Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ever called the cops on an asshole/unsafe driver?

TLDR version, guy driving insane and making violent gestures to folks who wont let him pass nearly hits Snapt, nearly hits pedestrians trying pass people via sidewalk and parking spots, pulls into parking lot near Snapt acting like a maniac beating on his car and screaming at random people, then storms into financial business. Snapt has cops on the phone, they pull in shortly thereafter and employee of said business sees them outside and flees out leading wack job straight to the cops.

Never called the cops on anyone before, but I was scurred this dude was going to get somebody killed on the road, or worse go shoot up the place he stormed in to. With all the craziness in the world it felt like the right thing to do, and luckily the cops didn't gun him down on the spot.

/coolstorybro. Don't be a dick on the road around Snapt?

was he in a 30k benz?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Yep... on I5 north between Marysville and Mt Vernon... driver was obviously smashed on something.. called 911 and was transferred to HP... gave them description and plate #.. they said they had already received multiple calls and were setting up multiple intercept vehicles... never saw what transpired.. but this dude was so dangerous action was warranted..
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

do it all the time on people who are obviously under the influence - heavy weaving, driving excessively slow/fast, or actually seeing them drinking/smoking.

Had a friend who did a citizen's arrest on a drunk driver who passed out at a light, took his foot off the brake and started drifting into the intersection. He'd been following him for a bit and could tell he wasn't all there to begin with so he was watching him at the light then decided he had to take action. Guy was a belligerent asshole but my friend held him until the cops arrive.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I have felt like I had to call people in a couple times around here. Once it was for aggressive unsafe driving including passing on a double yellow on Brush Creek Rd on the way to Snowmass. The other time was for an obviously wasted driver who was headed towards a populated area. I was told both times they may contact me as part of court proceedings but I never heard back about either.

Here if you call *CSP you get straight to dispatch so it's pretty easy and painless. no need to look up a number or waste a 911 dispatchers time.

I do it when someone's driving like a douche or obviously impaired. always report them to 911 as a drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

2 Lanes in either direction. Guy passes me, swerves up on to the side walk, swerves back over double yellow. The guy is fighting hard to stay on the road. I call 911, tell them what I am seeing. They tell me to call the local pd and hang up. I thought I was in the twilight zone.

There's been a guy riding a hippster chopper on I90 west bound in the mornings the past few weeks that is going to end up a half mile long smear of blood and entrails the way he rides.

If I could see the tiny licence plate half hidden under his fender to call it in I would call him in.

This morning he actually pulled up alongside a minivan..... that had cut me off, causing his tailgating to nearly end up in the trunk of my car... and beat on the roof of it with his fist.. at 65 mpg....

Have also seen him in Seattle some mornings lane splitting downtown 4th ave traffic at easily 50mph
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

called them once--3 semis identical markings in a row doing about 10 over. 2 of them were doing fine the last one was weaving all over--oobviously a rookie trying to keep up. Normally I don't call the cops even when someone hits me and it's their fault.

lady passes me, cuts in front, slams on the brakes. (I was not in the left lane in case you were wondering). I look to the right, see the CHP, I give him the "what gives" upturned palms, and he lights her up. (And you thought he was going to stop me for having both hands of the wheel, didn't you?)

I'm following some guy on I80 2 lanes heading up the hill, he's dong 55 in the left lane. After waiting a while for him to pull over, I pass him on the right. He takes offense, passes me, cuts in front and slams on the brakes, and reasumes his 55 in a 65. I try to pass on the left this time, he speeds up, cuts me off, slams on the brakes. I try again on the right, same result. I finally give up and just follow him, figuring it's not worth getting in an accident by trying to pass him again. After I follow him for a while he takes off at about 80 and I lose sight of him. I get off at my exit and there he is on the shoulder with a cop, talking. Doesn't look like the cop was citing him. I think the guy called the cop on me. I guess he got nervous that I was following him--I guess he forgot he was refusing to let me pass. I was tempted to pull over and tell the cop what the guy had been doing, but with no proof I just went on my way. I take solace in the fact that a) the guy was scared, and b) his wife was in the car watching him be a douche. This was about 15 years ago and I bet he's still hearing about it--if they're still married.

Once.

In highschool a couple friends and I were hanging out in the parking lot at a local pond. A car pulls in and parks, leaving the car running for probably about an hour. Then they started a process that I think was them attempting to leave the parking lot and they literally couldn't find there way out. Keep in mind this is a roundish dirt lot with two very obvious exits to the road. We watch this go on for about 10 minutes and I eventually got on the phone with the local PD because something was up. While I'm on the phone they finally exit the lot so I start following and giving the dispatch directions. While I'm behind the car (not following closely enough to be obvious) the cops come up behind me and the car takes off. I was curious where they ended up so I headed in the direction the car turned down the next road. They were pulled over probably a mile and a half down, must have been fucking flying cause the cop wasn't far behind when the car turned.

Got a call a couple days later thanking me, but I never found out what the outcome was.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

Got a call a couple days later thanking me, but I never found out what the outcome was.
    Back in HS I called the cops on a car that had been driving erratic and tailgating me. After I hung up with the police I started to feel bad as it was a car full of kids about my age. Felt like a bitch for calling and thought perhaps they were just out having fun albeit dangerously. Short while later my phone rang - it was the police thanking me for calling it in. Those kids out having fun had just broken into a house and were speeding to get away. Thanks to my call they were apprehended.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Back in HS I called the cops on a car that had been driving erratic and tailgating me. After I hung up with the police I started to feel bad as it was a car full of kids about my age. Felt like a bitch for calling and thought perhaps they were just out having fun albeit dangerously. Short while later my phone rang - it was the police thanking me for calling it in. Those kids out having fun had just broken into a house and were speeding to get away. Thanks to my call they were apprehended.
    Yea it sucks ratting on people and I definitely don't enjoy it, but it's my belief that if they're out there on the roads and endangering other people it's a responsibility to look out for each other. In my case above^, if I found out after the fact that the driver was hammered and ended up killing someone's kid or something similar and I didn't call in.. that would bear pretty heavily on my conscience.

Cops have better things to do. They wouldn't even stake out my bike when I found it to catch the thief in a class 4 felony. They just cut the lock and gave it back to me.

Never done it. Feels like snitchin' to me. When I was young I tended to drive like an idiot at times, have driven drunk or stoned. Older and wiser now.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    T. and beat on the roof of it with his fist.. at 65 mpg
    What does fuel economy have to do with road rage?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I'm guessing it's a British thing, and we wouldn't understand.

Once. Leaving Seven Springs on County Line road, guy in a GMC sierra with Texas plates was so plastered he spent time in ditches on both sides of the road, but managed to straighten it out and get back on the road every time. The state police didn't have anyone in the area, and he turned off after a few miles. I checked the local news sites for a few days, but never saw anything about a bad accident.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Once while I was driving in a white out at night, came across a car stopped in the road just past a herd of elk. Figured he hit one, pulled up aside of him to see if he was alright, he had the interior light on and could see a fight going on inside the car. Knowing how many cops get shot going to domestic violence calls I pulled away and called the sheriff. He caught up to him about 5 minutes later in a different spot chasing the girl around the outside of the car trying to get away.

Cop called me the next day to get more details and tell me what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Cops have better things to do. They wouldn't even stake out my bike when I found it to catch the thief in a class 4 felony. They just cut the lock and gave it back to me.
    Guy with a battery sawzall crawls under my old 4Runner on a Saturday afternoon and cuts off the catalytic converter. A passerby takes a picture of the guy's car. I give it to the cops. They couldn't be bothered to track him down.
    The same 4Runner gets stolen, with my cell phone in it. The guy makes a bunch of calls to one number. I give the number to the cops--with the same lack of interest. Fuck you Sac PD.
    OTOH--guy sideswipes my wife's 4Runner parked in front of our house in Truckee one Saturday night. Cop takes a report, then drives around the west end and finds the guy packing his dented car to leave. Justice was served. But this was before they replaced all the Truckee cops with dicks and cunts. So fuck you Truckee PD. (They have one of those fake drug sniffing dogs trained to alert on anyone they want it to, among other things.)

Got rear ended by an 18 wheeler on I-580. Not sure if the guy didn't see me or what but he slammed into me when I was probably going 60. I kept control and started to pull over but the truck just kept rolling. Leaned on the horn for a while but he didn't seem to pay any attention. Finally got the tags and pulled over to check the damage (partly crushed bumper).

Drove home and called the CHP to report the incident. Gave them the license info and they said they'd check into it. Called back a few days later and they couldn't find a record of my report. I gave up and just dealt with my insurance company.

I've had it happen to me a few times.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Does Snapt always refer to himself in the third person?

It seems like I have to call the cops way more than your average person, even though I'm of the belief that cops are never there when you need them, and always there when you don't, and usually deal with a situation so poorly that they just make it worse.

That said, I called the cops on the cops last week. Dickbag pig was patrolling at 3:30 am with no lights on at all.

Another time I ratted out a 60+ year old man driving the all over the road on Pearl Street in Boulder. Cops were on him in two blocks.

As stated, if you want cops, always suggest intoxication and a vehicle. They'll be there lickity split. That's their fascism payday. A phone in is not a police report.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Good point.

I meant km/h
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Guy with a battery sawzall crawls under my old 4Runner on a Saturday afternoon and cuts off the catalytic converter. A passerby takes a picture of the guy's car. I give it to the cops. They couldn't be bothered to track him down.
    The same 4Runner gets stolen, with my cell phone in it. The guy makes a bunch of calls to one number. I give the number to the cops--with the same lack of interest. Fuck you Sac PD.
    OTOH--guy sideswipes my wife's 4Runner parked in front of our house in Truckee one Saturday night. Cop takes a report, then drives around the west end and finds the guy packing his dented car to leave. Justice was served. But this was before they replaced all the Truckee cops with dicks and cunts. So fuck you Truckee PD. (They have one of those fake drug sniffing dogs trained to alert on anyone they want it to, among other things.)
    I would figure out a way to track that fucker down and take care of it myself.

I've called in so many times, sometimes it gets dealt with and sometimes they don't seem to care. Not car related but still a call in, on Memorial Day this year my daughter and I went out for a night mountain bike ride and came across a kids bike dumped on a double track trail that could be used to connect two neighborhoods. When we got to where I had a signal I called it in and gave them the exact spot. They did send someone into the woods to take a look and it turns out the kid got lost in the dark, dumped the bike, walked about a half mile and sat down against a tree and started crying. They found him, reunited him with his bike and got him out of the woods. The next day they called me to say thanks.