Tele Park and Pipe skis: dumb as fuck?

Im looking for an inexpensive pair of skis to mount a tele binding on and beat the shit outta them: im thinking early and late season conditions on lift-served runs; december, im building my strength and at the end of the season taking it easy; NOT riding the park/pipe, just cruising around; PandP skis are inexpensive, just right for beaters, any thoughts? (not that anybody cares)
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

I always thought it looked so cool when people ride rails tele, and really drop the knee and "tele turn" the whole rail. Other than that, nobody cares that you tele

just get any ski thats cheap ... duh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Praxis Rx

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    just get any ski thats cheap ... duh
    PnP are the cheapest skis out there ........... hoser

Where are you? EC? If so, I'd lean towards a harder snow ski - retired GS/SLs or some such, especially for the early season conditioning. I realize money's probably an issue, but still - right tool for the job sort of thing.

If you want to make park skiing more difficult, why not just ski with one arm tied behind your back? Or with one eye closed? ...Instead of using tele gear?
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Go to gear swap and support a maggot. Most skis now days are really good. Under 100 for groomers and 115-125 for pow. So many good deals in GS
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

2018/2019 (24/32)

Is this to learn to tele or do you already know how? Either way it should be fine. K2 even used to make a park specific tele ski (Piste Pipe) which was just a Public Enemy with tele inserts and different graphics. Plenty of people used them or PEs outside the park.

I'd look for something with an even flex (not a super stiff tail) and no tail rocker. Also do a traditional mount unless you want to do spinny stiff and know what you're doing. Used skis are usually easy to repurpose for tele since the mounts don't conflict as much. Also the heel placement is usually somewhat flexible.

I have some Praxis 9D8s I may be willing to part with for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    If you want to make park skiing more difficult, why not just ski with one arm tied behind your back? Or with one eye closed? ...Instead of using tele gear?
    sorry i wasnt clear when i said "not riding park/pipe" ............. skiswap gear is ok, just looking for something new, cheap and a little different. thanks for the beta T-dad

I'll be paramarking around Alyeska on a pair of old/new fully cambered Line Prophet 100s this season when its raining

good cheap option

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVan View Post
    I'll be paramarking around Alyeska on a pair of old/new fully cambered Line Prophet 100s this season when its raining

good cheap option
    you, sir, are a fucking savage.....