Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 544
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    2,333
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    had 5 good knee deep laps before work today! t-bar hadn't cracked when I left yet, still lots of holes and sharks lurking, many a jerry trying to pull themselves out of cross ditches, creeks, and other holes. Looks like tonihgts/tomorrows forecast has generally held through the week, here's hoping for ski outs by the weekend!
    Sounds like a pretty damn good opening day from all reports. Saw some pretty nice looking pics of Gun Barrels... I love getting out there before Harmony opens. Weekend is looking awesome with the chance of OK visibility and winds calming down but crowds and traffic are going to be intense. We've got American long weekend, a late opening (by traditional standards), the Vail/Epic pass thing giving Americans free days, weak CAD and the hype machine in full swing.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    9,806


    31cms new reported. They lied. More like 40 to 50

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    bestcoast
    Posts
    1,349
    can confirm deepness...ugggggghhhhhhhhhh, such a good morning!


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Whistler
    Posts
    1,010
    Anything left for tomorrow? I had to work

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Whizzzzz.....BC
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    Anything left for tomorrow? I had to work
    Yeppers...

    Still puking and will continue overnight.

    Top was amazingly deep and light snow - by mid it became toothpaste, but still fun. What a day, what a killer opening day on Blackcomb. Jersey was so choice. Pillows underneath still need some more coverage in the landing zones but absolutely 100% ZERO complaints for "early season condies". Stay on course and there was snorkel material with enough turn at foot.

    Back up tomorrow. Yip Yip!!

    (fun carnage to watch too - people in the creeks, lost gear under 4ft of fresh, the cartwheeling snowboarders hitting knolls that weren't visible, but so many smiles - throughout all the carnage, everyone was laughing and having a hoot... loved it!!)
    ____________________________________________
    Skier, surfer, lover of life...
    And self-admitted adrenaline junkie.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    9,806
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    Anything left for tomorrow? I had to work
    Yah lots. Lots of wind at Crystal so lift didnt run. Could skin up to it so tried out some new On3P Steeple98s.

    Like was said there's no meaningful base so its a little bit easy to dive to ground so best to find slopes steep enough to plane and keep a bit of speed




  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Whizzzzz.....BC
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Yah lots. Lots of wind at Crystal so lift didnt run.
    LOL....

    That first pic looks like you've got an ON3P snowboard beside you - took me a moment.

    Wind was nuts - had to take the P2P over to Whistler to give a lesson and holy shiznit it was seriously blowing on that end (SE storm direction, makes sense...nutso!!). Was good to get back to Blackcomb when that lil' gig was finished.

    Tomorrow winds are calming and we should still have another 20-25cm additional from the time I walked away from the mountain late this afternoon to opening tomorrow.
    ____________________________________________
    Skier, surfer, lover of life...
    And self-admitted adrenaline junkie.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    365
    Thanks everyone for heading over to blackcomb today. I had whistler pretty much all to myself. The 30-40cm overnight filled in everything that was tracked from yesterday. Have to be careful out there. It's so deep and soft that it would be easy to get into a whole lotta trouble, esp those tree wells. Make sure you're with a buddy if you plan on venturing off the main runs.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Whizzzzz.....BC
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard604 View Post
    Thanks everyone for heading over to blackcomb today. I had whistler pretty much all to myself. The 30-40cm overnight filled in everything that was tracked from yesterday. Have to be careful out there. It's so deep and soft that it would be easy to get into a whole lotta trouble, esp those tree wells. Make sure you're with a buddy if you plan on venturing off the main runs.
    Truth.

    But you missed the people just stuck like flies in a web in the creeks at the bottom of the roped off runs on Black. It was priceless. They'd struggle - wriggle around - skis in the air - on their backs - skis on one side of the bank, helmet on the other - just FUBAR'd and no way out.

    Water gently washing over their coats and under their backs. Spouses screaming at spouses. The shame and indignity having left what I am sure to them felt like hours prior.
    ____________________________________________
    Skier, surfer, lover of life...
    And self-admitted adrenaline junkie.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Outside
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowMoJo View Post
    Truth.

    But you missed the people just stuck like flies in a web in the creeks at the bottom of the roped off runs on Black. It was priceless. They'd struggle - wriggle around - skis in the air - on their backs - skis on one side of the bank, helmet on the other - just FUBAR'd and no way out.

    Water gently washing over their coats and under their backs. Spouses screaming at spouses. The shame and indignity having left what I am sure to them felt like hours prior.
    Tell me someone took a picture of this.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Whizzzzz.....BC
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Tell me someone took a picture of this.
    I didn't personally, but there were lots of people, friends of those in the drink and those who'd gotten out first, who were readied to help get their buds and ladies OUT but just before offering a "pole end" or the like, said, "oooh, wait a sec, lemme just grab my phone, I gotta take a picture of this". LOL...

    True story, I pulled off several times in these areas for a breather and this was happening with regularity.

    By the way, another 35cm reported overnight, judging from my back deck I'd say 40cm easily on the mountains with wind zones offering waist+ deep again today.
    ____________________________________________
    Skier, surfer, lover of life...
    And self-admitted adrenaline junkie.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Maple Syrup and Lumberjacks, eigh.
    Posts
    3,669
    Today is looking promising. I'll be in a purple jacket/green helmet on bros if anyone needs change for a nickel.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Outside
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowMoJo View Post
    I didn't personally, but there were lots of people, friends of those in the drink and those who'd gotten out first, who were readied to help get their buds and ladies OUT but just before offering a "pole end" or the like, said, "oooh, wait a sec, lemme just grab my phone, I gotta take a picture of this". LOL...

    True story, I pulled off several times in these areas for a breather and this was happening with regularity.

    By the way, another 35cm reported overnight, judging from my back deck I'd say 40cm easily on the mountains with wind zones offering waist+ deep again today.
    That's fucking awesome. From a week of shit weather that had everyone wondering if 2016/17 was gonna be a shitty start, to a monster storm that shat snow all the way to the village and made for what looks like the most epic season opener possible.

    Hope it doesn't get all tracked out until I can get there in Jan. More pics/stoke please in the meantime.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Van
    Posts
    630
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	193466

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	193466
    that looks glorious! what,an opening weekend.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    2,333
    I hear patrol was doing AC today, are they allowing any hiking? Hopeful boundaries are open tomorrow, and thankful for the AC work!!!

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Van
    Posts
    630
    There has been AC every day.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    2,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    There has been AC every day.
    How are the temp boundaries working with that? Guessing they aren't letting people up to Peak or Blackcomb alpine? Just lower Harmony ridge and Crystal? Trying to figure out where to go tomorrow.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,077
    Fingers crossed for crystal opening tomorrow? pretty please?

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Van
    Posts
    630
    wouldn't that be a delightful saturday.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    6,079
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Fingers crossed for crystal opening tomorrow? pretty please?
    It will be sloppy seconds. According to my social feed the usual suspects have already tracked out the good lines off Crystal today.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    bestcoast
    Posts
    1,349
    lots of heli bombing this morning on whistler, t-bars opened just before lunch...I'd bet peak/harmony are a go for tomorrow, although I have zero actual verifiable information to back that up

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    9,806
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    It will be sloppy seconds. According to my social feed the usual suspects have already tracked out the good lines off Crystal today.
    Another 30 cms new today. Temps -4 at treeline. Winds backed off so toured off resort into trees. Approx 140cms new over the last 24h in some windloaded zones.

    It shouldn't need to be repeated that pillows and features are still really hollow so keep your heads up, your tips up and your speed up especially at lower elevations where, for all practical purposes there is no base.


  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    It will be sloppy seconds. According to my social feed the usual suspects have already tracked out the good lines off Crystal today.
    Considering I've been in the office all week, I'll take what I can get.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whistler, BC
    Posts
    1,164
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1480128299.466783.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	955.3 KB 
ID:	193513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1480128347.064467.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	762.9 KB 
ID:	193514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1480128380.978125.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	688.1 KB 
ID:	193515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1480128403.510864.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	775.3 KB 
ID:	193516

    You get the picture
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Whelk View Post
    a more stupid motherfuck does not exist.
    Big Balls is worst asshat kind.
    kind that wear bukkake from above.
    with warm drown he gurgles final death, for one time not worried about his misplaced import known of african american social standing and prominent community members. for he is only drown, as is the way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •