Scarpa Mobe In Alpine Bindings

I have a pair of Scarpa Mobe boots which I have toured in with Dynafit bindings the past couple
    of seasons. I am going to be doing a lot more resort skiing this year. I want to keep using the boots but would like to put an alpine binding on my skis and my Dynafit's on a dedicated touring setup. I have looked at Duke's and that type of binding for my resort set up but have also wondered if anyone has experience or knowledge of Mobe's in an alpine binding. Scarpa's website says no to Mobe's in an alpine binding. https://www.scarpa.com/mobe

Does anyone have any advice or experience with a Mobe or touring boot in an alpine binding?

Thanks

I have Mobe's and have used them in Dukes, and Guardians before, but never in my true Alpine clamps. That being that, some of the new bindings that are WTR compatible/have adjustable toe heights should work. The front lip on the Mobe is pretty aggressive so I ground down a little bit of the rocker on the sole but I would think you could get away with them in some of those adjustable ones nowadays, but I wouldn't trust them in an old set of PX18's by any means to release properly.

people use AT boots in alpine bindings, its not recommended, I wouldn't but lots of people do lots of people do things I wouldn't recommend

this year I found a used baron/lotus 120 for the hill, its heavey but it does tour and will SAFELY take my alpine boots
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Noonan View Post
    That being that, some of the new bindings that are WTR compatible/have adjustable toe heights should work.
    WTR bindings like the STH2 and WTR Dual do not have sliding AFD's and aren't officially seen as compatible with ISO 9523 soles like on the Mobe. Look for alpine bindings with the letters "MNC" (Multi-Norm Compatible) or SoleID on them; these are designed to work properly with alpine touring soles. At the moment, the alpine bindings that fit that description are the 2017 Marker Jester and Griffon ID, the Marker Lord SP, and the Salomon or Atomic Warden 13 (not the Warden 11).

Quote Originally Posted by dyermaker41 View Post
    I have a pair of Scarpa Mobe boots which I have toured in with Dynafit bindings the past couple
    of seasons. I am going to be doing a lot more resort skiing this year. I want to keep using the boots but would like to put an alpine binding on my skis and my Dynafit's on a dedicated touring setup. I have looked at Duke's and that type of binding for my resort set up but have also wondered if anyone has experience or knowledge of Mobe's in an alpine binding. Scarpa's website says no to Mobe's in an alpine binding. https://www.scarpa.com/mobe

Does anyone have any advice or experience with a Mobe or touring boot in an alpine binding?

Thanks
    I ran a BD Prime in an older Rossi Axial2 for a few resort days a few years ago. Stumbled a bit over some chunder on one run and the boot 1/2 released from the toe and never totally came out. Didn't hurt myself but illustrated the non floating AFD restriction with the vibram sole.

Since then I've been using Salomon Warden MNC 13's for resort days with a Scarpa Freedom SL with the regular touring blocks. Never had any issues with this setup.

Thanks for your help. I will look into the MNC bindings.

Moving afd
    And there is a thread about this
    Mobe those boots hurt me so much
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Ive used mine in dukes and wardens with no problem, because they have adjustable toe height and sliding afd.
    Ive used them in normal alpine clamps, and you can literally feel the sole of the boot flatten when you step in. Which makes them very uncomfortable and of course release questionably.