Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Quote Originally Posted by groundcontrol323 View Post
    So, Ford is still alive, and Dolores really killed his hybrid/host...right?
    I don't think so. The exit wound and decomp present when they found his body indicated that it was a human body. Besides, why kill your host copy and have your aging 80+ year-old human body live on? Killing your human body and transplanting your consciousness into an immortal host body makes a lot more sense.

Of course, there appears to be a fairly short time window between William's final meeting with James Delos' copy, Bernard's first visit where he prints a control unit and kills everyone there, and the gala massacre. Presumably, if Ford had found out about the project he would have also known that it hadn't worked, and it doesn't seem like he would have had the time to work out the bugs himself before implementing his "final solution." Though, maybe he had known longer and had been secretly working on solving the problem himself for some time. Regardless, my guess is that the control unit Bernard pocketed was destined for the host body Ford was building in his own secret facility where Bernard killed Theresa. Who that host body will turn out to be is anyone's guess, though Ford is the most obvious.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 05-15-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Let's really get wild - maybe the process of transferring/uploading a human consciousness into a host has at least two steps, copying the human consciousness first into a temporary holding unit (or even the "control unit" Bernard pocketed), and then transferring to the host recipient. Perhaps it was the second step that was the problem with Delos. Then again, this brings us dangerously close to Chappie territory, which I've already made clear is out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    That whole battle scene was poorly-done, TBH. It's only one part of the season but it bothers me to no end.

"Let's line everyone up on an open battlefield and slowly advance to their fort, without wearing helmets. Also, let's use unarmored and unarmed vehicles that we drive straight at them in tight formation. We can have guys hanging off the side of the vehicles, shooting from the hip! Air cover or artillery? Nahhh, there's no point in trying anything else. A frontal assault it is then."

Their security teams were trained by people who failed out of Stormtrooper Academy.
    ....because why use aircraft amirite? let's just march to our deaths

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Used to be Dolores until she started murdering humans.
    oh Mulva....

we hardly knew ye

They're essentially mall cops, not the military.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Agree; limited resources due to unprecedented situation and inability to readjust to new reality of sentient hosts. You guys are taking this way too seriously.
    It was a shit episode though.

Another snoozer. A bloody snoozer, but a snoozer nonetheless. Oooh, Maeve has superpowers now and Teddy is getting reprogrammed to become a dutiful ruthless soldier. Yawn. Dolores-Teddy sex scene was painful to watch.

Why did Maeve wait till AFTER the geisha had gotten stabbed, to mind control everyone?? Seems like she should've just done that right off the bat

Very disappointed. Yawn

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Yeah, there seem to be a growing number of plot holes or plot devices which are silly or nonsensical. Last episode didn't hold my attention well.

Damn shame.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Why did Maeve wait till AFTER the geisha had gotten stabbed, to mind control everyone?? Seems like she should've just done that right off the bat
    Like they haven't been wireless this whole time?!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    This didn’t really bother me at all. Up until she took control you could say she was still finding her voice and was probably pretty scared at her inability to control the shogun with his cortical leak. This made him a wild card and she’s trying to not die.

I really liked the past two episodes. To me they were an improvement over the start of the season. I really dug the parallel to the Westworld storyline and the Wu-Tang cover.

Still processing ep 4

Back to the beginning. Storyline makes you think its Ford getting the processor. The whole episode is centered around self discovery on Bernards part.

The processor was for him.

This season has been a disappointment, overall. Mood over story, and it ain’t working.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

I'm hoping a lot of these strings tie together for a nice payoff, but otherwise I agree.

I did enjoy the Japanese instrumental version of C.R.E.A.M. however.

^ the music/score and cinematography for Westworld have been superb, as is the case with most showpiece HBO series. The plot and pacing, however... leave something to be desired. I really hope they don't follow the GoT blueprint of dragging out multiple slow as fuck storylines over several seasons, only to suddenly start rushing them ahead as fast as possible as the show nears its end

Also, whats the deal with William's daughter?? Has she been running around Shogun World trying to find the "center of the maze" while her dad does the same in in Westworld?? How did he not know that

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm hoping a lot of these strings tie together for a nice payoff, but otherwise I agree.

I did enjoy the Japanese instrumental version of C.R.E.A.M. however.
    I get the feeling there's no way this season is going to wrap things up as satisfyingly as last season did.

It’s a shame poor Teddy got mind fucked by Delores. No nicebots allowed

Back on track. The control unit was indeed for Ford and he's God now. Ohhh shit.

Naw ..... nobody get's out alive, not even God

Looking pretty God-like at the moment! At least inside the park. I really would have liked to see Dolores open up Charlotte's skull.

The time and story line jumps are getting in the way too much - bordering on annoying. A whole new story line with the Indian? Granted Zahn McClarnon aka Hanzee Dent, is always appreciated, but it's the last episode of the season fer cryin' out loud.

I keep falling asleep when I watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    A whole new story line with the Indian?
    The Indians are over at The Raj. The Ghost Nation guy is the other host who was with Angela for the demo they gave Logan in episode 2, so he's got a story to tell. There's also weird shit going on with the Ghost Nation protecting guests, trying to take Sizemore away from Maeve's group, Dolores killing them selectively, and there was some stuff mentioned last season about them being on an older part of the network. They're definitely more than just bogeymen.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    but it's the last episode of the season fer cryin' out loud.
    Seriously? Only eight episodes for this season? That is some bullshit.