Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    I have a 2 axis wearable gimbal, it only cost $100. It works, and it's so cheap I don't mind if I break it. But not as good as the more expensive ones I'm sure, but it's pretty cool.
    What brand and model?
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Feiyu Tech 2 axis wearable gimbal

That 2 axis Feiyu sounds like the go to for "normal" people.

What's the deal with the Gopro Karma handle? They say it doubles as a wearable gimbal, but looks like you're strapping an old 4 D-cell MagLite to your chest. Seems impractical. Maybe not so much?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    That 2 axis Feiyu sounds like the go to for "normal" people.

What's the deal with the Gopro Karma handle? They say it doubles as a wearable gimbal, but looks like you're strapping an old 4 D-cell MagLite to your chest. Seems impractical. Maybe not so much?
    it's pretty big, haven't tried yet myself but some say it's not as bad as it looks. Gopro is supposed to release an extension cable to allow you to put the grip piece at your backpack or whatever. Saw a youtube review the other day saying karma is pretty much the only one to handle the new hero5 weight but the evo ss should work pretty well with a hero4

https://youtu.be/vH3Y91kP_HA

^ i think andrew uses the Feiyu too - it has broken a couple times, but they replaced it and their wiring has gotten much more beefy in the few versions we have seen

the karma handle looks awesome- I think we are set to get one any day (they were sold out- much more popular than the gopro drone)
    looks good but yea will need to strap it on somehow
    skid luxury

here's my hope for a late release by gopro, a much smaller grip with no controls that has the battery and a power button to start the karma, so becomes better as wearable and you still have the huge grip to use as a handheld, not sure how big the battery is but seems like this would be doable!

also wtf does the karma charges the gopro?!?! doesn't make any sense!!!

gang I just saw these FS in JH - the ad is a week old now but maybe still there
    can't beat fiddy bucks
    http://classifieds.jacksonhole.media...ting-9285.aspx
    skid luxury

Was all primed to use my 20% off code at REI to get a Hero5 Session. Went in, listened to some dumbass read the information on the box to me for about 15 min, then took it up to the register to buy it. Found out Action Cams were excluded from the discount.
    The more I think about:
    1. High cost due in large part to illegal price fixing.
    2. Requisite requirement of a gimbal for quality picture on mountain bike.
    3. High likelihood that this will be used to make one elaborate video, followed by hundreds of hours of collecting raw footage that will then sit in digital memory forever .......... like 99% of all video cameras EVER.
    The more I think my money might be better spent on food, drugs, fuel, lift tickets and hotels. And the more I suspect this is why GoPro got really big really fast and is suddenly dying a relatively quick death as everyone in the world ponders my above mentioned realizations.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Was all primed to use my 20% off code at REI to get a Hero5 Session. Went in, listened to some dumbass read the information on the box to me for about 15 min, then took it up to the register to buy it. Found out Action Cams were excluded from the discount.
    The more I think about:
    3. High likelihood that this will be used to make one elaborate video, followed by hundreds of hours of collecting raw footage that will then sit in digital memory forever .......... like 99% of all video cameras EVER.
    The more I think my money might be better spent on food, drugs, fuel, lift tickets and hotels. And the more I suspect this is why GoPro got really big really fast and is suddenly dying a relatively quick death as everyone in the world ponders my above mentioned realizations.
    you are so right. I primarly use this for kiting, and the footy just gets old. even when i use it in exotic places.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Is there an app that will let you make exposure edits?

I took a night vid and was hoping to brighten it. The typical"editing" apps just give you a filter or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    let me check with andrew as I am a pretty basic user but he does a lot of night shots/time lapses so I bet will know
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Argh exposure. Any sun at all and snow is overexposed on my GoPro footage. Very annoying. Is there a hidden setting I haven't found for bright settings? I can't imagine it's not there somewhere but I've been lame figured it out yet
    no one posted on this, so here's the solution in gopro studio

md779f Guest
    Adobe is the best one! I used this for once!

Premiere is pretty legit. If you have a gopro you should also be able to get the cineform codecs :-O

the gimbal that came with the karma drone was awesome. I think that is available now standalone.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.