Page 151 of 184 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4591
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    regarding skiing after the 4th it looks like they will allow skis and boards to be brought up the tram and hike from there... employees are being told that they might run shirley on weekends after the 4th
    Got my attention, but we'll see ....
    Always thought they had their heads rectally inserted for not letting skis/boards on the tram after the lifts closed.

Squaw and Alpine are both going to be great this weekend.
    Traffic sat at SV will suck because its Earthday!
    Heard a rumor the show gondola sv/am got jacked, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Chnaiur View Post
    What's Squaw like these days? I'm seeing 250+ inches of base, but a bunch of the good runs are closed so not sure what the true picture is? Trying to decide if I tour or surf the corn.
    Skiing is good at Squaw. Pick your lines carefully as some of it icy crap with some froze death cookies mixed in for sport and some is just flat closed. Like North Bowl, West Face and other stuff in the morning, to prevent badasses from hopping into the runs and sliding to the bottom or worse case, into the trees. Use your noodle and you will be okay or if that fails, watch where everyone else is skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Always thought they had their heads rectally inserted for not letting skis/boards on the tram after the lifts closed.
    Though, I assume that means they'd have to have ski patrol, etc. working if they're allowing people up the tram with ski gear right? Private property, can't just transfer liability over to the forest service like at other resorts.

Or is that not how it works?

Who's at AM tomorrow?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoe420 View Post
    Heard a rumor the show gondola sv/am got jacked, anyone?
    I have no idea what this means
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post
    that looks about as bottomed out as they get. the best thing to do there is the dig a tunnel to your drivers side windshield and drive it like that.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I have no idea what this means
    Squaw has been showing a new gondola cabin touting the proposed
    SV / AM connecting lift. Rumors abound that the cabin was stolen or borrowed.
    I was wondering if it was true or not? I'll look for it later today at Earthday.

Where did everyone go?

Got a late start today and decided to head to Carson Pass given how warm and late it was. Was planning on Round Top but the wind was strong and clouds were moving in so it seemed like north aspects weren't going to thaw. Took a detour and skied E Back, which was prime almost-corn. Only started to get sticky near the bottom.

It's also not as easy as one would think to hitchhike from Red Lake to the pass, it turns out.

Never had a problem getting a ride on 88.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Surprised things were not softening. We went through KW around 11am and it was fairly calm in the valley. And quite warm.

Had an adventure this weekend. Arrived around 8pm at KW to the cabin only to smell propane. I had been up there two weeks prior managing a fix on a leak. Friends were there last weekend and smelled nothing. It was super strong outside the home and moderate in spots inside. Anyway, we turned on the fan, vented the house out, shut off the gas and then went to SLT for the night. We hotel.com a room last minute at the Forest Suites. My son was stoked we were going to walk to the gondola (he really wanted to start his day there) instead of drive to Stagecoach. Great location, as we had less than a 100 yard walk. It was windy up high, so we ended down at Stagecoach anyway to start the day. Then back up and over to Sky for the afternoon. The winds kept the snow in great shape until closing bell. The family had a great day taking in views and lapping long high speed lifts. My wife really enjoyed taking in the views and my son felt the pitch was perfect every where. He was giddy by day's end. Had to switch to the Hotel
    Becket where our friends were staying, as there was a booked out wedding at the Forest. Found good food at their BBQ joint, then walked around the plaza. So different than being at KW after hours.

Anyway, headed back to KW yesterday to check on then place. PUD had been by Saturday and turned off the gas to the other side of the duplex ( it was too tight for my monkey wrench). I still smelled gas. It looked toe as if the recent snow avi off the roof had hit the city side of the pipes and perhaps loosened a joint. PUD was on the way out to check it. I don't yet have the update (need to call my buddy).

Anyway, if any of you know someone who has stand alone property in the valley, might be worth reminding them to check a few times during the melt. My buddy is not headed back up until Memorial Day, and that shit would have eventually found the pilot on his hot water heater. The snow wells around the homes are deep.

Snowing lightly at 6800 at Alpine. Looks kinda decent.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

What a spring. Cold temps and a dusting. Mmm.

Well, that was 2011.

Some girl on girl action at northstar recently...

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2017/0...rder-northstar

Seems to be a theme there...

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post

And a Mountain Safety guy told my son that Kirkwood was the wild west because we don't have Mountain Safety. Northstar looks dangerous.

It would be great if the women at squaw punched people more often. Restore the fear, all this family friendly shit making things way too cushy.

Make Jerry Afraid Again

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And a Mountain Safety guy told my son that Kirkwood was the wild west because we don't have Mountain Safety. Northstar looks dangerous.
    KW has 1 mtn safety but vail planning to add a full team. Touring anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post

I'm about 99% sure that this was from closing day last season and not from this season.

^ yeah, looking back at the instagram post you're right

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    KW has 1 mtn safety but vail planning to add a full team. Touring anytime soon?
    I was planning on poking around last Sunday, but then we did not stay in the valley. I was going to back up this weekend to close up the cabin, but since we did not open it back up, that might be off schedule. OTOH, I'm tempted to buy a day pass to Squaw next weekend if they are still spinning all those lifts.

I actually would prefer to see Yellow Coats at KW over the Security they currently have in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Had an adventure this weekend. Arrived around 8pm at KW to the cabin only to smell propane.
    Yikes. Glad everything turned out okay. Kirkwood was spooky quiet last weekend. Made summer weekends look like Presidents' Day.

We had no propane smell but also no hot water -- heater was failing and only part of the burner lights, so we left it off.

Did the roundtrip to Heavenly per the advice here, pretty painless 45min drive to Stagecoach area both days. Had to park in Boulder lot. First day we lucked out, second day we had to wait 30 min (!!) for a shuttle.

A bit windy both days. Ellie's was awesome on Saturday but icy as hell on Sunday. Overall, though, Sunday was even better than Saturday. Great corn everywhere that was groomed+being used. It was a great last weekend of the year for us. Some annoying lines Saturday but none on Sunday. Swung by Sidelli's on Saturday afternoon per the recommendations here. Great advice.

It was my first time at Heavenly. Had a good time, definitely didn't spend a dime on-mountain as we were only there because Vail was stupid enough to close KW so early. And, for that matter, most of the lifts on Heavenly.

nah that was from saturday... apparently I just missed it
    thats what happens when a group of 30+ people ride around with multpile 30 racks and handles of booze
    the dude with the megaphone was instigating all kinda shit... if he hadnt had 30+ people with him that dude woulda caught at least a fist or few throughout the day

I have 2 50% off vouchers that can be used at heavenly this weekend if anyone wants them... let me know

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    nah that was from saturday... apparently I just missed it
    thats what happens when a group of 30+ people ride around with multpile 30 racks and handles of booze
    the dude with the megaphone was instigating all kinda shit... if he hadnt had 30+ people with him that dude woulda caught at least a fist or few throughout the day
    Definitely wasn't from Saturday. Read the comments on the insta post and the U.N. fbook page. The same assholes ride nstar still so I wouldn't be surprised if you saw them Saturday causing their normal shenanigans