Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: WTF Silverton?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    There are some mining roads that go up Kendall, just maintain those, glade some stuff and make it all touring!
    Sweet! It would be rad. It could get people visiting to ski at SM stay a couple more days in town.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    ^^^you Aspen guys have your reality meter broken. You know a private heli is something like $10K? So reality is that, best case senario, you find 9 friends on short notice and drop a grand each. I know you and Skideeppow probably just fly in private and but down the Amex Black and more power to ya but it certainly ain't in the budget for most.

If I was 1%-ing, I'd spend it on skiing also and I probably could give 2 shits about what the regular people on TGR think but...now you are that guy.
    I have actually done research for a private family that owns a helicopter, who wanted to do some private heliskiing. As long as you don't land inside a wilderness area, for the most part your ok with landing in/on USFS land. As far as BLM land goes, I'm not sure... But, you need proof of insurance,

But, they decided to stick with heliskiing in Canada in the end.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

^^ I met a guy years ago in BC that had a small 2-seater heli that he could tow behind his van. He would fly around, find a cool mountain, land in the valley, climb it, then ski it. Pretty much the coolest access tool ever, but it was definitely elevation-challenged so he could never fly in CO. But who would want to fly in CO if they could fly in BC?

5 years from now we'll all have personal drones anyway, so that's something to look forward to.

Super Cub is SOP of the Anchorage millennial BC skier.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Super Cub is SOP of the Anchorage millennial BC skier.
    I have heard that a lot of folks are trading in their Super cubs for Robinson 44 helis.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Would be tough to use an R44 in CO mtns but it'd be great elsewhere for approach like GB said.

Since so many comments seemed to be missing (including mine), and the BLM seemed to ignore that the vast majority of comments were against this expansion, the ruling is being challenged:

http://www.sanjuancitizens.org/lands...rmit-expansion
    Last edited by goldenboy; 07-18-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Stoked!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!