Page 182 of 184 FirstFirst ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 4591
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Gazex at top of High Yellow Gully and Pete's Peril could potentially suck--I guess we'll see.
    now all they need is a self driving snow cat that can go up the K2 road.
    Pete's Peril is ine of my favorites. They'd better not mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    There is already a gazex at the very top of high yellow and it annoys the shit out of me as it def has had a negative impact on the snow and the best line
    Wait.... what? How have I not noticed this? Are you sure? Did it just get buried so quickly last winter I forgot about it? Although... it's always so wind scoured up top there I doubt that could happen.

There is already a gazex at the very top of high yellow and it annoys the shit out of me as it def has had a negative impact on the snow and the best line
    Good to know your ski line is more important than patroller safety

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    what you're doing just ain't right

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wait.... what? How have I not noticed this? Are you sure? Did it just get buried so quickly last winter I forgot about it? Although... it's always so wind scoured up top there I doubt that could happen.
    You think they put it where it's scoured? Perhaps why you shouldn't comment on operations.

Last edited by Bobby Light; 10-08-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Light View Post
    You think they put it where it's scoured? Perhaps why you shouldn't comment on operations.

Or you could re-read what I wrote you fucking idiot.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    They clearly show the actual Sierra Buttes as a heli destination from the lodge - that's bullshit. And the captions for the "rad" photos were obviously written by an English- as-12th-language gaper. This is retarded.
    Anybody know where I can buy mortar rounds?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Yes
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Or you could re-read what I wrote you fucking idiot.
    BayJay,

Thanks for your response. As per your request I have re-read what you wrote. I see that you were originally concerned that the gasex had been buried. (Which is correct, they had to dig it out multiple times). You then go on to discount that theory by saying, "Although....it's always so wind scoured up top there I doubt that could happen." I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by dishwasher-dave View Post
    The Hideout is the raddest spot for a wedding I've been to in the Tahoe area. It's just a click or two west of Silver Lake, not far from the old Iron Mountain. There are probably a bunch more fotos of the lodge and area on their summer wedding focused website.
    Yeah, I went to a friend's wedding there and it was amazing in the summer, including the huge hot tub built into the granite rock outcrop next to the main house. The new website for skiing is whack though. I'd love to spend a long weekend there with sleds. The mini golf behind the house could be fun. The website description is ridiculous though. Half of the photos are from there, or look like they could be taken from there, but half are definitely not from the site. There is no sauna with a view of the west side of Thunder Mountain. And two hours of Hobbs time to fly to the Buttes could be the equivalent cost of at least four heli-ski runs.

Anybody going to the MSP premiere Wednesday night at Squaw? I'll be there -- look for a grey Flylow cap. AKB might be joining too, would be good to see some fellow mags.

BayJay,

Thanks for your response. As per your request I have re-read what you wrote. I see that you were originally concerned that the gasex had been buried. (Which is correct, they had to dig it out multiple times). You then go on to discount that theory by saying, "Although....it's always so wind scoured up top there I doubt that could happen." I apologize for any misunderstanding.

While your at it, stop being a whiney cunt. And ya, I prefer hand charges to gasex pretty much anywhere, but we all know they aren't getting put in for "safety"

While your at it, stop being a whiney cunt. And ya, I prefer hand charges to gasex pretty much anywhere, but we all know they aren't getting put in for "safety"
    Please elaborate on how gasex placement on high yellow isn't primarily for safety.

BayJay,

My point was, I didn't remember seeing it "up top" last season as had been suggested, then realized it must be tucked lower down since the top is always wind scoured anyway. I didn't deeply elaborate because no one (except you, apparently) gives a shit about picking over minute details and it was an offhand comment on an internet forum. I also said nothing whatsoever about operations - I don't give a fuck anyway since this year I bailed on the over-sold shitshow Squawlpine has become.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Anybody going to the MSP premiere Wednesday night at Squaw? I'll be there -- look for a grey Flylow cap. AKB might be joining too, would be good to see some fellow mags.
    We bailed from the Sonoma fires up to Truckee... so I'm hoping to make it out.

so where are you skiing this year TahoeJ? Sugarbowl?

Ill be working the phunkshun booth at the msp movie tomorrow
    FYI: presales are sold out and the movie will completely sell out since its just one show
    doors open at 7 so get there early!

Thursday evening in Reno were showing Rogue Elements at the reno aces ballpark... Come thru!

in other news: I guess Im one of the only folks in this group that much prefers gazex over hand charges

Personally I prefer Snow Safety Helicopters over both gazex and handcharges

Daisy Bell
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    As if the bombs weren't enough to wake me up every time it snows...

We're going to MSP tomorrow! Fingers crossed for tix! Where are the maggots congregating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    so where are you skiing this year TahoeJ? Sugarbowl?
    Yes, Sugar Bowl and Epic Tahoe local... and Mountain Collective.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    I prefer the 75mm recoiless rifle. chute 75 was named after some 75 mm artillery piece that used to be up there.

We bailed from the Sonoma fires up to Truckee... so I'm hoping to make it out.
    Damn man. Hope you and the fam escaped with your homes and lives intact.

My next door neighbor is a Santa Rosa FF, and grew up there. He knows dozens of people who have lost their homes. Tragic. Anyway, as they say, +++++vibes+++++ to all the Santa Rosa/Sonoma folks who've lost everything. Hope no mags were affected.