Page 26 of 184 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Mt rose lodge cam (8200') appears like it's changing to snow: http://skirose.com/the-mountain/web-cams/

Quote Originally Posted by 45hill View Post
    I am sure a jet ski would be more appropriate but are any Tahoe folks looking into getting a sled? I have a 2010 Dragon that I am looking to get rid of. Nice sled at a great price for one of you guys. pm me so as not to clog up this thread. If this is out of line feel free to delete. Free delivery from Mammoth as I am up there all the time for hockey practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    there's nothing else going on here. post some pics

Name:  20140131_122325_1.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  35.6 KB

4K for anyone here.
    Last edited by 45hill; 12-16-2016 at 10:30 AM.

It was 40ish over Donner Summit an hour ago. Raining hard; the snowpack around there is literally hosed. On the bright side, maybe all this wetness will perc down to take care of that nasty TG layer people have been talking about (at higher elevations where there's still snow).

Snowing at the bottom of Dipper looking at the Heavenly cam, still looks like rain at the base at Kirkwood

Kirkwood snow cam is showing some snain accumulation as of 7. Time to start spackling.

Anyone know how high the rain level went up to today? And how heavy? I saw a report of near 10k. That would get atop most peaks around here. But if only a little rain fell while it was that high, it may have not been enough to work its way down to that hoar.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Not sure I've noticed a stream running behind the Kirkwood snow stake cam before]
    Watching that 24 timelapse is insane. Might take my creek boat out there tomorrow. First descent?

Temps were dropping nicely but have now plateaued and even gone up at lake level. Was 36 degrees at 7,500' a bit ago and some slush on ground

Fuck this is pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Fuck this is pathetic
    I took my own bag to the grocery store today so I'm not sure why these snow levels aren't dropping.

(jk, jk)

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Kirkwood snow cam is showing some snain accumulation as of 7. Time to start spackling.

Anyone know how high the rain level went up to today? And how heavy? I saw a report of near 10k. That would get atop most peaks around here. But if only a little rain fell while it was that high, it may have not been enough to work its way down to that hoar.
    It's not hoar so much as just rotten snow at the base. I don't think anything is gonna get down there but we have a very effective bridge. Even the recent observations at elephant back confirm this and this storm will hopefully bury any trigger points that may exist. We'll still have to worry about rain slabs from this storm breaking loose and stepping down but after the freeze we should be good to go.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Precip came in earlier than I thought, stayed warmer than I imagined, and left earlier than I expected.

I should be a meteorologist.

So glad that the Sugarbowl cam is showing snow and it's not all wet on the window like yesterday.

Snow's decent at squaw. Thick creamy wind buff with solid ice in between. Not much open when I left at 1, just Gold Coast and big blue (didn't feel like waiting any longer for Shirley). Snowing pretty hard, and cold. Snowing down to the base. Tomorrow morning could be pretty good if it's not packed.

Anyone get out on Hourglass today? We might go tonight, so wanted to check in on the snowpack?
    Donjoy to the World!

alpine was surprisingly fun.

mostly soft snow with occasional glare ice mixed in. snowing hard the whole time i was there.

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    Ditto on wondering what hourglass/rose conditions were today, may head out tomorrow
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

Quote Originally Posted by jskierpx View Post
    Ditto on wondering what hourglass/rose conditions were today, may head out tomorrow
    I saw a decent number of tracks in hourglass from the Northwest chairlift today. In bounds, snow at Rose was a little crusty and heavy, but plenty skiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    Anyone get out on Hourglass today? We might go tonight, so wanted to check in on the snowpack?
    Also saw tracks from rose resort and standard 18 cars in the tamarack lot. Personally, I'd be a little worried about the PWL at that aspect and elevation but that never stopped anyone

Let us know if you go

Heavenly had fun fast pow up high today, rolling down back to the bottom of stagecoach was a bit icy and scary at times.

Sampler from today

Great early am at heavy due to all other access lifts closed Cept stagecoach and they first under reported only 6" instead of their later 5-16" which kept the place a ghost town for a couple hours.

It was fun watching all the people at AM dressed like it was Antarctica, rather than what used to be considered normal around here. (I was one of those who overdressed a bit. Ah, that California sunshine.) Some nice face shots (from the snow guns, hard to see the snow gun drifts when you can't see anything. And some nice pow turns, although not enough.

kirkwood was really good today. eagles bowl across to palisades bowl is open. lots of exposed rock spackled with chalk makes lots of unique early season features a go.

beware of the vail hotel parking "solution" right now--stay'd at the mountain club and they wanted us to park in loop road maintenance lot!

powdork, do you still have that cord of wood? my buddy has a lease in the Wood and would like that wood in January if you can wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    kirkwood was really good today. eagles bowl across to palisades bowl is open. lots of exposed rock spackled with chalk makes lots of unique early season features a go.

beware of the vail hotel parking "solution" right now--stay'd at the mountain club and they wanted us to park in loop road maintenance lot!

powdork, do you still have that cord of wood? my buddy has a lease in the Wood and would like that wood in January if you can wait that long.
    I have some. but not a cord. still have quite a few rounds but some are still a little green. I won't know how much seasoned wood till i chop it but i'll let you know if you're interested.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

"Tests targeting this layer indicated that actually getting enough force through the snowpack to break this layer has become unlikely without a very large trigger or some exceptional circumstances."

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    I love Kwood at this level of snow pack, yesterday was $$. fast chalk and surprisingly soft landings. A 45 minute line to buy a $107 ticket didnt even sour the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Heavenly had fun fast pow up high today, rolling down back to the bottom of stagecoach was a bit icy and scary at times.

Sampler from today
    I was right behind you and your buddy coming out of that area on a couple of those laps.