Page 150 of 184 FirstFirst ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4591
    ^ dang dude, I pulled my snows off on Cesar Chavez day. Holy shit my car was so much quieter without the pointless studs in the bay area!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

doubt 88 will be busy friday, esp past jackson.

What is early? Arrival at 8:30 for parking Stagecoach early enough? Just confirmed I can pick up tickets there. I was thinking like you gimpy, if head to NV, just go around and avoid coming through town. My wife loves loops, so that would make her happy. And having the kiddo was my biggest concern at the gondola: park, walk, buy, load, and walk to a lift line, with the reverse at the end of the day. Also figure Stagecoach will only be decent in the morning, so we should just start there.

Saturday looks warm, although breezy. Would 45 out of the SW close down Sky? Don't want to park in NV, get stuck in CA with no lifts spinning and need to take the long wrap down to a shuttle.

So bummed for you locals with Oly not spinning, and nothing mid week next week. Lame. I was actually hoping to lap Oly with my son. He would love the combo of high speed, length and pitch of run. He gets nothing like that at KW. Whatever, he will be stoked regardless. He is excited to see the desert while skiing.

not sure how fast it fills up. I would think 8:30 would be good this time of year but gimpy and powcruzer prolly know better. it doesn't really fill up per se cause there is a large backup lot. at first it's only a slightly longer walk
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    ^
    Maybe Squaw will try something like Boreal did last summer. They opened to the public once a month. However, this year with more snow they haven't announced that or even started selling next year's season passes. (Correction - I just picked through their rather confusing website to see that they will offer summer shred on June 10th and July 1st. They will finally begin selling season passes on April 24th, but they haven't listed prices yet. That place doesn't seem to have their $h*t together.)
    With the amount of snow they have Squaw should be able to open periodically.
    Boreal's kind of unique because they have a motivation to stay skiable for the woodward camps. It's not to sell tickets. I think they just did that as kind of an icing on an existing melting cake.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I parked at Boulder to skin up with my dog and was surprised to see overflow parking there at 10am on a weekday. I'd get there early if you want Stagecoach parking. Snow is great BTW.

Props to heave for keeping the face open for the rats, and to the patrol for not giving a shit I'm skinning with my dog.

the schedule for squawlpine is posted on the website... open every weekend with a different theme until july 4th... open everyday until day ticket sales drop below a certain unspecified number

regarding skiing after the 4th it looks like they will allow skis and boards to be brought up the tram and hike from there... employees are being told that they might run shirley on weekends after the 4th

830ish arrival at stage should be fine. Worst case lower stage lot as someone mentioned. 2nd worse case park at boulder and take shuttle to stage. Either case better than fiddlefukkin with gonde access imo.

Living around stage gonna miss the access. Gonna miss this winter. Not gonna miss digging my car out. Let the corn cycle begin! Again. Ps thought powdork would relate to the snow-mobile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3537.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	204804

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    ^ dang dude, I pulled my snows off on Cesar Chavez day. Holy shit my car was so much quieter without the pointless studs in the bay area!
    Y'all with your made-up bullshit holidays. Chloe got Cesar Chavez day off, works for the county. BAH I say!

You've got a few things on me. 1. Ground clearance. 2. Studs (yeah, I'd take that shit off too! I'm just running xice3 w/out studs). 3. Whatever your other tires are? I'm normally running on full summer tires. I don't so much mind them in cold temps (sub-40, summer tires are really only hard when they're COLD COLD from being parked, once you get rolling it's okay).. but the surprise snowpack runoff that refreezes on the roadways can be a major pucker factor on 88 at night. With overnight lows of 28 this coming weekend I'm not worried about the 10pm temps going up the hill.

The xice3 are actually fine in the dry and hot temps. No lateral grip (it's like driving on jello blocks), but they're quiet and well-behaved. Just a very very subtle buzz-whine as you slow to a stop below 5mph. I feel bad running at speed across the valley in warm weather on 'em, but after 2 seasons and probably 5-8k miles they look like new, even the shoulders.

OTOH, it's nice to *not* be on snows when you're stuck behind an STi bro too afraid to pass a pack of cars on a straight stretch of 88..

Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post
    830ish arrival at stage should be fine. Worst case lower stage lot as someone mentioned. 2nd worse case park at boulder and take shuttle to stage. Either case better than fiddlefukkin with gonde access imo.

Living around stage gonna miss the access. Gonna miss this winter. Not gonna miss digging my car out. Let the corn cycle begin! Again. Ps thought powdork would relate to the snow-mobile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3537.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	204804
    The worst part is--the guy was driving his car like that.

Guess which resort made the Sac Bee for closing early and the passholders are mad. Hint--it's not Squalpine.
    http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Oli...F208&mode=text
    I wonder if any of these folks will have their next year's passes revoked.

Why would anyone get their pass revoked? It it against a policy to post disappointment on the resorts FB page?

I like that KW got a mention in the article. Hanging in the company of the big leagues now.

"On Sunday, Tahoe Donner, Mount Shasta Ski Park, Homewood Mountain Resort and Kirkwood all closed for the season"

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Why would anyone get their pass revoked? It it against a policy to post disappointment on the resorts FB page?
    It's a joke / reference to Squaw. A couple of people had their passes revoked and refunded for bitching on social media. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    the schedule for squawlpine is posted on the website... open every weekend with a different theme until july 4th...

There's a robber baron joke in there somewhere.

Top hats, monacles, walking sticks...... Handing out real estate fliers for aspen/mammoth/squaw condos that don't exist yet. Giving out cookies with messages "sorry, we're closed: It snowed"

Hmmm

"theme weekends" eh?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

What's Squaw like these days? I'm seeing 250+ inches of base, but a bunch of the good runs are closed so not sure what the true picture is? Trying to decide if I tour or surf the corn.
    Dwell not upon thy weariness; thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Chnaiur View Post
    What's Squaw like these days? I'm seeing 250+ inches of base, but a bunch of the good runs are closed so not sure what the true picture is? Trying to decide if I tour or surf the corn.
    Huh? What are the good runs?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Obviously the black diamonds.
    Like K-12

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Some closures that made me raise my eyebrows given 4 meter base: Hidden bowl, GC peak, Headwall Face, all of Silverado.
    Dwell not upon thy weariness; thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.

Most of the good stuff is closed in the morning on corn days.

Squaw will be righteous the next three days.
    Still waiting...

silverado is in fact done for the season though

What's Squaw like these days? I'm seeing 250+ inches of base, but a bunch of the good runs are closed so not sure what the true picture is?
    I think it's updated in "realtime". Looks open now. Patrol keeps a lot of terrain closed with flippable lollipops until the sun hits it. Safe to say there's corn to be had.

Squaw pretty much had every lift on schedule except for Broken Arrow, which if you really want is a short hike. Not that any one hear cares, they are even still running Far East, so basically the entire mountain except for BA is lift served right now. Oh, and Solitude, but does that ever spin?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Not that any one hear cares, they are even still running Far East, so basically the entire mountain except for BA is lift served right now.
    I care. I wish they would stop running it. My kid insists on parking there for some reason.

The steep north facing stuff is closed for ice, as people have said. Alpine has been known to close the south and east facing mid morning once it starts getting sloppy. Of course Squaw does the same for smoothie. I don't know if they do it for other stuff--like Sun Bowl. (The trouble with Sun Bowl is that you have to ski a fairly steep north facing run to get back--so you do need edges on your corn skis.)

Nothing beats the Sherwood/Scott combo.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Obviously the black diamonds.
    Like K-12
    See signature....
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

You can still go hit plenty of fun intermediate runs like the chimney...

Patrol knows what they're doing since cleaning up body parts isn't particularly fun... especially when they slide several hundred feet first.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.