing resort from the looks of the avalanche forecast.

Props to Whistler patrol for helping my buddy today. Busted femur on the first run of the day. Everyone was great in helping him and our group out.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    How's the snow today? Another 20cm enough to cover up the rain crust? Gonna be skiing resort from the looks of the avalanche forecast.
    Visibility was brutal in the alpine, but snow was good. Crust was still there for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    umm.... or you could just walk the 500m.
    But my place is another 750m after that, so.... gotta minimize the pain. And magic chair back to base counts as another run on the day so bob's your uncle.

Just best to call last run as you're going up it to be safe.