Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
    nice work! lifts were only opening at 10 am on may 2. to get into the alpine by sunrise, i guess you either camped or started from base 2 at 3 am?

i had a much mellower day at cypress today. couple afternoon laps on perfect corn. crazy how much snow there still is.

Anyone know if 711 is going to do day passes from whistler next year? Looking for an alternative to the 5 day edge card.

Quote Originally Posted by creekstone View Post
    Anyone know if 711 is going to do day passes from whistler next year? Looking for an alternative to the 5 day edge card.
    I thought they stopped the 7-11 day passes a few years back when RFID came in?

I have 1 day left on my edge card.

Think it's worth a drive for some weekday spring skiing?
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by creekstone View Post
    Vail doesn't generally sell discounted day tickets, in order to drive Epic Pass sales.
    I'm surprised they are still selling the Edge cards and will probably faze them out.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I have 1 day left on my edge card.

Think it's worth a drive for some weekday spring skiing?
    We're using our last day Saturday the 20th. Finally looks like some spring weather...fingers crossed.

Sweet pow today up high. May 13th. What a season.

Will Spanky's be open this weekend? Can you access it from 7th Heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Will Spanky's be open this weekend? Can you access it from 7th Heaven?
    I believe Spanky's is not "officially open" nowadays, but patrol just puts a "Boundary: Out of Bounds" sign up there, so you are allowed to ski Spanky's zone as "backcountry" terrain. So yes, ski in there, but it is not ski patrol's job to sweep or rescue you in there.

Yes, you can get to Spanky's from top of 7th Heaven with a tiny bit of uphill walking/skating, but I think Glacier chair will operate on SAT & SUN to deliver you right there. NOTE: Patrol has been closing 7th Heaven zone early (noon-ish) on the hottest days due to risk of wet slides, and there have indeed been many slides in that area. AND forecast is for super-hot days this weekend, so if patrol closes 7th Heaven while you are there, then Spanky's zone is likely also high risk at the same time, and not patrolled.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Spankys was open Friday, but was an avalanche closure on Saturday. We went into Rendezvous for carb loading @ 1:15, when we came out at 1:30, Glacier, Hortsman and 7th were closed form avi danger. Fun last day for us