Page 20 of 184 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Not a thing anymore. As of this year. I was chatting with someone else who got kicked to the curb. From their perspective, some 7800' parties where furniture was burned in the parking lots got scapegoated on the people sleeping in their RVs; so no more RV lot.

Vail has finally gotten rid of the riff raff. The places is going to be wonderful now. Fantastic. Bigly, I tell you.

Or something like that. Sad loss.
    Sad. I've camped in Kirkwood parking lots on and off since elementary school (1985). Many great skiing memories include sleeping in a kirkwood lot....

Yeah really hoping it gets nice and cold. Alpine this mornin was something of a tropical storm lol. Honestly would have been a fun spring like day if the sun was a shining. At least the snow they did get will stack up nicely as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencon View Post
    Yeah really hoping it gets nice and cold. Alpine this mornin was something of a tropical storm lol. Honestly would have been a fun spring like day if the sun was a shining. At least the snow they did get will stack up nicely as a base.
    Pretty sure most of it is going to just slide right off with the rain. That extended forecast starting late next week is looking promising though. Fingers crossed.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I just went for a night trail run with the dog in my shorts. That's it. Nothing else.... well, the dog had his leash and we had a light....

Quote Originally Posted by coatrack View Post
    Going to be in San Fran for work this weekend. Day trip to Tahoe on Sunday worthwhile? Recommendations for anything other than Bay Area Bus?
    SnowPals for finding a carpool? You can post or reply to an offer. They are mostly sane people.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

at least we'll build a nice sonora pass spring skiing base....?

Anyone hike up Tamarak today? Theres a crust on pow in the parking area but I was wondering how it is up higher.

At least the mountain biking is coming back into play

Tahoe Mountain today
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06247.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	194715

Name:	DSC06182_crop.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	194716

Name:	DSC06270_crop.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	194717

Quote Originally Posted by Huck Pitueee View Post
    Anyone hike up Tamarak today? Theres a crust on pow in the parking area but I was wondering how it is up higher.
    http://www.sierraavalanchecenter.org...-tamarack-peak

Quote Originally Posted by coatrack View Post
    ...Day trip to Tahoe on Sunday worthwhile?
    Hey, don't knock "the bus"! For some it's all we have.
    So, seems it has been rain, and now wind is in the forecast.
    Are you even gonna bother going up?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Pretty depressing to hear it pour rain all night long at least temps are starting to lower hopefully things will start to get a good pasting above 8K. Impressed Kirkwood is spinning there lifts, my ACL's are whispering to me not to go...

Wet heavy snow above 7500ft at the Heave. Much lower than I thought I'd see white. 100 feet of wind too.

BA is really toying with my emotions for the coming week. All the models seem consistent with heavy precip regardless...

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 1018
Size:  299.0 KB

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1061
Size:  89.9 KB

Yes, please.

Snow levels lowered earlier then expected as I woke up to heavy snow at 7,500' and as ba confirmed in his blog soon after. Things are looking up.
    Stage opened today and it's only lift spinning at heave. Tomorow gonna be a good one

Dumping at KW. Just drove up the west slope and snain below 7k. Roads covered b4 7500'. Sweet.

In cabin, unpacking. Son and I will head out after lunch for his first laps of the season. Could not be more stoked.

Report of a slide in the Chutes at Rose (which weren't open). Search and rescue on the hill. Waiting for more info.
    Donjoy to the World!

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    Report of a slide in the Chutes at Rose (which weren't open). Search and rescue on the hill. Waiting for more info.
    From the SAC advisory today...

"Persistent slab avalanches are possible today on North aspects along the Sierra Crest above 8300' and in the Mt. Rose area above 9300' on slopes steeper than 32 degrees. "

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

Cheer up folks! Chain controls on broxkway this morn and NWS sees snow levels dropping "faster than expected". Could be a nice surprise tomorrow! And if you take the bus, you get drinks, breakfast and a movie regardless.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    Hope everyone is okay, but seriously how dumb do you have to be to poach the chutes after all of this wind-loading and rain?

Thanks. That guy does a good thorough report.

Could those guys really be that dumb. Both hike that high, and poach past the gates and ropes. Doesn't sound good though.....if they are really still looking. Sucks.
    Donjoy to the World!

No B, P or S. Sad. Likely gonna be a recovery.

Solid first post after lurking for 5 years
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Just read that they called off the search due to persistent snow and fear of rescuers being slid on
    2 guys in their 60's with no avy gear

+++ vibes

At 11:15 rain started to turn to snow headed up Luther at about the big meadow trailhead and it continued to be snow all the way to Kirkwood. On the way home around 2PM snow levels had risen and it turned back to rain at about the red lake parking area and was raining at Luther pass, but you could see the snowline a short ways up in the trees. Snow was pretty creamy and fun at Kirkwood today and I was surprised by the amount of terrain they had open, but you got soaked pretty quick, starting to look like winter out there!

Luther at 11:15

Name:	IMG_0873.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	194787

About 11:30 on Carson Pass

Name:	IMG_0877.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	974.2 KB 
ID:	194788