Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	540.5 KB 
ID:	189224
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

Zephyr Safeway has this. I opt for the "no touch" method. Gotta conserve those Clorox wipes. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=233211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161003_120012.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	189311

this thread had me stoked so i did what any logical guy would do. skied the pow from our latest storm. hiked out to the october patch with the pups
    Name:  day-1.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  94.0 KB

it was a deep windslab on the western edge and blown off across the rest
    Name:  day-1-2.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  121.3 KB

i thought perhaps method man patch would have a little more of the fresh on top so i headed that way. just before i got there i found a nice wind filled gully for the required 10 turns.

Name:  day-1-3.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  157.7 KB
    i was even able to ski back to the main trail
    Name:  day-1-4.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  209.4 KB
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Woot!!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I knew you would find rocks.

PD wins the race for first tracks! It's officially the new season.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Great job on getting this thread going again leplstoir. And ya, anything average or better would be greatly appreciated Ullr
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Nice job, PD.

Different topic . . . . I keep hearing good things about the new New Mexican restaurant that replaced the Wild Alaskan in Incline. Any firsthand reports? I love New Mexican Mexican food and Incline desperately needs more moderate and mid-range restaurant options, so I'm a little excited.

A New New Mexican Mexican restaurant? No thank you. I'm waiting for the new New Mexican Mexican New Mexican restaurant.
    not counting days 2016-17

Not seeing the appeal of a new mexican mexican food...

It is newer than the old Mexican. Or rather, black beans instead of refried. And more smoke than heat on the chili. Corn over flour. And there is more snow in New Mexico as well.

I've always called that "southwestern". Yes/no?

The latest from unofficial alpine:

" If something is going to change in a positive way, we need to stand up together and say something. Because if we say nothing or assume that we can’t change anything, we all stand to lose. The biggest takeaway from last week’s Keep Squaw True town hall meeting is that we need to engage as many people as we can in the process, and we can’t wait to do that."

http://unofficialalpine.com/?p=11443
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I've always called that "southwestern". Yes/no?
    This is important. If you haven't been to Taos, time to get edumacated/ski some great and lonely terrain. I think New Mexican is known for the heavy use of green chiles (preferably from the Hatch valley) and red chiles, whereas Southwest is more El Paso-style Tex Mex (no green chiles, lots of sauces, cheeses (queso!), etc.).

NM food is the best. I hear AKB is buying at this new restaurant...

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    This is important. If you haven't been to Taos, time to get edumacated/ski some great and lonely terrain. I think New Mexican is known for the heavy use of green chiles (preferably from the Hatch valley) and red chiles, whereas Southwest is more El Paso-style Tex Mex (no green chiles, lots of sauces, cheeses (queso!), etc.).

NM food is the best. I hear AKB is buying at this new restaurant...
    The vernacular that i was taught by my local professor while during a summer of dirtbagging college course/field work between Santa Fe and Montrose (we weren't delving into any luxury culture, but the only hotel we stayed in was in Taos): tex-mex is in south of that area, "southwestern" is in that exact area, and included lots and lots of smoked chilis and the like. my wife and i cruised through that area several years later, sleeping in the truck and being on the cheap. our favorite eatery of that ilk was found in durango.

maybe i've been misinformed, but i look forward to checking out that place on the north lake someday if it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Nice job, PD.

Different topic . . . . I keep hearing good things about the new New Mexican restaurant that replaced the Wild Alaskan in Incline. Any firsthand reports? I love New Mexican Mexican food and Incline desperately needs more moderate and mid-range restaurant options, so I'm a little excited.
    Funny that the Incline resident is asking a bunch of Bay Area people if they've tried the new New Mexican Incline restaurant down the road from them!

The vernacular that i was taught by my local professor while during a summer of dirtbagging college course/field work between Santa Fe and Montrose (we weren't delving into any luxury culture, but the only hotel we stayed in was in Taos): tex-mex is in south of that area, "southwestern" is in that exact area, and included lots and lots of smoked chilis and the like. my wife and i cruised through that area several years later, sleeping in the truck and being on the cheap. our favorite eatery of that ilk was found in durango.

maybe i've been misinformed, but i look forward to checking out that place on the north lake someday if it lasts.
    We need a real New Mexican in here to set us straight. Main point: New Mexican/southwestern food is really damn good.

Saw the new TGR flick last night in SF. The Squaw scene with all the legends of TGR's past films (lots of 90s skiers too) was rad - really fun Palisades scene to close out the flick. BRING ON THE SNOW

Gerome: Hey, there are a number of Incliners on TGR. Also, we get about one new restaurant a year. It's VERY exciting.

For the record, I am New Mexican, at least by birth. I've also lived and consumed copious amounts of Mexican food in Austin and California. My take is that New Mexican Mexican uses more chiles, various forms of fry bread, corn meal, and blue corn. It's much more Native American influenced than Tex Mex or Cal Mex. Also, if you've never had a proper New Mexican sopapilla with honey, you've lived a miserable, wasted existence.

Well, I live in the north bay and have tried just about every restaurant in Truckee / Tahoe City / West Shore, so it's not crazy to ask regardless. On the newer places note, I'm a fan of Old Town Tap. Good pizzas. What's the name of the new New Mexican place in Incline?

This thread is making me hungry and wanting to hit up Taos this season (meant to last year but they barely got any snow).

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    What's the name of the new New Mexican place in Incline?
    Alebrijes. Will have to check out the Old Town Tap. I've started hitting Burger Me after outdoor pursuits in that area.

You're welcome for the first image.

Is it authentic? Do they ask, green or red?

Better start stocking up on bread and milk

First Atmospheric River Of The Season Could Bring LOADS Of Snow To The West!
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/2016/1...ow-to-the-west

Yesterday Toads looked like this, got me thinking about skiing again!

Name:	14525031_1220208448052023_4038332153149437924_o.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	403.4 KB 
ID:	189495

Name:	14566448_1220208434718691_8701319421253224029_o.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	380.9 KB 
ID:	189497

View from Big Meadow today

Name:	14524409_1221261487946719_3792459003751924849_o.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	591.1 KB 
ID:	189496

I keep reading about high snow levels. It could jump start mammoth's season.

I keep reading about high snow levels. It could jump start mammoth's season.
    It's looking like the storm(s) around next weekend won't make it far enough south to do much of anything for Mammoth. The models keep flip-flopping for Tahoe.