Page 151 of 175 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4358
    830ish arrival at stage should be fine. Worst case lower stage lot as someone mentioned. 2nd worse case park at boulder and take shuttle to stage. Either case better than fiddlefukkin with gonde access imo.

Living around stage gonna miss the access. Gonna miss this winter. Not gonna miss digging my car out. Let the corn cycle begin! Again. Ps thought powdork would relate to the snow-mobile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3537.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	204804

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    ^ dang dude, I pulled my snows off on Cesar Chavez day. Holy shit my car was so much quieter without the pointless studs in the bay area!
    Y'all with your made-up bullshit holidays. Chloe got Cesar Chavez day off, works for the county. BAH I say!

You've got a few things on me. 1. Ground clearance. 2. Studs (yeah, I'd take that shit off too! I'm just running xice3 w/out studs). 3. Whatever your other tires are? I'm normally running on full summer tires. I don't so much mind them in cold temps (sub-40, summer tires are really only hard when they're COLD COLD from being parked, once you get rolling it's okay).. but the surprise snowpack runoff that refreezes on the roadways can be a major pucker factor on 88 at night. With overnight lows of 28 this coming weekend I'm not worried about the 10pm temps going up the hill.

The xice3 are actually fine in the dry and hot temps. No lateral grip (it's like driving on jello blocks), but they're quiet and well-behaved. Just a very very subtle buzz-whine as you slow to a stop below 5mph. I feel bad running at speed across the valley in warm weather on 'em, but after 2 seasons and probably 5-8k miles they look like new, even the shoulders.

OTOH, it's nice to *not* be on snows when you're stuck behind an STi bro too afraid to pass a pack of cars on a straight stretch of 88..

Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post
    830ish arrival at stage should be fine. Worst case lower stage lot as someone mentioned. 2nd worse case park at boulder and take shuttle to stage. Either case better than fiddlefukkin with gonde access imo.

Living around stage gonna miss the access. Gonna miss this winter. Not gonna miss digging my car out. Let the corn cycle begin! Again. Ps thought powdork would relate to the snow-mobile.

The worst part is--the guy was driving his car like that.

Guess which resort made the Sac Bee for closing early and the passholders are mad. Hint--it's not Squalpine.
    http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Oli...F208&mode=text
    I wonder if any of these folks will have their next year's passes revoked.

Why would anyone get their pass revoked? It it against a policy to post disappointment on the resorts FB page?

I like that KW got a mention in the article. Hanging in the company of the big leagues now.

"On Sunday, Tahoe Donner, Mount Shasta Ski Park, Homewood Mountain Resort and Kirkwood all closed for the season"

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Why would anyone get their pass revoked? It it against a policy to post disappointment on the resorts FB page?
    It's a joke / reference to Squaw. A couple of people had their passes revoked and refunded for bitching on social media. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    the schedule for squawlpine is posted on the website... open every weekend with a different theme until july 4th...

There's a robber baron joke in there somewhere.

Top hats, monacles, walking sticks...... Handing out real estate fliers for aspen/mammoth/squaw condos that don't exist yet. Giving out cookies with messages "sorry, we're closed: It snowed"

Hmmm

"theme weekends" eh?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

What's Squaw like these days? I'm seeing 250+ inches of base, but a bunch of the good runs are closed so not sure what the true picture is? Trying to decide if I tour or surf the corn.
    Dwell not upon thy weariness; thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Chnaiur View Post
    What's Squaw like these days? I'm seeing 250+ inches of base, but a bunch of the good runs are closed so not sure what the true picture is? Trying to decide if I tour or surf the corn.
    Huh? What are the good runs?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Obviously the black diamonds.
    Like K-12
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Some closures that made me raise my eyebrows given 4 meter base: Hidden bowl, GC peak, Headwall Face, all of Silverado.
    Dwell not upon thy weariness; thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.

Most of the good stuff is closed in the morning on corn days.

Squaw will be righteous the next three days.
    Still waiting...

silverado is in fact done for the season though

What's Squaw like these days? I'm seeing 250+ inches of base, but a bunch of the good runs are closed so not sure what the true picture is?
    I think it's updated in "realtime". Looks open now. Patrol keeps a lot of terrain closed with flippable lollipops until the sun hits it. Safe to say there's corn to be had.

Squaw pretty much had every lift on schedule except for Broken Arrow, which if you really want is a short hike. Not that any one hear cares, they are even still running Far East, so basically the entire mountain except for BA is lift served right now. Oh, and Solitude, but does that ever spin?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Not that any one hear cares, they are even still running Far East, so basically the entire mountain except for BA is lift served right now.
    I care. I wish they would stop running it. My kid insists on parking there for some reason.

The steep north facing stuff is closed for ice, as people have said. Alpine has been known to close the south and east facing mid morning once it starts getting sloppy. Of course Squaw does the same for smoothie. I don't know if they do it for other stuff--like Sun Bowl. (The trouble with Sun Bowl is that you have to ski a fairly steep north facing run to get back--so you do need edges on your corn skis.)

Nothing beats the Sherwood/Scott combo.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Obviously the black diamonds.
    Like K-12
    See signature....
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

You can still go hit plenty of fun intermediate runs like the chimney...

Patrol knows what they're doing since cleaning up body parts isn't particularly fun... especially when they slide several hundred feet first.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    regarding skiing after the 4th it looks like they will allow skis and boards to be brought up the tram and hike from there... employees are being told that they might run shirley on weekends after the 4th
    Got my attention, but we'll see ....
    Always thought they had their heads rectally inserted for not letting skis/boards on the tram after the lifts closed.

Squaw and Alpine are both going to be great this weekend.
    Traffic sat at SV will suck because its Earthday!
    Heard a rumor the show gondola sv/am got jacked, anyone?

Skiing is good at Squaw. Pick your lines carefully as some of it icy crap with some froze death cookies mixed in for sport and some is just flat closed. Like North Bowl, West Face and other stuff in the morning, to prevent badasses from hopping into the runs and sliding to the bottom or worse case, into the trees. Use your noodle and you will be okay or if that fails, watch where everyone else is skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Always thought they had their heads rectally inserted for not letting skis/boards on the tram after the lifts closed.
    Though, I assume that means they'd have to have ski patrol, etc. working if they're allowing people up the tram with ski gear right? Private property, can't just transfer liability over to the forest service like at other resorts.

Or is that not how it works?

Who's at AM tomorrow?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoe420 View Post
    Heard a rumor the show gondola sv/am got jacked, anyone?
    I have no idea what this means
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post

that looks about as bottomed out as they get. the best thing to do there is the dig a tunnel to your drivers side windshield and drive it like that.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.