Page 7 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Free hot chocolate for everyone!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Free hot chocolate for everyone!!!
    But a high five is gonna cost ya.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Sweet setup for great price in Truckee:

185 G3 synapse carbon 109 with Ion bindings and BD skins. $550

Not mine. AFAIK, contact through FB.

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    So what's the story at Kirkwood?
    I posted on their Facebook page, we'll see if they answer. If Vail is just going to sit on their thumbs they need to get called out for it before the season starts. I buy an Epic Tahoe Local pass in addition to Squawlpine so I have windy day storm skiing at Northstar *and* access to Kirkwood. If Kirkwood isn't going to have Cornice operational (meaning all the other chairs will have Heavenly-ish lines) I'd rather just get a pass at Homewood for windy days.

Powdork isn't just famous on the internet:

Nice shot. Glad to see you recognized. Will they have an exhibition of winter photography?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

New Construction In Protected Alpine Wetlands
    THAAAAAAANKS FOR CALLING KIRKWO....CHINA PEAK!!! After running the infrastructure at Kirkwood into the ground, we sold it to those poor suckers at Vail. Since I took over at China Peak, I kind of miss giving the morning snow phone updates at Kirkwood though. Thankfully, I won't have to do that this year, "...chair 6 is still fucked...I mean not working..." That said, if you like running lifts, just drive down Hwy 99 a little ways and we'll take good care of you at our family resort.
    "The vision of Kirkwood is to develop a resort that can be both a big mountain and a small community. We see Kirkwood as the kind of place where you know your neighbors and don't worry about your kids. A resort where everyone in the family, regardless of their generation, can enjoy the true high Sierra experience."

Money will not be the issue fixing chair 6 at Kirkwood. That is not something Vail Resorts would neglect or delay. Weather and terrain conditions might affect repairs but it won't be funding.

From the info I received 4matic is correct and they are on top of the situation with repairs/tests being a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Anyone have a line on a couple's spot in a SLT/Myers/KW ski lease?
    I'm in the same boat--looking for a couple's spot nearish to Kirkwood. Is there a place where people advertise ski leases other than that snowpals site that spams the boards occasionally?

^^ Craigslist typically has a good number of them.

I'll keep an eye out--thanks!

TDLT and the Northern Sierra Partnership have some interesting ideas in the works:
    http://www.tahoequarterly.com/Featur...on-the-horizon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

If there's enough of you guys looking for leases at kirkwood and there's not an existing one to join, I recommend calling up my main lady Joan at pyramid peak properties -- I do my lease through her every year and they represent some great (cheap) properties in the valley.

As for chair 6, it sort of looks like a tree fell on it....? I bet it will be down all season with horrible lines on slow-ass 10. My best advice is to avoid kw this winter, especially on powder days.

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    http://www.tahoequarterly.com/Featur...on-the-horizon

Thanks for posting this up. This is awesome. It really is a weakness of the area vs other mountain states. Looking forward to changeeeeeeeeee
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

I'm wondering what condition all the highlands are in, considering the rain and warm temperatures this week. has anyone been up to see how much was lost on shaded slopes? I'm thinking of heading to Rose but may consider Castle if it comes in strong this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Anyone have a line on a couple's spot in a SLT/Myers/KW ski lease?
    Still looking? There is a guy at the Heavenly Nevada chair parking lot with room. Awesome bunch, 5 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 kitchens, hot tub access, and plenty of parking. November 14th-end of April for $1500 including deposit!
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by jcolingham View Post
    Still looking? There is a guy at the Heavenly Nevada chair parking lot with room. Awesome bunch, 5 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 kitchens, hot tub access, and plenty of parking. November 14th-end of April for $1500 including deposit!
    Is that for weekends only?

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    I'm wondering what condition all the highlands are in, considering the rain and warm temperatures this week. has anyone been up to see how much was lost on shaded slopes? I'm thinking of heading to Rose but may consider Castle if it comes in strong this weekend.
    Don't know about Rose but on the sierra crest up to 8200 feet the snow is gone on the NE slopes that hold snow late. And then there's the forecast for the weekend.

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

Round Top last Saturday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1477588398.072789.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	353.7 KB 
ID:	191191

Above Winnemucca Lake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1477588526.665177.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	286.4 KB 
ID:	191192

We need more.

Yes, but I hate being on that side of town. Myers most ideal.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Is that for weekends only?
    No, 15 days a month max. Nice digs but I don't ski heavenly often and the location is just not my style.

The group is late 20's to early 40's. I can get you in touch
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Sunday's portion of the storm is starting to look pretty legit... should be a good base-builder if it holds.

No, 15 days a month max. Nice digs but I don't ski heavenly often and the location is just not my style.

The group is late 20's to early 40's. I can get you in touch
    Not this year, we have a place in Whistier. It is getting to be stupid expensive here, like 1500/month for a couples bedroom in a shared house, if it is the same next winter we might rent out our place and go somewhere else for a season.

Fack...wish I didn't have a PT appointment tomorrow or I'd definitely call in sick at work. The web cams are showing some promising buildup.

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    It is absolutely nuking in Glenshire snowmageddon OMG OMG OMGGGGGGG
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"