TR - GoPro Cuatro Casas Mexico

With a South swell on the horizon, Tate MacDowell and Chris Gallagher make a quick mission down to Cuatro Casas, Baja Mexico to score some empty waves.
    Shot on Argus A2B 35mm and GoPro Hero3+
    Shot by Tate MacDowell
    Edited by Tate MacDowell
    Music by Tate MacDowell
    Last edited by HotTate; 09-22-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Excellent footage. It makes me hope I can get out early tomorrow to hit the Trestles area, which should be firing. Nice work and keep it coming.

How cold was the water? I am still wearing a long sleeve spring 2/2 in OC, but I can understand people wearing a bit more. Last year I was trunking in in the beginning of November.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Thanks man!
    The water was actually a lot colder than I'd expected!

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Quote Originally Posted by HotTate View Post
    Thanks man!
    The water was actually a lot colder than I'd expected!
    Baja can be colder than socal. I'm not an expert but I believe it has something to do with currents.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

South of Point Loma, the current keep the water colder than north of PL. I live in Coronado and the water is Mex cold.
    I use to love surfing in Mex, but over the years the local young kids are punks and you can't get away from them without a bout.
    Salispuedes is closed to access, as are most of the spots I surfed 20 years ago.
    Bums me out, but Mex is off my list unless I fly to Cabo.
    And it was a fun morning to surf in North County
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yeah, we stopped at Theresa's on the way down and it just felt like I was surfing swami's. Just packed and people had sharp elbows.
    But Cuatro Casas was a super chill the whole time even when other people were out. We caught it on the tail end of the weekend and had the place to ourselves. pretty hard to beat.

HotTate, so you felt ok driving down there? We use to stay at Las Gaviota's all the time, but the last time we drove down, two assholes in a F150 flipped us a badge on the Toll Road and told us to pull over. I told them I would stop at the next Toll Station but not there for them, so they took off. Likely were going to rob the gringos.
    Then, out to dinner at the Lobster Camp, it was like if someone wants to kidnap a gringo, we are it. Ya, it sucks, but I just do not feel comfortable down there anymore and all my surf spots are walled off for development.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Nice video, where do people get film developed these days?

Nice! Headed down in a week and this place was already on the list of spots to hit. Also came here to post whether I'd need booties or not and this answered that question for me.

The high five is $$
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    The high five is $$
    I should post the whole wave. My buddy isn't even visible at the beginning and the wave was so long and ended in with the high five.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    HotTate, so you felt ok driving down there? We use to stay at Las Gaviota's all the time, but the last time we drove down, two assholes in a F150 flipped us a badge on the Toll Road and told us to pull over. I told them I would stop at the next Toll Station but not there for them, so they took off. Likely were going to rob the gringos.
    Then, out to dinner at the Lobster Camp, it was like if someone wants to kidnap a gringo, we are it. Ya, it sucks, but I just do not feel comfortable down there anymore and all my surf spots are walled off for development.
    Maybe time to consider driving at night in Baja, since nobody does. Bet that decreases the chances of being robbed.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I camped and surfed there close to 20 years ago. Fun trip, but the waves kind of soft, no? Don't get me wrong, it was fun and no one really out, but far in quality from a salispuedes.

I'm in the liv2ski camp. Add that I'm driving from CenCal, but some of the higher quality spots are either closed or as croweded as SoCal. hese days Im more likely to head north of SF to score quiet.

Nice vid. Great spot to camp.