Page 146 of 184 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4591
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    ...But why is Disney--both sides--nothing but traverse lines wall to wall top to bottom?.
    Ah, it's all about *thah nose* innit!
    No, don't know.
    Yeah good storm-day at AM. Not deep, but ski'd nice.
    We got skunked on CondoRun at the end with Scott, then Lakeview closing.
    But glad to see lifts spinning in wind & whiteout.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

snowboarder

skier

Seems the only difference is the length of the pole.

Today was really really good
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Kind of wishing I had gone to Alpine now but considering I had to get out of town before noon (80 closed shortly after so glad I did), Northstar worked out. First time on 125mm skis and they're ideal for that place since it's so flat and you can stay on top of the fresh snow on the runouts.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So word is Alpine Meadows will only be open every day until April 30, then two more weekends in May and closing on May 14. Ugh. It's so much better in Spring conditions than Squaw. Not as bad as Kirkwood's early close but that's not saying much.
    That would be a dreamy KW schedule. Hell, weekends until April 30th would be dreamy.

Kind of wishing I had gone to Alpine now but considering I had to get out of town before noon (80 closed shortly after so glad I did), Northstar worked out. First time on 125mm skis and they're ideal for that place since it's so flat and you can stay on top of the fresh snow on the runouts.

I'm surprised those things turned at all at Northstar

Quote Originally Posted by sierraskier View Post
    I'm surprised those things turned at all at Northstar
    Heh. My first couple laps before they opened the backside I had to go down the front and made maybe 2 or 3 turns the whole way, pretty much just had to go straight after the first little bit of pitch. Fun skis and they pivot really well for 193cm, but damn they're heavy like having a couple of tanks on your feet. Was that your reaction? I'd definitely take them cat skiing but they probably won't see the resort again unless there's at least 15 inches or more.

Heh. My first couple laps before they opened the backside I had to go down the front and made maybe 2 or 3 turns the whole way, pretty much just had to go straight after the first little bit of pitch. Fun skis and they pivot really well for 193cm, but damn they're heavy like having a couple of tanks on your feet. Was that your reaction? I'd definitely take them cat skiing but they probably won't see the resort again unless there's at least 15 inches or more.
    Yeah they are heavy. They aren't hard to turn but want to go Mach 10. Like I said, a perfect AK ski

First time on 125mm skis and they're ideal for that place since it's so flat
    Heh, it was a deep day at Northstar earlier this season that convinced me 106 underfoot was not enough for my skinny little butt
    I'm thinking 116 will do it for me.

Those the skis of famed legal threats by SCOTT USA SUCKS BALLS?
    ON3P skis are heavy in general ... I'm sure I'd lose an ACL or two just dangling those suckers from the chairlift all day.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Heh, it was a deep day at Northstar earlier this season that convinced me 106 underfoot was not enough for my skinny little butt
    I'm thinking 116 will do it for me.

Those the skis of famed legal threats by SCOTT USA SUCKS BALLS?
    ON3P skis are heavy in general ... I'm sure I'd lose an ACL or two just dangling those suckers from the chairlift all day.
    Yeah, my Billy Goats are 116 and they're fine through the flats. I was just looking for an excuse to get out on the Cease & Desists for the first time (I think Scott USA did Scott a favor since C&D is a cool name anyway). Once you get moving fast enough they don't feel heavy at all (they'd probably be amazing in AK), but at slower speeds they can be sluggish and hard on the legs... I took them through some bumps and that was, umm, interesting. ;-)

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

Dropped Granite Peak right behind patrol.

Be warned that there are still gapers out and about. If you own or know somebody with a silver Honda pilot that somehow ended up very far from where you left it this morning. That's because we had to move it from its third row parking spot and let me out. Unless it's with two girls, I don't like being the meat in the sandwich.

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Dropped Granite Peak right behind patrol.

Is that Direct Chute?!? Looks totally different or is that something else. Either way, congrats. Nice turns.

Got my daughter out this afternoon and from looks of tracks at Alpine I'm kinda kicking myself for not coming up last night.

well just back to VT after 9 days in tahoe,what a great trip.5 days out 7 days of skiing in fresh snow one great sunny day at kirkwood.visablity was skechy 4 of the days,but skiing was so good i didn't mind.got a taste of kirkwood sugarbowl and alpine,fun skiing at all.just a little jealous of those that get it all season.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ski2fish4ever View Post
    well just back to VT after 9 days in tahoe,what a great trip.5 days out 7 days of skiing in fresh snow one great sunny day at kirkwood.visablity was skechy 4 of the days,but skiing was so good i didn't mind.got a taste of kirkwood sugarbowl and alpine,fun skiing at all.just a little jealous of those that get it all season.
    Skiing, in California? There's no such thing. Tell your friends!

emcee,thats a tough task,probably sa many Vermonters in tahoe skiing as their are california'ers. and i don't have any freinds LOL

Kirkwood was titties today.

Was 80 closed all nite?

Do your poles ever touch snow?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

another fun and exciting day sliding on snow. planning a dawn patrol type thing to elephant back but fortunately i forgot the car i took didn't have a snopark with it. so after using the facilities i went back down to the also empty red lake parking area and skinned up the old road. along the way i noticed some instabilities in the snow pack. most notably the snow from yesterday evening was sitting on a layer of variable thickness. there was about 18" fresh snow under this crust and 6-12" on top.
    when i got to dead tree bowl i wanted no part of skinning across the bowl since the road is gone from the slide path on the far side, but my first objective was on the other side.
    so i skinned up a bit and skied down the safer skiers right side, and then skinned up through the trees beyond the slide path.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frog-lake-ridge-047.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	204439

so i could get to this much safer face over here. that was kind of sketch with the dogs. i saw nacho the whole time but whiskey disappeared and stopped barking (which is what he does as soon as he realizes someone is looking for him). it was scary but quick

Name:	frog-lake-ridge-085.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	204440

then i got dead tree bowl the right way

Name:	frog-lake-ridge-049.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	204441

oh look there's video too

Name:	GOPR2530-0002.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	204442Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR2530-0014.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	204443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR2530-0015.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	204444

HuckleJerry was happening Friday morning.

Name:	IMG_20170414_114742104.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	204445

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Do your poles ever touch snow?
    Uh, yes, but most of the terrain isn't steep enough that you're going to see the actual contact. You seem to be confused and must have meant to login over at Epic Ski.

Tamarak

I stepped off the skin track about 3 feet and rode on top of this baby. No injury . Great snow.
    https://www.sierraavalanchecenter.or...lapse-tamarackClick image for larger version. 

Name:	cool shots 7.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	204447

Quote Originally Posted by Lencon View Post
    Kirkwood was titties today.
    I bet it was. What time did the backside open?

^^i was still hearing bombing at 12:30

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I bet it was. What time did the backside open?
    Bombs were going off the whole day.. but chair 4 opened a few minutes after 1:00. Super good. 10 and 6 opened at 10:00, even though lookers right of 6 was closed for some time. Eagle bowl and 2 opened around 2:30