Kastle LX 98 as tele daily driver?

195#, 6'3", tele skier. Considering replacing my old old old Atomic TM 22 skis. Also have G3 El Hombres.

Seems I can get an in the wrapper pair for about $300-350.

Good choice or no? Just curious.

Well, can't say for so', but since you're looking at a soft-ish women's ski and weigh 195 lb, I'd say no. On the other hand, it's hard to get more noodly than your old TM 22s.

I'd probably keep looking, lots of good deals to be found in that price range.

Well, that is a little tricky without any idea of what you ski, where you ski, and how you ski.

Seems like you are comparing a softish groomer ski to a stiffish backcountry ski. Pretty different. Both hugely different from a TM22.

In General: If you are planning on moving a pair of Targas (or similar) on to new boards, use T-2 or similar, and like to put your knee down on the front ski, it probably doesn't matter.

If you are thinking of entering the more modern world of tele- Get just about anything made in the last 5 years, Gear Swap is your friend. Mount them with Hammerheads adjusted to position 3 or 4. Ski for half a season. Figure out what you do and don't like about that set up. Sell for what you paid. Buy exactly what you want.

If your ski budget is 300-350, you can get all kinds of decent skis. You can get used skis that are just fine on Gear Swap for <150.

Very hard to answer (probably dangerous, even) from the little info you offer, but I'm going to assume your looking for something that is going to be mostly used for lift/resort skiing, generally on firmer snow (based entirely on the fact that that's what the TM 22s were aimed at and you have the Hombres for softer snow). Therefore, Imma save you some time and $$$ - there are much better skis for that than the LX 98, sooooo ....... bad choice.