Page 179 of 184 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 4591
    Word. I think it's new thread time. Dookey and Vets, go ski on this shit so we can make it official.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Just do whatever we did last year, except without electing Trump, or maybe electing him was what caused it to dump so much. That is a dilemma...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Squaw's target demographic. If you have the cash you can fly over the 80 shit show and laugh at the proles.
    https://wheelsup.com/squaw-valley?ut...gn=SquawValley
    Jeez - makes the $125 seaplane from Sausalito seem like a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Have not brought tix yet, but we are prolly going to ski flick at Moment plant in Sparks tomorrow.
    Anyone else likely to put in an appearance?
    I was gonna try, but the boy's last water polo tournament ever is Saturday morning. Plus, can't drink on doctor's orders. Enjoy....

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Word. I think it's new thread time. Dookey and Vets, go ski on this shit so we can make it official.
    Second.
    not counting days 2016-17

Shit, I wouldn't even take my rock skis out on what we got today.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Well, where it fell on top of the stuff you've been skiing....

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Well, where it fell on top of the stuff you've been skiing....
    But that is still Patch skiing.
    I need more than 18 turn runs, on snow that will not melt away in a couple days, to qualify my New Season.

For example, the October that we skied pow down the edge of Red Lakes road. It had length and 3D depth, but it was obvious that it was temporary snow. Not a New Season.

It gets confusing with WROD's...

Edit: Damn. The pictures look nice.
    Last edited by powdrhound; 09-22-2017 at 09:18 AM.

All snow is temporary snow. I'm sad that I am stuck in the bay until I finish this remodel and will miss out on the freshies. (Or are they the dregs of the last season?) Where is the line between the North and South Pacific? There isn't really one but there is a point when winter stops moving towards the southern hemisphere and starts moving to the northern. For me, the new season starts with summer solstice, when we stop moving away from winter and the days from then on are returning to winter. So it's already happened for me but it's all arbitrary anyway.

Just think good thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lepistoir; 09-22-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

This train doesn't have brakes
    Name:  Hype_Train.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  106.5 KB

If I wasn't at work, in the Bay, had kids to pickup...I'd be making a turn right about now above Roundtop Lake.

Got out with Somethingcleaver for some fun Sept turns, big thanks to Vets for the location beta

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0305.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	212532

Name:	DSC07436_crop.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	864.5 KB 
ID:	212533

Name:	DSC07463.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	212534

Name:	IMG_0347.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	762.4 KB 
ID:	212535

Name:	IMG_0351_crop.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	849.4 KB 
ID:	212536

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    If I wasn't at work, in the Bay, had kids to pickup...I'd be making a turn right about now above Roundtop Lake.
    If I didn't have all those things and break my ankle on Wednesday, I'd be there too. Suddenly I'm okay with a shitty surf season and a late start to winter.

Now, are these technically turns on new snow, or is it not counted because the base is old. Just curious about a new thread.

I'm pretty sure powdork skied on grass today.

Well, NOAA is forecasting 90F in SF on Tuesday...

It's going to feel like summer again real quick, but I'd say those fresh turns are worthy of a new thread. lepistoir should do it since that seemed to work out pretty well for 16/17.

Bummer about the ankle Ott - how'd you do it?

This thread was started on 09-25-2016, maybe start a new one on the same day a year later, not that I'm a superstitious person, but what the hell...

Goddamn we're some serious fucking dorks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    If I didn't have all those things, and break my ankle on Wednesday...
    Shit mang. Fuck that. Vibes.
    Were you doing summat *hero*, or summat "pedestrian"?

Heal up!!
    Marmite is good for that.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Goddamn we're some serious fucking dorks.
    Like the commercial says... it's not superstition if it works. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's going to feel like summer again real quick, but I'd say those fresh turns are worthy of a new thread. lepistoir should do it since that seemed to work out pretty well for 16/17.

Bummer about the ankle Ott - how'd you do it?
    Surfing. The lip got me good. The best part is I was surfing at the base of a 60' cliff. Fun climb. Might be a good time to start watching GOT. I've got time to kill.

Saw the first ski movie of the season last night. (at least the first one shown in the Reno/Tahoe area, to the best of my knowledge)

Kudos to Moment for always throwing a nice, mellow shindig that, in all the years I've been attending, has never been disrupted by asshats or jack nuggets, which is surprising since they serve unlimited beer. Folks in attendance were all polite, courteous, and stoked on the films (they show local shorts before the main film).

As has been the case for years now, the spotlight film was the latest from Level 1. After last year's just-okay (imho) film, Pleasure, the production team returns with a genuine, quirky, and well-filmed winner entitled Habit (fwiw, their 2015 film, Small World, is one of my all-time favorite ski films). While a bit urban jib-centric, the film is set with a great framing sequence and some off-kilter humor (reminded me a lot of how Powderwhore's Elevation had that nice, quirky humor element), plus some really cool skiing sequences. Oh, and lots and lots and lots of crashes. For my taste Level 1 always has the best soundtracks in any of the major ski movies and this one does not disappoint. Highly recommended because it's fun and entertaining and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Really? ok then.
    We were too dumb to realize it was an outdoors showing, bring a chair thing.
    (Coldest night for a while around here).
    Sorry we missed you. We liked the milk stout.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    For my taste Level 1 always has the best soundtracks in any of the major ski movies and this one does not disappoint.
    My taste in music is pretty much diametrically opposed to what I perceive to be the average skier's, but it's really rad to hear a classic Can track in that trailer as opposed to, well, pretty much every track used on every other ski edit.

Saw the new TGR flick at Squaw last night (KT base) under some cold and starry skies. The movie was...cool. More styley skiing than TGR's usual big mountain face-melting stuff.

Jones and Sammy Luebke were there (as was Elyse S), and the boys had a really awesome scene from the High Sierra. Jones mentioned in his opening remarks that he's tried for years to get a High Sierra scene in the TGR flicks, but this was the first time it worked out. I recognized University Peak (I think?), but most of the other lines I couldn't ID (maybe Dragon Pk?). Anyone see it and can ID any of those shots?

Also, saw this post from the Palisades (the BIG ones) from Friday: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZXdkmHAyV6/ But dangit, it ain't time yet! Trails are riding too good, and it'll be 70 in Truckee next week.

FWIW, Round Top (specifcally some of the Wu-Tang Clan patches) skied nicely yesterday.
    And it was crowded like Squaw on MLK holiday w/e: 3 different parties for a grand total of 4 boarders, 4 skiers, and 2 dogs...

CM and Noa

Name:	IMG_7531.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	212636

Vets

Name:	IMG_7557.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	212637
    Last edited by dookey67; 09-25-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    My taste in music is pretty much diametrically opposed to what I perceive to be the average skier's, but it's really rad to hear a classic Can track in that trailer as opposed to, well, pretty much every track used on every other ski edit.
    Okay. Now I'm interested in hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Saw the new TGR flick at Squaw last night (KT base) under some cold and starry skies. The movie was...cool. More styley skiing than TGR's usual big mountain face-melting stuff.

Jones and Sammy Luebke were there (as was Elyse S), and the boys had a really awesome scene from the High Sierra. Jones mentioned in his opening remarks that he's tried for years to get a High Sierra scene in the TGR flicks, but this was the first time it worked out. I recognized University Peak (I think?), but most of the other lines I couldn't ID (maybe Dragon Pk?). Anyone see it and can ID any of those shots?

Also, saw this post from the Palisades (the BIG ones) from Friday: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZXdkmHAyV6/ But dangit, it ain't time yet! Trails are riding too good, and it'll be 70 in Truckee next week.
    University seems pretty pedestrian for a ski flick.