Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    TGR rumours always seem to be accurate. i'll take it! i forget - is early opening usually just whis or bcomb too? would be nice to get a bump up to some glacier touring
    Just whis

Hmm, would've expected an announcement today if Saturday was a go (looking at last few years, for Saturday early openings they announced on Tuesday).

They need a few days to build hype for the double overhead blower in Red/Emerald trees.

gotta be able to blow snow to the bottom of red.

this is why i never trust TGR rumours - never accurate!

Anyone have a recommendation for a Canadian immigration lawyer? A friend needs some advice regarding visiting Canada and getting a visa. PM me if you got one. Thanks y'all!

EDIT: scratch this request. Found one.
    Last edited by meter-man; 11-16-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m890f5 View Post
    Rumour has it whistler is opening this weekend!
    Looks purdy up there, but I'm highly doubtful they'll be opening this weekend. And even if they do, I'm likely not gonna go.

Big front moves in Friday-Sunday. Au naturale. That should get things moving, but we need 1m fresh on top of what's coming to make it at all worthy. Not to mention, it's still green down here at ground zero.

It is what it is - Mother Nature and Ullr will decide when it's ripe.

Looks like WB is expected to get ~30" between now and opening day. I spoke with a girl on the phone today from Whistler and, after some flirting, she slipped that they'd be opening earlier than 11/24

Double overhead blower for first lap in VD confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Denks View Post
    Looks like WB is expected to get ~30" between now and opening day. I spoke with a girl on the phone today from Whistler and, after some flirting, she slipped that they'd be opening earlier than 11/24
    Did you get her number? Maybe come up early regardless... Wouldn't hurt.

I'm still waiting for 1.5m at Pig Alley at which time I'll consider going up. But that could all happen and more within the next 7 days. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Denks View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read on their website just the other day that they'd be opening on the 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Double overhead blower for first lap in VD confirmed.
    Yep.

Snorkel needed on Excitation.

Already all poached out.

Imagine.

I guess that rumor was true:

Whistler Mountain will begin operations for the 2016.17 winter season one day ahead of schedule on Wednesday, November 23. Thanks to the recent colder temperatures and natural snowfall over the last week our operations team has been able to get Whistler Mountain ready to open one day early.
    Blackcomb Mountain will open as scheduled on Thursday, November 24.

On November 23, guests will have the option to upload Whistler Mountain via the Whistler Village Gondola or Creekside Gondola. First upload will be at 8:30am with last upload from the valley at 2:00pm. Skiing and boarding is open until 3:00pm with a mandatory download in effect on both gondolas. There will be limited terrain open and early season hazards will exist.

On November 24, the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola and Blackcomb Mountain will open with uploading via the Excalibur Gondola and Excelerator Express. First upload will begin at 8:30am with last upload from the valley at 2:00pm and skiing and boarding until 3:00pm. Mandatory download will be in effect with limited terrain open and early season hazards.
    https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/mo...s-of-operation

Anyone in the gondi line yet?

Looks like it will be deep!

Some dickhead parked something right in front of the webcam. How am I supposed to play along at home??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4garbos.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	193313

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Looks like it will be deep!
    Wooooot!!!

Over 14" in the last 24hr... Over 4ft base. Judging by the number of cars coming up the hwy yesterday it's going to be a CFR of roughly 9.5 today. I'm bowing out on today - likely up tomorrow, Friday and then off the hill for the weekend.

Line up is there already. Clanking poles, boots, hangovers, boarders with their asses showing, standard "look at me I'm first day frothing" material.

More snow incoming.

Let's hear some reports, must have been pretty solid. Was surprised they were going to try for the T-Bars as I have never seen that on opening date (then again this is a late one).

Looks like weather might clear up a bit on the weekend... should be good for some mellow inbounds touring pending stability.

hoping for some good inbounds touring this weekend too, as i imagine the crowds will be retarded. actually hoping for the T-bars to stay closed to limit access to the harmony zone.

the resort is cool with touring any zone that doesn't have an avy closure right? i don't think i've ever gotten a clear answer about this

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Let's hear some reports, must have been pretty solid. Was surprised they were going to try for the T-Bars as I have never seen that on opening date (then again this is a late one).

Looks like weather might clear up a bit on the weekend... should be good for some mellow inbounds touring pending stability.
    had 5 good knee deep laps before work today! t-bar hadn't cracked when I left yet, still lots of holes and sharks lurking, many a jerry trying to pull themselves out of cross ditches, creeks, and other holes. Looks like tonihgts/tomorrows forecast has generally held through the week, here's hoping for ski outs by the weekend!

Yeah was fun up there. Blackcomb opening tomorrow.

suspecting that the weekend crowds will be bananas up there.... contemplating a recon mission out to Manning or something like that. Poach some powder laps out there... will need to investigate freezing level a bit more, but I feel it should be okay.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Balls deep in the right places, some great first turns today

Quite a few skinning or hiking to Gunbarrels ray. Patrol was fine with it

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Quite a few skinning or hiking to Gunbarrels ray. Patrol was fine with it
    good to know, thanks

holy balls another 41 cm overnight. i'm frothing for the weekend!