Page 148 of 184 FirstFirst ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4591
    Quote Originally Posted by Lencon View Post
    I heard, and this is just what Ive picked up in lift lines so dont qoute me, but I heard that if you buy a Squaw pass you only get a certain number of "free" spring skiing days.
    oops did you say don't quote you?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I thought. And this was just in my head...

that it's time to either quit supporting KSL or quit bitching and know that you chose your well-informed experience at this point.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Are you one of those people that thinks if someone is bitching about the president they should move to another country?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Define "snow"

It was nuking dry on top of Lincoln and wet down below when I realized ditching the gortex layer was a poor decision and skated for the car at 3:15PM today.

Anyone have info on Green Creek chuteout at Bridgeport CA? Is that happening this year? Figured this was the closest area

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Are you one of those people that thinks if someone is bitching about the president they should move to another country?
    You coming with me or what?

Mountain biking in nelson is rad.

Totally same scale of life decisions.

totally
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

The skiing in Canada is just so much better too. Our mountains are way gnarlier I can't believe you guys even have pros. I dare anybody to show me in person some sick runs ;p I'll be there in 2 weeks

^Win

If you need some connections for the green creek deelio let me know. I'll put you in touch.

I have a bunch of full and half price comps for the Heave/Gnarstar I need to get rid of. Any takers?

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

Yeah me I need some freebies or halfies
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

that it's time to either quit supporting KSL or quit bitching and know that you chose your well-informed experience at this point.
    This (although I'll give a pass to people who live in the valley or up in Alpine since going elsewhere isn't realistic logistically). I was hoping their project would get denied by the BoS, but after they forced it through by basically bribing people that was the last straw for me. Hearing how many people are jumping on their spring offering, the lines and parking next winter are going to be even worse. Those of you making the switch, you've been warned, so no bitching next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This (although I'll give a pass to people who live in the valley or up in Alpine since going elsewhere isn't realistic logistically). I was hoping their project would get denied by the BoS, but after they forced it through by basically bribing people that was the last straw for me. Hearing how many people are jumping on their spring offering, the lines and parking next winter are going to be even worse. Those of you making the switch, you've been warned, so no bitching next year.
    Here's some help: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...?highlight=ksl

If that's insufficient to satisfy your desire to complain, I would like point out to everybuddy that every complaint contains a positive vision. It's always easier to understand what people want when they state it clearly instead of decrying what they don't want, but it's all good. People talking about what they like, what's not working for them and what would get them stoked. Dialogue is good. Keep it up. Shut up about telling people to shut up.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Many of us will continue to bitch because it is clear that Squaw management is paying attention. One can argue that their response is to ignore or retaliate; IMO they are sensitive enough about the complaints to improve operations to some degree--presumably by hiring more lift op, maintenance, grooming (that pesky KT road), and patrol personnel. Many of us will continue to ski SVAM because there is no comparable terrain in North Tahoe. Those who have decided to ski elsewhere, who don't like bitching in general, or who think things are fine are free to ignore the thread, the same way I ignore the east coast thread.

Yeah, my comment was directed at people making the switch. No pretending you don't know what you're getting yourself into, that's all. And make sure to set your alarms in the morning. ;-)

Aw man, you guys are right, I'm sorry.

I think KSL really is trying to turn things around. The recent mergers pretty much prove they'll probably care even more about a few hundred unsatisfied 400 dollar pass holders.
    I say we give them a chance. Definitely should keep skiing there. All the changes brought about this year from expressing concerns...........all the turnarounds evident in how KSL views their role in tahoe and tahoe's role in their future. I guess I just haven't really been paying attention. That'll all.

Right behind ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    Bridgeport CA? Figured this was the closest area
    Or Mammoth.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    I have a bunch of full and half price comps for the Heave/Gnarstar I need to get rid of. Any takers?
    me?

I'll take a couple of those gnarstar comps if you still got some.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

tried to get to kirkwood today around noon:30 but the road was closed for avalanche control according to the signs. i parked near the scott's lake road and headed up waterhouse. never did hear any avie control but did see a couple flatbed tow trucks go by so i'm guessing there were accidents. around 7,500' i started noticing some settling but just around the skis. at 8,200 the whole slope i was on crackled and sizzled for about 3 seconds. i went down with my tail firmly between my legs.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    tried to get to kirkwood today around noon:30 but the road was closed for avalanche control according to the signs. i parked near the scott's lake road and headed up waterhouse. never did hear any avie control but did see a couple flatbed tow trucks go by so i'm guessing there were accidents. around 7,500' i started noticing some settling but just around the skis. at 8,200 the whole slope i was on crackled and sizzled for about 3 seconds. i went down with my tail firmly between my legs.
    Smart man goes down the skin track, and lives to skin another day.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    at 8,200 the whole slope i was on crackled and sizzled for about 3 seconds. i went down with my tail firmly between my legs.
    Whoa!

Wish someone had been with you to see if your face turned blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^They have that posted on their site. Buy next years pass, ski through the 4th. A number of KW pass holders I know are going that route and changing resorts for next year. Being a coastal dweller, I fear the 80 way too much. Although, I know at least my son and I will buy at least one day pass at Squaw this May. He may request we get there twice.
    Sad but Not surprised...

I have two Squaw days to burn may and June. I love skiing the upper mountain and hitting the tables in the summer

Maybe all the KSL haters will get Kirkwood passes and all the Vail haters will get Squaw passes...

This was my first year with a Squaw pass. Being a sac valley commuter the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. The Sierra/Sugarbowl deal sweetener made it work for me and I used all my days at each.

I'm going back to the S@T pass and I picked up mountain collective for 3 days of Squaw. Optimistic but I believe I'll get to 3-4 other collective spots and then there's the Powder Alliance that S@T. Might be brewing some once-in-a-lifetime haggard-ass sleep-in-the-parking-lot road trip with the labrador to connect the dots on the map.

It seems like earlier and earlier they are making people buy passes. Maybe soon they will make us buy passes for the next season before the previous season even starts!

I think I will just do Sugar Bowl again. I was reminded last Friday though how much fun Squaw is when the snow is good and it is not mega crowded, however, that seems like the very rare exception now a days and not the norm.