Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    with the snowline as low as it is, i'm still finding it hard to justify driving north of squamish

Is there anywhere in the Village to sneak a smoke? Are there smoking cops ready to bust ya?

Yep, they use all the security cameras to find you and send a dog to take you down....

Just hike up to Stu's to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Just hike up to Stu's to be safe.
    Thx. Looks the first significant snowfall in a while will be greeting us upon our arrival. You're welcome.

(PS I think I just got burned, pun intended)

Last time I was there you freakin' canuks smoked everywhere, eh.
    Last edited by k2skier112; 01-12-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Thx. Looks the first significant snowfall in a while will be greeting us upon our arrival. You're welcome.

(PS I think I just got burned, pun intended)

Last time I was there you freakin' canuks smoked everywhere, eh.
    If you want a serious answer, just duck in to some trees to be safe or smoke on your balcony. Walking down the middle of the village while you hammer on a blunt isn't recommended, but has happened before.

Hah, I thought he was talking cigs...

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Funny - that never even crossed my mind. There was a time when it would have been the opposite. My how times have changed.

Speaking of covert smoking, I'm always up for beta on hidden little hideaways on the mountain to puff a little dragon and/or share a beer if anyone wants to fire a PM or better yet just show me. And I don't even really like weed, it just seems like the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    both actually. on my first visit in 1984 u fuckers still smoked in grocery stores! eh

Funny - that never even crossed my mind. There was a time when it would have been the opposite. My how times have changed.

Speaking of covert smoking, I'm always up for beta on hidden little hideaways on the mountain to puff a little dragon and/or share a beer if anyone wants to fire a PM or better yet just show me. And I don't even really like weed, it just seems like the right thing to do.
    we arrive on the 16th, eh
    Last edited by k2skier112; 01-13-2017 at 09:55 AM. Reason: grammer, eh

Pack rainwear...gonna be a shit ton of rain at the base...heavy snow above 1500m

Quote Originally Posted by Primasativa View Post
    Pack rainwear...gonna be a shit ton of rain at the base...heavy snow above 1500m
    Bring it, they need sum. Were used to snain from the Cascades

Skied an E facing slope next to Vista Bowl dropping off Spearhead Glacier down towards Decker Glacier. New to us this slope had beautiful creamy wind transported snow all the way. S facing slopes of Circle Lk and Bodybag skied like ass. Cham Chutes looked fine. Chisel looked firm.

-5 in alpine - 15 in valley. Winds light. Skies initially high cloud then broken. Stiff wind slab on ridgelines and on N and NW slopes making for entertaining sidehilling

Decent firm snow for the top 1/2 of twisting couloir turning into all time shit in the choke. Entertaining day none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Decent firm snow for the top 1/2 of twisting couloir turning into all time shit in the choke. Entertaining day none the less.
    Wow i would not be going for something with that much exposure after the winds we have been having (not for avi's but for just overall sketchyness). Nice work though!

Got any pics?
    Edit: Just saw your photo stream. Looks tr worthy!

have a great trip! stay safe!

I have a trip planned for the week after next. How much rain is expected? Enough to make ski in to the village sketchy?

Quote Originally Posted by m1ab34 View Post
    I have a trip planned for the week after next. How much rain is expected? Enough to make ski in to the village sketchy?
    A shit ton in the village...many inches....but turning back to all show again by Thursday
    http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...kcomb/6day/bot

Looking Large for my arrival next Thursday...
    http://www.whistlerpeak.com/#AlpineForecast

Yeah, snow mid mountain and up looks massive. I get there 1/24.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    have a great trip! stay safe!
    We made it to North Vancouver. Gonna do the Capilano suspension bridge in the morning then heading to Whistler. Thursday is looking suweet for our heli day. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by m1ab34 View Post
    It's been cold for such a long time, they've pumped over 200,000,000 gallons of water in to their snowmaking ops. The man-made stuff is always pretty resilient - a few days of Whistler pineapple weather shouldn't make much of a dent at all. Woods and "off-piste" will be variable, but welcome to Whistler Blackcomb that's what we signed up for.

It's been cold for such a long time, they've pumped over 200,000,000 gallons of water in to their snowmaking ops. The man-made stuff is always pretty resilient - a few days of Whistler pineapple weather shouldn't make much of a dent at all. Woods and "off-piste" will be variable, but welcome to Whistler Blackcomb that's what we signed up for.
    Works for me. I plan on being upper mountain most of the time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Wow i would not be going for something with that much exposure after the winds we have been having (not for avi's but for just overall sketchyness). Nice work though!

Got any pics?
    Edit: Just saw your photo stream. Looks tr worthy!
    Yeah, we all thought the same, the original plan was to take a peek at joffre couloir, but it's not filled in enough, and the wind didn't help. Aussie couloir would have been decent (came up that way), but after poking around the upper part of twisting, we decided to give it a go (two of us have skied it once before).

It was pretty good skiing for the top 1/2... the bottom was another story... Seriously forgot how steep that line is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16123177_385280858493826_2334192335987933184_n.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	197360

Anyone have opinions with the bootfitting & binding work done at the mad dogs in Abbotsford? Or do you recommend a a better shop for that in the Vancouver area?

Probably not the place to ask but I don't want to start a new thread. Any info is appreciated.