Steamboat - early March

planning a trip in early march to Steamboat. 3-5 skiers, usually dirt bag it off points at local hotel, anyone got a line on anything good for lodging?

Rabbit Ears Motel used to be the go too, but it's been eons.

Strawberry hot springs, get a cabin. Dirtbags can soak in hot springs after skiing.

M - this one has always been good to us, getting the kitchen setup is key. Liquor store, groceries and bus stop are right out the door.
    http://www.legacyvacationresorts.com...suites-en.html

good ideas so far, thanks guys

Hampton Inn in the Boat is a nice property.

^^^ hampton has been goto for last few years, freshies for good breakfast short walk away. ended up booking rabbit

P-tarm and best western sometimes have deals. Shadowrun is sketch but cheap too. I'm an ex local (2007-2009) so let me know if you have any questions

driving up tonight with couple buddies for the weekend. any mags want to run laps or shares beers and bullshit, send me a pm. i'll be the be the best skier on the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    planning a trip in early march to Steamboat. 3-5 skiers, usually dirt bag it off points at local hotel, anyone got a line on anything good for lodging?
    123mmanvdq;fvb

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Cheese View Post
    123mmanvdq;fvb
    more dick cheese

I'll jump in here. Considering doing the same trip when I head out to Denver for a friends wedding around St. Patrick's day.

Hawkgt, how was the Rabbit's Ear? It's the kind of place one of my buddies I'm traveling with usually ends up at. My girlfriend who will be there probably will want the hot springs cabin though....

Anything else I should add to my list before looking at Airbnb and the like?

Appreciate it.

^^^ Rabbits Ear worked out well. 3 of us and got a 2 queen, 2 twin room. This is a motel, not a 5 star palace, go into it with that mind set it works out. Room and property were clean if not a bit old but everything working. Continental breakfast was on the weak side but works. Buss stop to the hill right on the corner and worked out great, no time to and from the hill. Walk across the street to soak in the town springs was nice everyday after skiing and walking few blocks down the street got to all the bars/food in town. I think the larger rooms are all on the outside of property and face the Yampa which is nice.

Best thing was able to park the car and get around on foot. If you stay in airbnb or hotel I would recommend looking near the bus routes so you can stay away from the car.

No issue with staying in a motel, we often find up our way that the owners are more interesting and friendly than employees at larger scale hotels. Maybe its their personal connection to the business? Anyways, sometimes the age is even part of the charm.

Now I just need to convince my one buddy that we should actually go to Steamboat instead of Copper. That is the right choice right? We are basically looking at Steamboat, Copper, or Crested Butte due to our MAX Passes, and I think Crested Butte might be a bit to far for some since we will be flying back out from Denver again most likely.

I'd prefer either CB or Copper in March.
    Steamboat in December or January.

^^^ seconded for snow coverage

prob copper at spring break in march, crowds will such but can be managed

Sounds like Copper it should be then, that makes planning a little easier. Thanks guys.