Page 161 of 184 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4591

Is this real life? Huh, well since I'm not dreaming I guess I'll just keep skiing then.

Crashing with friends in Truckee Fri and maybe Sat. Got camping gear. Plan to ski Carson Pass Sunday on our way home. Not sure of Sat plans.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Speaking of Rose, any pass holders willing to get us one or even two buddy tickets on Saturday (if we decide to go that way)?

And if we was that way, a good game plan. Assume start on Slide side, and head over to the main side when it warms, and maybe a lower gate into the chutes from Main for entry level.
    I'll be in Mammoth, so can't help (I'll be @ Rose on Sun/Mon). Just get to the slide side before they open @ 8:30. 90% of the people there will have passes so you'll easily find a couple of buddies.

They've been keeping the lower main side gates closed due to wet slide issues. For the least intimidating I'd go into Miller Time and traverse left to Nightmare (skips the steep bumpy zone at the top).

Looks like picture perfect temps. Enjoy if you go!

This may be old news but I saw a sign on Ski Run that heave is opening for the 3- day weekend.

Maybe this: Ski season is closed over at Heavenly Mountain, but guests can still enjoy snow tubing during their May 27-29 event

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Seems as thought the winds have blown out the inversion and the temps are favorable at night. All day window of perfect spring snow today out on pass. Even last run at 3 was bliss. Tonight is sposed to be the coldest of week so another all day window should be on tap tomorow

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Seems as thought the winds have blown out the inversion and the temps are favorable at night. All day window of perfect spring snow today out on pass. Even last run at 3 was bliss. Tonight is sposed to be the coldest of week so another all day window should be on tap tomorow
    I should be out there following the sun bouncing between Round Top & Elephants Back. White Nike baseball cap or black beanie.

arrrgggh i knew checking in here would be a bad idea. stuck at home with a sick kid (broken paw). he'd be fine but the splint isn't supposed to get wet.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Froze at Rose last night. Slide side parking lot had a thin sheet of ice on it this morning at 7:25am.
    Zephyr lift began spinning at 8 (got second chair) and first coupla runs were hardpack.
    Chutes opened up close to 9 and some of the lower ones ("Nightmare", for example) were skiing nicely at that time. Hit "El Capitan" a little after that and it was still a bit on the hardpack scraper side of things.
    Banged out a few more chute runs with Gone2Alpine and Flexon Phil ("Nightmare" and "Beehive" and "Hornet's Nest" all delivered nicely).
    The run outs back to the lift at the bottom of the chutes started to get sloppy around 11:30ish.
    Good window, though, from about 8:30 to 11.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Holy road hell. Left Santa Cruz just before 1pm and got to Colfax just before 6pm. The Bay Area is one giant hell of cars.

We briefly thought about a KSL pass for next year as we really enjoy spring skiing. Now way I'd do that drive with any regularity. I know it is Memorial Day Weekend, but that was brutal.

I've got a beer and the kid is out of the car and watching TV. Good times.

Today delivered.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	413.4 KB 
ID:	206922

Warmup on Eback

Views:	92 
Size:	690.3 KB 
ID:	206921

Then to the east flank of Roundtop

Views:	91 
Size:	727.4 KB 
ID:	206923

& back to Elephants Back

Views:	98 
Size:	543.1 KB 
ID:	206924

FYI/PSA:

Rose is opening at 8am (at least the Slide side) and closing at 2pm for the long w/e
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Yeah I-80 from Auburn was packed, but I'm sure nothing like Bay Area. We took old 40 from Rainbow. Dropped Owen off at Strawberry Music Fest with friends. Skiing BC off Mt Rose Hwy in the morning. Wife wants to hit Reno and go shopping.

http://squawalpine.com/springskiingcapital#share

Would you guys mind tossing me some votes on all the devices you have? Haha. My picture is the butter picture, ON3P skis, I am currently either in second or first place.. in a close race with those little girls:/ I know my picture isn't of the heaviest line or biggest cliff, but you can vote for me and any other picture you want, as long as it is not those little girls haha.

Thanks guys, it has been a great season this year.

Sorry I'm voting for the wee lasses.

Whadafuk is a corn crystal?
    *Temps dropped down to the mid-30’s- allowing the snow to refreeze into large corn crystals*

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I dunno but I know Krystal Kartwright slarved some corn out Tamarack this morning.

Anybody have info on conditions on that pretty peak north of downieville/Sierra city?

At donner summit this morning, things were pretty cooked by 10/11 this morning, northeast, east, and southeast aspects.

So, just heard KT22 open until 7 pm (again) tomorrow (Sunday).
    >> *Think* we have one Comp we can offer up!!<<
    If'n you wanna shred thah mothahship?
    Or for Monday, if you like (but no KT running on Monday).
    PM me, or post up.

The summer of Squaw. Didn't ski there all year now, shredding it to the ground except the snow is still 20 feet deep.

Rip Gregg

Pond skim at 1pm.
    Hot tub party 12 - 3.
    It's like a *gappening* man.

Got some SV comps we aren't going to use. Headed to Carson Pass Sunday.

Corn today so good

Some good skiing to be had at Carson pass today. Based on the coverage out there today I'm thinking of picking up one of these summer season passes for $20, think there good for woods lake also. Anyone buy one before? Can you get them at the information center on Carson pass when it opens?
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/e...058&width=full

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    So, just heard KT22 open until 7 pm (again) tomorrow (Sunday).
    >> *Think* we have one Comp we can offer up!!<<
    If'n you wanna shred thah mothahship?
    Or for Monday, if you like (but no KT running on Monday).
    PM me, or post up.
    Damn. We chose Saturday due to bday party today. We were headed back to Shirley thinking it was 2:30, but it was 3:35. Little guy decide on for sure Siberia instead of maybe getting to KT before close. He was ready to ski more when we finally made it down around 4:15. To bad KT was not still spinning.

Also heard they are going to reopen Headwall and Granite once they close KT today. We would have been stoked on those two lifts open as well. Oh well.

Fun bumping into y'all yesterday. My son was stoked on those waggles.