Page 183 of 184 FirstFirst ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 4591
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Gazex at top of High Yellow Gully and Pete's Peril could potentially suck--I guess we'll see.
    now all they need is a self driving snow cat that can go up the K2 road.
    Pete's Gazex has been there for a bit too, unless they actually put one on the northside. It sucks that the tanks sit right on the typical traverse line, especially when snow is low or the ridge is scoured. Hard to keep speed up and get around

Sounds like Squaw has done the math and decided Gazex are cheaper than patrol.
    Cheaper for sure, but also safer for patrollers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Damn man. Hope you and the fam escaped with your homes and lives intact.

My next door neighbor is a Santa Rosa FF, and grew up there. He knows dozens of people who have lost their homes. Tragic. Anyway, as they say, +++++vibes+++++ to all the Santa Rosa/Sonoma folks who've lost everything. Hope no mags were affected.
    Thanks. Didn't make it out to the MSP flick last night... we were busy watching updates as our neighborhood was evacuated. So far so good but if the winds pick up that can change in a hurry. A couple more friends' houses on the edge of the fire right now on the east side of town. Ugh.

How was Drop Everything? I also saw it's now available on iTunes.

It was a typical Squaw experience for me. Rolled up to a massive line, scored a ticket from a friend of a friend, realized there were seats for 250 of the 1,000 people inside, saw Scott Schmidt (!!!), wandered crotch-to-crotch between Squaw people for about 10 minutes, and then bounced before the movie began to join (the ticketless) meter-man for a couple beers in the village.

Edit: Hope your family house is okay, J.

I'm back ya'll! Was a long time lurker here who finally started posting and met up with a few of you years back, but back in the fall of 2011, I finally got taken out by the rare neuro-immune disorder I was running from my whole life. Couldn't ski for 5 years and in the middle of it even walking became difficult. Kept it quiet last year to make sure it would stick, but got back on skis again finally late last winter, and looks like through the combination of drugs and cancer treatments they're experimenting on me with, I'll be back out there again this year! FKNA! Hope to see you all out there for the turns that I have an even greater appreciation for now!

And on that note.. my last year of skiing was Year 1 of the Moment Belafonte and I loved ripping on them. But they're a bit burly for me now that I don't have the muscle strength I used to. Hoping to find someone who has some Moment Deathwish's they'd be willing to unload to me on the cheap. Will be on disability the rest of my life and not much budget in there for gear! My old boss tossed me a couple bucks and hoping to use it to get matched up on a bit less stiff but still charger-capable ski.

Thanks everyone.. glad to be back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the_immaculatedeception View Post
    I'm back ya'll! Was a long time lurker here who finally started posting and met up with a few of you years back, but back in the fall of 2011, I finally got taken out by the rare neuro-immune disorder I was running from my whole life. Couldn't ski for 5 years and in the middle of it even walking became difficult. Kept it quiet last year to make sure it would stick, but got back on skis again finally late last winter, and looks like through the combination of drugs and cancer treatments they're experimenting on me with, I'll be back out there again this year! FKNA! Hope to see you all out there for the turns that I have an even greater appreciation for now!

And on that note.. my last year of skiing was Year 1 of the Moment Belafonte and I loved ripping on them. But they're a bit burly for me now that I don't have the muscle strength I used to. Hoping to find someone who has some Moment Deathwish's they'd be willing to unload to me on the cheap. Will be on disability the rest of my life and not much budget in there for gear! My old boss tossed me a couple bucks and hoping to use it to get matched up on a bit less stiff but still charger-capable ski.

Thanks everyone.. glad to be back!!!
    Good for you getting back. I have a pair of the 188 rossi womens skis that were 99 on fire sale last year you can have for super cheap. They are about as forgiving as a 188 ski can be and super maneuverable.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    ...rossi womens skis...
    Behave!
    Cut the jong some slack, m'kay?
    He rode those Moments just fine last winter.
    Good to see you back here Miqy.

Post up a WTT in GearSwap too.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Name:  miketurx.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  65.4 KB

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

*TGR MOVIE in RENO TONIGHT*
    Wondering if it will be ok to roll up & get tix at door?
    Or is it likely to be a sell-out, like Squaw was?

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Behave!

Hey, I've skied them several days. 115mm underfoot. 20m radius. Light tips. Very quick. They are just pink.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Behave!

Don’t get me wrong, I got right back on those Belafonte’s after 5 years off and tore it up even with my limited strength. Just would be a bit easier to not have to push that all around now and a Deathwish would be primo

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Hey, I've skied them several days. 115mm underfoot. 20m radius. Light tips. Very quick. They are just pink.
    Sent they the same as the men's 188, just pink?

Yep. A bunch of tgr buys last season on that 99 dollar deal. Me included. Good ski

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Sent they the same as the men's 188, just pink?
    Paint is easy.

The Squaw Pact.
    http://squawalpine.com/pact?utm_sour...E0MTczNjE5MgS2
    Hope it works out better than the Molotov-Ribentropp Pact.

The Squaw Pact.
    Nothing about parking, traffic, or respect for local culture. It's aimed at the "I schedule my powder days a year ahead" crowd, i.e. big spenders that might hesitate to pick Squaw from the menu of global options because they have a rep for shutting down when there's too much biscuits. The colonial overlords speaking to the citizens of the metropole, promising them a smooth overrunning of the natives. The answer, as always, to the real challenges of political dialogue as well as the fact that you can't always get what you want, is more hype.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Nothing about parking.
    This is not fair at all -> they specifically said that there would now be a helicopter in the parking lot.

Ya, how many spaces is an effing helicopter going to take up? And where?

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    This is not fair at all -> they specifically said that there would now be a helicopter in the parking lot.
    That should eliminate 40-50 parking spaces over by the uniform shack.

The Squaw Pact.

SKUNKED AT SILVER PEAK
    It's been more'n a week since I last skied, so I motivated and attempted to locate this sweet looking patch I've been eying from my crib for a few months. My poor geographical skills led me to believe it was still clinging to Silver Peak, but a drive up to Pole Creek quickly proved me wrong. A coupla roads that have hitherto been closed/gated the past several summers, were, in fact, open, so I did some 4X4 exploration, but still couldn't locate the snow I'd been looking at from afar.
    I did "stumble" upon the Bradley Hut. That place is kinda swank for a BC hut, imho (I've only ever stayed in a bare bones yurt and this was a full-tilt cabin) Plus, it has a frickin' DOUBLE-DECKER SHITTER (albeit, I got skunked on that too, as it's closed and you now have to (literally) pack out ALL of your own shit). Gonna have to rally a crew to reserve that sucker for a winter excursion as there's some great lines out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7606.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	213849

Looks like I'mma have to return to Basin Peak tomorrow to hit a patch I saw on the last go-around (and to appease the soul after getting skunked today...I did make $77 on recyclables, though, so that's kind of a win...)
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Hey Dookie,

Grubb hut has a double-decker as well, if you're heading to Basin Peak. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be open. No TR necessary, tho.

Ran into the dude who created that video clip for Squaw at June Lake Brewing yesterday (Saturday). He was definitely drinking the koolaid.

Dooks, obvious skiable patches close to the road on both Sonora and Tioga if you need to get a few to keep TAY going. Obviously a much longer drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by the_immaculatedeception View Post

FKNA dude, that is some shit. Glad to hear you made it back. 666 or melee - hook a brother up!

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Hilarious and spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Ran into the dude who created that video clip for Squaw at June Lake Brewing yesterday (Saturday). He was definitely drinking the koolaid.

Dooks, obvious skiable patches close to the road on both Sonora and Tioga if you need to get a few to keep TAY going. Obviously a much longer drive.
    Wait, JLB makes their own koolaid?

And thanks for the beta.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en