Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Westworld

I was fairly disappointed. I'm also really tired of this "after credits bonus" stuff that took off with those dumb marvel movies. It also cuts some of it out if you DVR'd it.

So, pro-tip: If you DVR'd it and haven't seen it yet. Just delete it and watch it OnDemand and make sure you sit through the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    I was fairly disappointed. I'm also really tired of this "after credits bonus" stuff that took off with those dumb marvel movies. It also cuts some of it out if you DVR'd it.

So, pro-tip: If you DVR'd it and haven't seen it yet. Just delete it and watch it OnDemand and make sure you sit through the credits.
    Thanks, I almost missed that!

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Shirley not. I was a little nervous early in the final episode - seemed to be reprising the hot mess issues of E5, but then they righted the ship and shi' ga rl. Must admit, however, they threw in way too many hooks for season 4. Pleasantly surprised by Charlotte's nasty turn.
    It had its moments and was fun to watch in a purely gonzo action sense, but a lot was bad:

-Caleb walking right up to the police drone, taking a seat, and being whisked off like it's his personal bird.
    -"Rehoboam, erase yourself." OK, yeah, sure.
    -Oh hey everybody, it's Lawrence! K thnx bye!
    -Not even the slightest explanation of how Halores is able to remotely shut down Dolores, followed by Serac being entirely unconcerned about Halores' continued existence and active role in delivering Dolores to Incite.
    -Final scene of LA skyscrapers burning was just a weak ripoff of the Fight Club ending.
    -I find it beyond implausible that any societal collapse could be swift enough and complete enough that Bernard could sit in that motel room undisturbed for years, especially since Halores knows he's out there and would sure as fuck want to find him.
    -Agree with Soups on post-credits scenes in general.

Not that I'm going to do anything drastic like not watch Season 4....
    Last edited by Dantheman; 05-07-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Can't argue with those points - Fight Club immediately popped up for me too. Interesting how it's mostly the human characters that are weak and one dimensional.

Can't argue with those points - Fight Club immediately popped up for me too. Interesting how it's mostly the human characters that are weak and one dimensional.
    Same here, I thought Where Is My Mind was going to start playing at the end, but that might have been a bit on the nose.

Agreed about the human characters. Aaron Paul seemed kind of flat the whole season.

What was going on with the Charlotte Hale hallucinations in the last episode? Was that a Cortana in Halo situation with Dolores breaking down?

Add me to the list who thought about Fight Club as well... a much better viewing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycaviar View Post

What was going on with the Charlotte Hale hallucinations in the last episode? Was that a Cortana in Halo situation with Dolores breaking down?
    Appeared to be a holographic projection similar to what Serac did a few times in earlier episodes.

One more comment regarding the pre-credits ending--"This is the new world [Caleb], and in this world you can be whatever* the fuck you want."

* - Though you'll most likely be dead in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I’m hooked (duh) but that trailer kind of confused me.

I’m hooked (duh) but that trailer kind of confused me.
    I expect to only get more confused. The show is probably going to approach or exceed Lost levels of tangents and loose ends.

Think I can confidently say this series jumped the shark in season 3.

Will still watch S4 but not expecting to be wowed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Good thinking - go in with low expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Think I can confidently say this series jumped the shark in season 3.

Will still watch S4 but not expecting to be wowed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That’s what I said about s3 and I thought it was pretty good, wild but good.

Did no one watch? It went an interesting and entertaining direction. I wasn't wowed but I liked it, definitely better than season 3.

We're at E4. Liking it so far but kind of bracing for it to become inscrutable again.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I found season 4 to be unsatisfying and muddled. Plot lines smeared all over the place, wandering dialogue, and too much resurrection. The entire show is like Ouroboros.

I found season 4 to be unsatisfying and muddled. Plot lines smeared all over the place, wandering dialogue, and too much resurrection. The entire show is like Ouroboros.
    You're not wrong, but I did think it was better than S3. For me, S1>S2>>S4>S3